Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Burfict Actually Fined 3 Times For Sunday
(12-18-2015, 11:06 AM)6andcounting Wrote: [Image: Foghorn-Leghorn-Thats-a-joke-son-You-mis...-by-ya.jpg]

I say....son....now listen to me boy....I say I saw the ninja in the first post....I just wanted the opportunity to post the same pile, different foot line.....try to keep up son.  LOL

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-18-2015, 05:27 PM)Beaker Wrote: He made a thinly veiled threat that could easily be interpreted to mean he intended bodily injury

Yes, but only to thin skinned bengal fans.
And that thin skinned wuss burfict.
Reply/Quote
(12-17-2015, 10:23 PM)6andcounting Wrote: Via Adam Schefter from a statement from Burfict's agent.

In other news, bengal fans are still waiting for him to make a single meaningful, legal play during an actual play this year.

?? He is a one of the best linebackers before a major injury that he is still coming back from.. but since he has been back.. no team had run that great on the Bengals and it is like he just got done with preseason now with 4 or so games under his belt... He has not even reached his peak snap count and last week he had 11 tackles against the Steelers... so not sure how you call that meaningless.. i think you are just mad or sorry that he is not on your team... since he would be your best linebacker
Reply/Quote
(12-18-2015, 10:31 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: ?? He is a one of the best linebackers before a major injury that he is still coming back from.. but since he has been back.. no team had run that great on the Bengals and it is like he just got done with preseason now with 4 or so games under his belt... He has not even reached his peak snap count and last week he had 11 tackles against the Steelers... so not sure how you call that meaningless.. i think you are just mad or sorry that he is not on your team... since he would be your best linebacker

All he does is play behind a great d-line and get tackles while the other guys do the dirty work. In 44 games he has 4 sacks, 2 force fumbles and 1 int.

Ryan Shazier has 2 forced fumbles, 3 sacks and a pass deflection in 9 starts this year - and one of those starts lasted half a drive before he left with injury. Timmons has 2.5 sacks, 1 int, 6 passes deflected and averages more tackles a game than Burfict this year.Harrison plays 20 snaps a game and has 5 sacks this year.Moats has 3 sacks and Jarvis Jones has 2 - and they split time playing the same position.

Sorry he's not on my team? Best linebacker? He couldn't even start for the Steelers. Hell, sean Spence has two sacks as the back-up so Burfict could be the 2nd back-up. Congratulations, Burfcit would in front of Vince williams on the Steelers depth chart.
[Image: Cz_eGI3UUAASnqC.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(12-18-2015, 11:08 PM)6andcounting Wrote: All he does is play behind a great d-line and get tackles while the other guys do the dirty work. In 44 games he has 4 sacks, 2 force fumbles and 1 int.

Ryan Shazier has 2 forced fumbles, 3 sacks and a pass deflection in 9 starts this year - and one of those starts lasted half a drive before he left with injury. Timmons has 2.5 sacks, 1 int, 6 passes deflected and averages more tackles a game than Burfict this year.Harrison plays 20 snaps a game and has 5 sacks this year.Moats has 3 sacks and Jarvis Jones has 2 - and they split time playing the same position.

Sorry he's not on my team? Best linebacker? He couldn't even start for the Steelers. Hell, sean Spence has two sacks as the back-up so Burfict could be the 2nd back-up. Congratulations, Burfcit would in front of Vince williams on the Steelers depth chart.

Pittsburgh doesn't have a LB half as good as Burfict. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(12-18-2015, 11:13 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Pittsburgh doesn't have a LB half as good as Burfict. 

Being completely honest and as objective as possible I'm going to say the following.  If he wasn't a dirty player Burfict would be exactly what you want in a guy, he's a high energy guy who clearly cares a lot about his job and the outcome of the game.  Sadly, for you and him, this is coupled with a disconnect about how the game should be played and he clearly seems to have a "by any means necessary" type of mindset.  I wish every player on the Steelers cared about the game as much as Burfict clearly does.  I'm imminently grateful that no one on the Steelers is willing to stoop to the depths that Burfict is clearly comfortable with to do so.
Reply/Quote
(12-18-2015, 11:13 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Pittsburgh doesn't have a LB half as good as Burfict. 

