Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Burfict Will Rehab All the Way Through Summer
(05-27-2015, 05:57 AM)OSUfan Wrote: How many of these players had the procedure done on their knee?

All of them.
Reply/Quote
Wishing for a full recovery! Don't rush it!
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
 [Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
i hope Burfict mends fast and plays as close to 100% as he can, but Hawk is looking like a better signing every day.
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
"He didn't run and walked with a limp."

That does not sound like someone that will play football in 2015 and if he is ready for the Playoffs, do you really want someone that hasn't played a down all year seeing their first action then?
[Image: bey.gif]
Reply/Quote
Vontaze makes plays with his brain. He could be at 80% health and still be a force on this Defense. Lets just hope our field general is dressed on Sundays.
Reply/Quote
(05-27-2015, 05:41 PM)Bigsmithin Wrote: Vontaze makes plays with his brain.  He could be at 80% health and still be a force on this Defense.  Lets just hope our field general is dressed on Sundays.

You bring up another issue here. He needs to quit using his brain or actually use his brain and see what he hits or his days in the league are numbered.
Reply/Quote
(05-27-2015, 02:24 AM)CornerBlitz Wrote: That success rate is more or less to be back and playing eventually. I'd say it's about a 25% rate that they come back and fully healthy as if they didn't get injured. I can list a number of players that were never the same in the NBA

Greg Oden
T Mac
C Webber
Grant Hill
Amare Staudamire
Brandon Roy

These are just off the top of my head....this injury is absolutely awful. No way to spin it.

Grant Hill to my knowledge never had microfracture surgery of the knee. An ankle surgery is pretty much what did in Hill, well that and a sports hernia. I would also have to argue Staudamire having ill effects of the surgery. Actually Staudamire and Jason Kidd are players they mention as showing no side effects of the surgery.
Reply/Quote
(05-27-2015, 05:56 AM)OSUfan Wrote: The surgery gets a bad rap because of the basketball players that have not come back from the surgery. However, it is not apples and oranges as most of the NBA players that most refer to have had the procedure on the foot which is a different animal than the knee.

Hate to break it to you chief, but the vast majority of micro fracture surgery involves the knee.

http://mobile.sportingnews.com/article/4574393-greg-oden-miami-heat-portland-trailblazers-microfracture-surgery-nba-amare-stoudemire-penny-hardaway
Reply/Quote
It does no good to talk about some other player and how his recovery went, because the amount of damage to the knee may have been much more or much less than what Vontaze had.

As I understand it, Vontaze’s problem was limited to a fairly small area towards the side of the knee, so his prospects are very good. His surgeon says Vontaze will be ready for the start of the season. Anyone who says otherwise needs a whooping with a switch.
Miss Otis regrets she's unable to lunch today.
Reply/Quote
(06-05-2015, 07:39 AM)Toy Cannon Wrote: It does no good to talk about some other player and how his recovery went, because the amount of damage to the knee may have been much more or much less than what Vontaze had.

As I understand it, Vontaze’s problem was limited to a fairly small area towards the side of the knee, so his prospects are very good.  His surgeon says Vontaze will be ready for the start of the season.  Anyone who says otherwise needs a whooping with a switch.

What did Burfict's surgeon say after the first knee surgery before the microfracture surgery?  Every surgeon has every patient sign a waiver acknowledging there are no guarantees with surgery. You're right no two patients or surgeries are the same, but you don't want to push too hard too soon after microfracture surgery or you run the risk of undoing all the healing. The Bengals should be advising the fans to be patient with this one.
Reply/Quote
This worries me because without Burfict, this LB corps is relatively suspect.

Rey had an unexpectedly solid year last year, and Lamur and Vinnie Rey have been good for us (not to mention how A.J. Hawk might do), but none of them bring what Burfict brings to the table. This group lacks a true play-maker.

I'm convinced the Bengals foresaw Burfict starting on the PUP at least, hence the offseason focus on his position (especially the signing of Hawk).
Formerly w8ing 4 '08
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(06-05-2015, 11:19 AM)PlayerFormerlyKnownAsMousecop Wrote: This worries me because without Burfict, this LB corps is relatively suspect.

Rey had an unexpectedly solid year last year, and Lamur and Vinnie Rey have been good for us (not to mention how A.J. Hawk might do), but none of them bring what Burfict brings to the table. This group lacks a true play-maker.

I'm convinced the Bengals foresaw Burfict starting on the PUP at least, hence the offseason focus on his position (especially the signing of Hawk).

If Burfict can't play for some or, God forbid, all of this season, then Paulie has to step up his game and find a way to scheme around it. 

He showed he could do it a couple times last year.  No reason why he can't bring it week after week.  If you're basing your whole defense on one or two guys dominating for you and those guys aren't able to, you have to do more than just wish they were there.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(05-27-2015, 02:24 AM)CornerBlitz Wrote: That success rate is more or less to be back and playing eventually. I'd say it's about a 25% rate that they come back and fully healthy as if they didn't get injured. I can list a number of players that were never the same in the NBA

Greg Oden
T Mac
C Webber
Grant Hill
Amare Staudamire
Brandon Roy

These are just off the top of my head....this injury is absolutely awful. No way to spin it.
The biggest difference between these players and Burfict is the sport they play.  There is far more twisting and jumping in basketball than in football especially when you look at the difference in the lengths of their seasons.  Basketball players height also adds to the impact on the knee.  

Microfracture has at minimum a 9-10 recovery period. The good news for him is that he doesn't have a long history of knee problems and the only other surgery on that knee was recent enough that there wasn't time for a big scar tissue build-up.

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(05-26-2015, 07:32 PM)J24 Wrote: The most important thing for Vontaz is to be 100% when he comes back. Whether it be week one this year, week 8 this year, or week one in 2016.

Yep.
Reply/Quote
We have the worst linebacker luck in the league. O'Dell thurman, keith rivers , now vontaze could possibly not comeback to his dominating force. Will be very sad if true. Guy just has a knack for the game that many never will have.
I'd rather him sit the entire season if it improved his chances of coming back 100%
Reply/Quote