Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Burfict Looked Great
Am I wrong or did Burfict look damn good today?

Seemed like he was all over the field and finished 7 tackles (6 solo), which was second only to Kirk.

Great thing is he is only going to get better as he recovers more, but I was impressed with his play.

Anybody else think he played as good as I think he did?
Reply/Quote
I think he played better than you did.
Reply/Quote
(11-30-2015, 12:14 AM)StoneTheCrow Wrote: I think he played better than you did.

Yeah, but Brad came up big when it mattered.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(11-30-2015, 12:22 AM)Awful Llama Wrote: Yeah, but Brad came up big when it mattered.

It's definitely when you bring it.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
What if I told you burfict was underage Brad
Reply/Quote
I think Burfict's presence is as much about him making calls as his actual play. You could see him pointing things out, making adjustments, and then the play gets blown up. Dude just knows the game. But you are right, Brad, we are so lucky to have him back.
Reply/Quote
(11-30-2015, 01:09 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: I think Burfict's presence is as much about him making calls as his actual play.  You could see him pointing things out, making adjustments, and then the play gets blown up.  Dude just knows the game.  But you are right, Brad, we are so lucky to have him back.

I agree, and the defense also seems to have more energy and be more alert about what they're doing when he's in the game.

He's the quarterback of this defense and they all seem to rally around him, like they're playing on another level.

Vontaze's play was BURFICT!

Hilarious  

We have a hell of a defense, especially with Burfict!
Reply/Quote
Didn't he log (2) personal fouls today?

The guy is one of the best period, but I'd like to see him learn to better control his fits of rage. Maybe you can't have the best of Tez, without the worst of Tez? I dunno.
This post brought to you by the Cincinnati Bengals. Proud leaders in squandering opportunity, since 1969.
Reply/Quote
(11-30-2015, 02:28 AM)Utts Wrote: Didn't he log (2) personal fouls today?

The guy is one of the best period, but I'd like to see him learn to better control his fits of rage. Maybe you can't have the best of Tez, without the worst of Tez? I dunno.

Was one play down when they were backed up deep in their own territory and he looked to get an attitude with a guy and a bit of shoving.  I got freaked out.
Reply/Quote
Burfict did look great, but if anyone deserved a thread it was Geno Atkins. He blew up their entire line the entire game. Insanely good.
Reply/Quote
(11-30-2015, 02:28 AM)Utts Wrote: Didn't he log (2) personal fouls today?

Yeah, I think it was a 3rd and long when Peko made a great play on a screen to the RB, but Tez blew up an Olineman a bit after the tackle. It was close, but the refs threw the flag, erased Peko's TFL and gave the Rams 15 and a 1st down.  He draws those penalties because of his history. 
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
Reply/Quote
(11-30-2015, 02:49 AM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: Burfict did look great, but if anyone deserved a thread it was Geno Atkins. He blew up their entire line the entire game. Insanely good.

With you there....I stated as much in the game ball thread.  He was unstoppable.
Reply/Quote
(11-30-2015, 03:24 AM)Shady Wrote: Yeah, I think it was a 3rd and long when Peko made a great play on a screen to the RB, but Tez blew up an Olineman a bit after the tackle. It was close, but the refs threw the flag, erased Peko's TFL and gave the Rams 15 and a 1st down.  He draws those penalties because of his history. 

Yep.
Another player does that, no flags.

It's a shame because Burfict gets a bad rap despite not being a very dirty player. He has his moments, but overall the refs just have it out for him.

At the same time, without his hard hitting, he wouldn't be the player we know and love. So I think you just have to take the Referee target on his back along with his incredible and physical play.

A lot of the great linebackers were flag magnets. That's what it takes to be an intimidator in the middle of the field.
Reply/Quote
(11-30-2015, 03:24 AM)Shady Wrote: Yeah, I think it was a 3rd and long when Peko made a great play on a screen to the RB, but Tez blew up an Olineman a bit after the tackle. It was close, but the refs threw the flag, erased Peko's TFL and gave the Rams 15 and a 1st down.  He draws those penalties because of his history. 

Yeah, that one was a little questionable.  Any other LB does that and there's no flag.
Reply/Quote
(11-30-2015, 02:28 AM)BFritz21 Wrote: I agree, and the defense also seems to have more energy and be more alert about what they're doing when he's in the game.

He's the quarterback of this defense and they all seem to rally around him, like they're playing on another level.

Vontaze's play was BURFICT!

Hilarious  

We have a hell of a defense, especially with Burfict!
Burfict and the whole team better have their heads on swivels, when we play putzburg,they are  gonna be looking for revenge especially Mitchell he's a low hitter anyways. 
Thanks ExtraRadiohead for the great sig

[Image: SE-KY-Bengal-Sig.png]
Reply/Quote
Burfict needs to accept the fact that he has to be a choirboy 100% of the time or he will get flagged for things other players wouldn't. It's a raw deal, but, he did bring some of it on himself.
Reply/Quote
(11-30-2015, 03:29 PM)BengalFanInNJ Wrote: Burfict needs to accept the fact that he has to be a choirboy 100% of the time or he will get flagged for things other players wouldn't. It's a raw deal, but, he did bring some of it on himself.

I disagree. If he could do that while keeping the same intensity, sure.  But I'm not sure that's possible.  He plays with a fire that is incredibly rare, and I don't think we want to dampen it.
Reply/Quote
(11-30-2015, 03:24 AM)Shady Wrote: He draws those penalties because of his history. 

Not sure I agree with that. I think he easily earns most of his penalties. I don't disagree that he probably gets greater scrutiny bc of his history, but that's his own fault.
This post brought to you by the Cincinnati Bengals. Proud leaders in squandering opportunity, since 1969.
Reply/Quote
Idc how he's played honestly

Seeing him play for 3 straight games at full go is what I'm thankful for
Reply/Quote
(11-30-2015, 09:51 AM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: Yep.
Another player does that, no flags.

It's a shame because Burfict gets a bad rap despite not being a very dirty player. He has his moments, but overall the refs just have it out for him.

At the same time, without his hard hitting, he wouldn't be the player we know and love. So I think you just have to take the Referee target on his back along with his incredible and physical play.

A lot of the great linebackers were flag magnets. That's what it takes to be an intimidator in the middle of the field.
Hits a guys balls, twists a guys injured foot after the play, blatantly drills a guy from behind after the play.

Nope, not very dirty at all...
Reply/Quote