Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Burfict - 7th Career Concussion
(12-27-2018, 02:16 PM)McC Wrote: Geez, how many Bengal careers end well, without tragedy or ill will or controversy?  Who is the last player to retire a Bengal with a mutually fond farewell?  I'm drawing a blank.

Dhani Jones?
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2018, 07:41 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Dhani Jones?

Big Willie ?
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2018, 08:21 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Big Willie ?

He played for the Ravens after he left here.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(12-27-2018, 02:16 PM)McC Wrote: Geez, how many Bengal careers end well, without tragedy or ill will or controversy? Who is the last player to retire a Bengal with a mutually fond farewell? I'm drawing a blank.

Neither can I...

This is extremely sad.

Reply/Quote
(12-27-2018, 09:50 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Neither can I...

This is extremely sad.

Rich Braham?

Excellent player.  He finally retired from injuries.

Not really tragic but he loved the Bengals... and that was hard to find!

"It will be pretty emotional, but I think it will be kind of neat,” Braham said. "To sit there and get a happy farewell from great fans."
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2018, 10:09 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: Rich Braham?

Excellent player.  He finally retired from injuries.

Not really tragic but he loved the Bengals... and that was hard to find!

"It will be pretty emotional, but I think it will be kind of neat,” Braham said. "To sit there and get a happy farewell from great fans."

I was at the game where him and Pollack got injured against Cleveland. I can’t remember, did he play again after that?

Reply/Quote
(12-27-2018, 10:25 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I was at the game where him and Pollack got injured against Cleveland. I can’t remember, did he play again after that?

According to the team he's fine and should play Sunday.
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2018, 02:16 PM)McC Wrote: Geez, how many Bengal careers end well, without tragedy or ill will or controversy?  Who is the last player to retire a Bengal with a mutually fond farewell?  I'm drawing a blank.

Munoz?
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2018, 10:36 PM)Destro Wrote: Munoz?

So we have to go back to the early 90’s...

Hell of an organization we have.

Reply/Quote
(12-27-2018, 10:25 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I was at the game where him and Pollack got injured against Cleveland. I can’t remember, did he play again after that?

I don't think Braham played another snap after that ?
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2018, 11:08 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: I don't think Braham played another snap after that ?

That’s what I thought. Terrible game for us. Pollack would have been a good player for a long time.

Reply/Quote
(12-27-2018, 11:13 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: That’s what I thought. Terrible game for us. Pollack would have been a good player for a long time.

Yep, I think Pollack was the real deal. And really our Oline hasn't again reached the level it was since Braham went out. Oh we've had a few decent games here and there but overall we've struggled.
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2018, 11:20 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote:  And really our Oline hasn't again reached the level it was since Braham went out. Oh we've had a few decent games here and there but overall we've struggled.

In just two seasons ('06-'07) we went from the best line in the league to a scrap heap.  Braham was injured and never returned.  Levi and Willie both suffered major injuries that they never fully recovered from, and Steinbach left in free agency.
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2018, 11:20 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Yep, I think Pollack was the real deal. And really our Oline hasn't again reached the level it was since Braham went out. Oh we've had a few decent games here and there but overall we've struggled.

Pollack had insanely more talent to work with in Dallas than here.

One season, they had like 6 players who were better than our best starter Boling.

I'm not saying he's a bad coach...but we need to bring in better players for him to work with.

Now, I don't like what I've seen from Price. Hopefully it's the injuries.
Reply/Quote
(12-28-2018, 09:59 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Pollack had insanely more talent to work with in Dallas than here.

One season, they had like 6 players who were better than our best starter Boling.

I'm not saying he's a bad coach...but we need to bring in better players for him to work with.

Now, I don't like what I've seen from Price. Hopefully it's the injuries.

He was talking about David Pollack the LBer we had for a hot minute that suffered a broken neck in the 2nd or 3rd game of his 2nd season. He's a college analyst for ESPN now.
Reply/Quote