No NFL team has a linebacker half as good as burfict because they get cut in training camp.
Reply/Quote
(12-18-2015, 11:22 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Being completely honest and as objective as possible I'm going to say the following.  If he wasn't a dirty player Burfict would be exactly what you want in a guy, he's a high energy guy who clearly cares a lot about his job and the outcome of the game.  Sadly, for you and him, this is coupled with a disconnect about how the game should be played and he clearly seems to have a "by any means necessary" type of mindset.  I wish every player on the Steelers cared about the game as much as Burfict clearly does.  I'm imminently grateful that no one on the Steelers is willing to stoop to the depths that Burfict is clearly comfortable with to do so.

It wold be nice if he would cut the immature BS.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(12-18-2015, 11:26 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: It wold be nice if he would cut the immature BS.

Quite sincerely I don't see it happening, it's been the knock on him since forever.  Despite what has been suggested on this board the Steelers aren't even remotely the only team to have issues with the guy.  I don't see a future for him in the league as some team is going to take him out or he's going to be suspended indefinitely.  The guy legitimately tries to injure people and other players have taken notice.
Reply/Quote
(12-18-2015, 11:33 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Quite sincerely I don't see it happening, it's been the knock on him since forever.  Despite what has been suggested on this board the Steelers aren't even remotely the only team to have issues with the guy.  I don't see a future for him in the league as some team is going to take him out or he's going to be suspended indefinitely.  The guy legitimately tries to injure people and other players have taken notice.

5 fines for 7 incidents - everything near the line and a handful of things that are well on the perfectly legal side of the side are gonna draw pf flags from the refs because of his reputation. And a lot of his stuff is after the play crap he does, not just hard hits on defenseless receivers and such. I imagine teams will be successful in agitating him into taking a dumb penalty. Anythings possible, but I agree I don't see him changing since it's been an issue this college. Don't forget there's a 3rd option as to way his time will be cut short - giving himself another concussion and/or neck injury from diving into the pile.
Reply/Quote
I can't believe the amount of attention this play is getting, you'd think he body slammed him. If you watch the footage you can see him get pushed into Jen. If he wanted to hurt him would have. Jen needs to suck it up and quit crying, its football.
[Image: 52393749789596023645410.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(12-19-2015, 12:26 AM)Dmac18 Wrote: I can't believe the amount of attention this play is getting, you'd think he body slammed him. If you watch the footage you can see him get pushed into Jen. If he wanted to hurt him would have. Jen needs to suck it up and quit crying, its football.

[Image: 290pkqt.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(12-18-2015, 11:08 PM)6andcounting Wrote: All he does is play behind a great d-line and get tackles while the other guys do the dirty work. In 44 games he has 4 sacks, 2 force fumbles and 1 int.

LBs seldom rush the passer in a 4-3 defense unless called upon to blitz.  We rarely blitz.  The LBs job in the 4-3 is to read and react.  Your DEs and any blitzers are the primary pass rushers. We also have the added luxury of the best interior DT in the game....another reason we don't blitz as frequently. Burfict's main role in this defense is to make tackles in the middle of the field , call the defense , check alignment , and coverage. Maualuga is the gap stuffer.  Burfict is a little weak in coverage , but he does very well at the rest of it.

Your team runs a zone blitz out of the 3-4, your LBs should have more sacks than they do.

Reply/Quote
(12-18-2015, 11:22 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Being completely honest and as objective as possible I'm going to say the following.  If he wasn't a dirty player Burfict would be exactly what you want in a guy, he's a high energy guy who clearly cares a lot about his job and the outcome of the game.  Sadly, for you and him, this is coupled with a disconnect about how the game should be played and he clearly seems to have a "by any means necessary" type of mindset.  I wish every player on the Steelers cared about the game as much as Burfict clearly does.  I'm imminently grateful that no one on the Steelers is willing to stoop to the depths that Burfict is clearly comfortable with to do so.

