Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Burfict - 7th Career Concussion
To put this in perspective...he has 8.5 sacks in his career. He almost has as many concussions as sacks.

For his health and quality of life...I'm hoping he retires. If he does walk away, he had some really good seasons and was the heart and soul of our defense there for a while.

Hopefully he doesn't stick around too long and tarnish his legacy with more seasons like this one.

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
Reply/Quote
If he doesn't retire he will most likely be dead in 10 to 20 years.

It's time to end it and do something else like coach or something. He needs to be done.
Song of Solomon 2:15
Take us the foxes, the little foxes, that spoil the vines: for our vines have tender grapes.
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2018, 12:47 AM)Nebuchadnezzar Wrote: If he doesn't retire he will most likely be dead in 10 to 20 years.

It's time to end it and do something else like coach or something. He needs to be done.

Sadly I doubt he does though. Not with millions on the table.

7 concussions sounds insane.

In a lot of ways, he's the poster child for everything the NFL doesn't want. And the irony is he's beat his body up being that person.
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2018, 12:49 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Sadly I doubt he does though. Not with millions on the table.

7 concussions sounds insane.

In a lot of ways, he's the poster child for everything the NFL doesn't want. And the irony is he's beat his body up being that person.

It would be the wise thing for Mike Brown to release him then for the sake of his own health. He'll still get $2.7 mill over the next two years whether he plays again or not. If another team wants to pick him up and he wants to play, let that team take on that responsibility.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
His guaranteed money can be voided now with his PED suspension, we can cut him and he gets nothing. The reality is after so many concussions I'm not sure another team would pass him medically to sign him. I think this could be his last year in the NFL.
Reply/Quote
I'd say there's a very good chance Burfict has played his last NFL game.
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2018, 11:59 AM)bengalfan74 Wrote: I'd say there's a very good chance Burfict has played his last NFL game.

If there's anyone who cares about him and can get through to him, he should most definitely hang them up.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
Our best Linebackers ever like Burfict and Odell, always came with issues, with short careers.
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2018, 12:04 PM)McC Wrote: If there's anyone who cares about him and can get through to him, he should most definitely hang them up.

Oh no doubt, he's going to be one of the guys you read about in the paper if he doesn't get out.
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2018, 12:04 PM)McC Wrote: If there's anyone who cares about him and can get through to him, he should most definitely hang them up.

He needs to retire. With the rule changes that have taken place, his toughness has no place in today’s wimpy NFL anyway. He sucked this year because he can’t change the way he has played forever. Hes either an all-in aggressive player or nothing. Plus, 7 concussions to boot tells me now is the perfect time to make his exit.

Reply/Quote
He should be forced to retire.

Reply/Quote
(12-27-2018, 12:09 PM)Bengalitis Wrote: Our best Linebackers ever like Burfict and Odell, always came with issues, with short careers.

Takeo Spikes and Reggie Williams say "Whatchu talkin' bout Willis?".
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2018, 12:09 PM)Bengalitis Wrote: Our best Linebackers ever like Burfict and Odell, always came with issues, with short careers.

(12-27-2018, 12:32 PM)jason Wrote: Takeo Spikes and Reggie Williams say "Whatchu talkin' bout Willis?".

Neither Burfict or Odell are/were our best LB’s ever. They are/were some of the most talented, but the two named above along with guys like Simmons and Francis, were better LB’s because they provided talent with availability and production.
Reply/Quote
Bill Bergey
Fredtoast + Ignore = Forum bliss

Reply/Quote
Appreciate Burfict for all that he's done for Bengals, but its time to move on for both parties. If he doesn't see it that way, cut him and let some other team deal with the distractions/injuries.
Reply/Quote
Geez, how many Bengal careers end well, without tragedy or ill will or controversy? Who is the last player to retire a Bengal with a mutually fond farewell? I'm drawing a blank.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
It is no wonder the guy isn't playing like we know he can. Between the 4.2 million in fines and concussions he is dammed if he does and damned if he doesn't. He is lucky he still puts his shoes on the right feet and his mouth piece in his mouth and not up his own rear with that many concussions. I read an article about only 58% of the helmets in the nfl are Riddell now and 84% of concussions are player wearing Riddell. Makes you wonder if a helmet change couldn't help. Probably wouldnt matter but the guy needs to try something.
Reply/Quote
He should retire but I doubt he does. Also I think a team would take him on if he can pass a physical. Not sure he can though.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
Between the concussions and league discipline, that is why I wasn't really on board with the contract they gave him.

If he doesn't play this week, that will be 3 straight seasons where a concussion ended his year.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
Burfict is out most dominant linebacker ever. People feared him. He should retire though. But he actually made a huge difference when he was on the field.
Reply/Quote