Ah the good ol days....when a guy who played like Dick Butkus was Dick Butkus and made the HOF. LOL

Reply/Quote
(12-19-2015, 07:27 AM)WychesWarrior Wrote: LBs seldom rush the passer in a 4-3 defense unless called upon to blitz.  We rarely blitz.  The LBs job in the 4-3 is to read and react.  Your DEs and any blitzers are the primary pass rushers. We also have the added luxury of the best interior DT in the game....another reason we don't blitz as frequently. Burfict's main role in this defense is to make tackles in the middle of the field , call the defense , check alignment , and coverage. Maualuga is the gap stuffer.  Burfict is a little weak in coverage , but he does very well at the rest of it.

Your team runs a zone blitz out of the 3-4, your LBs should have more sacks than they do.

Burfict on the Steelers (or any 34 D) would be an inside linebacker. The ILB role on the Steelers is exactly what Burfict's role is on the Bengals. The Steelers have been blitzing more than previous years, but it's been a lot of stuff with the corners and safeties. Heyward, Harrison and Tuitt are the 3 sack leaders - in that order. Heyward and Tuitt have been dominatinate. We still don't blitz with our ILB's that much, which is why Timmon's and Shaziers numbers are actually quiate impressive. Burfict isn't unseating either of those 2 for a starting spot and wouldn't even be easy for him to unseat Spence as the first back-up.
Reply/Quote
(12-19-2015, 09:34 AM)6andcounting Wrote: Burfict on the Steelers (or any 34 D) would be an inside linebacker. The ILB role on the Steelers is exactly what Burfict's role is on the Bengals. The Steelers have been blitzing more than previous years, but it's been a lot of stuff with the corners and safeties. Heyward, Harrison and Tuitt are the 3 sack leaders - in that order. Heyward and Tuitt have been dominatinate. We still don't blitz with our ILB's that much, which is why Timmon's and Shaziers numbers are actually quiate impressive. Burfict isn't unseating either of those 2 for a starting spot and wouldn't even be easy for him to unseat Spence as the first back-up.

You don't know how to football. 

Reply/Quote
(12-19-2015, 09:34 AM)6andcounting Wrote: Burfict on the Steelers (or any 34 D) would be an inside linebacker. The ILB role on the Steelers is exactly what Burfict's role is on the Bengals. The Steelers have been blitzing more than previous years, but it's been a lot of stuff with the corners and safeties. Heyward, Harrison and Tuitt are the 3 sack leaders - in that order. Heyward and Tuitt have been dominatinate. We still don't blitz with our ILB's that much, which is why Timmon's and Shaziers numbers are actually quiate impressive. Burfict isn't unseating either of those 2 for a starting spot and wouldn't even be easy for him to unseat Spence as the first back-up.

Healthy.....he unseats them all.  We rarely blitz.....so rarely that fans ***** about it quite often when we don't get pressure with the four man rush.

Reply/Quote
(12-19-2015, 07:31 AM)Wyche Wrote: Ah the good ol days....when a guy who played like Dick Butkus was Dick Butkus and made the HOF. LOL

A more recent, and obviously homerish, example is Greg Lloyd.  He also happens to be favorite player of all time.  he played with intensity, he hated the other team.  He hit the crap out of people but he did not have a rep as a dirty player, just a tough and scary one.
Reply/Quote
(12-19-2015, 09:34 AM)6andcounting Wrote: ...Timmon's and Shaziers numbers are actually quiate impressive. Burfict isn't unseating either of those 2 for a starting spot

Pretty sure Burfict would have no trouble injuring Shazier and taking his spot.
Reply/Quote
A less recent example of a linebacker who played with such intensity that he hated himself was Jack Lambert.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hLR4ZaLD6Dk
Reply/Quote