Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Burfict actually now fined for Big Ben hit
At least Burfict tried to get some paybacks. In that game, I don't mind it. You don't let people threaten your life and not expect someone as volatile as Burfict to respond. The league blew it, and that game was the result.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(12-18-2015, 11:28 AM)jj22 Wrote: At least Burfict tried to get some paybacks. In that game, I don't mind it. You don't let people threaten your life and not expect someone as volatile as Burfict to respond. The league blew it, and that game was the result.

Yeah, that game was a mess. Burfict earned his fines. The disappointment for me comes from understanding not nearly enough fines will be levied in this game...

The league should have fallen on all of the threats and trash talk before Sunday. Once the league failed, it was really on the refs to drop the hammer. They should have ejected Mitchell for the headhunting right away, and thrown 20 flags on both teams in the first quarter. They didn't, and the resulting game was about as unprofessional as the league has seen in years.
Reply/Quote
I hope he doesn't stop when we play them.
Reply/Quote
While I think it's stupid they are wishy washy, James Harrison was fined just about every week. He got a reputation. They magnified all of his hits and antics because of it. Burfict has the same reputation so anytime he does something even remotely shady, it's going to get a response.
Reply/Quote
(12-18-2015, 12:20 PM)ItsOdellThurman Wrote: While I think it's stupid they are wishy washy, James Harrison was fined just about every week.  He got a reputation.  They magnified all of his hits and antics because of it.  Burfict has the same reputation so anytime he does something even remotely shady, it's going to get a response.

The truth I hate to dwell on is that part of why we love Burfict is that he's the A-hole bully we despise the Steelers for cultivating. I'd absolutely love to have a team that beats the bullies without resorting to their crud... I just haven't seen us do it. I consider him the Bengals' version of an NHL goon. He's willing to be the bad guy whenever another team thinks they can step all over us.
Reply/Quote
(12-18-2015, 12:35 PM)gobobro Wrote: The truth I hate to dwell on is that part of why we love Burfict is that he's the A-hole bully we despise the Steelers for cultivating. I'd absolutely love to have a team that beats the bullies without resorting to their crud... I just haven't seen us do it. I consider him the Bengals' version of an NHL goon. He's willing to be the bad guy whenever another team thinks they can step all over us.

So long as he's not intentionally trying to hurt people, I'll love his attitude.  However, stuff like twisting ankles or punching guys in the rocks needs to stop.  The day this team sinks to Pittsburgh's level and starts headhunting just to hurt people is the day I give up football.
Reply/Quote
(12-18-2015, 12:35 PM)gobobro Wrote: The truth I hate to dwell on is that part of why we love Burfict is that he's the A-hole bully we despise the Steelers for cultivating. I'd absolutely love to have a team that beats the bullies without resorting to their crud... I just haven't seen us do it. I consider him the Bengals' version of an NHL goon. He's willing to be the bad guy whenever another team thinks they can step all over us.

(12-18-2015, 12:39 PM)Earendil Wrote: So long as he's not intentionally trying to hurt people, I'll love his attitude.  However, stuff like twisting ankles or punching guys in the rocks needs to stop.  The day this team sinks to Pittsburgh's level and starts headhunting just to hurt people is the day I give up football.

Yeah, there is a fine line between playing tough and not taking anybody's crap and taking cheap shots and playing dirty.  I love the way Burfict plays, but not some of his other on-field actions.
[Image: PApinhead-Sig-1_2.png]

Sig compliments of ExtraRadiohead
Reply/Quote
Holy cow!  70K..

[Image: 12139092_1651251851813639_149093449_n.jpg]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
I love how the media is making a big deal out of it but not saying a word about the cheap shots the Steelers took and fines they received...

Eff the Steelers..
Reply/Quote
(12-17-2015, 10:15 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Heard a report where they said Ben and Roger were seen heading together to the bathroom....

[Image: ben-roethlisberger.gif]

...soon after their decision for a fine was suddenly reversed.

[Image: 516.gif]
Reply/Quote
(12-18-2015, 01:40 PM)GodFather Wrote: I love how the media is making a big deal out of it but not saying a word about the cheap shots the Steelers took and fines they received...

Eff the Steelers..

Oh of course not!!!  We wouldn't want anyone to think the Steelers are cheap shot artists.
[Image: PApinhead-Sig-1_2.png]

Sig compliments of ExtraRadiohead
Reply/Quote
(12-18-2015, 02:09 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: [Image: 516.gif]

[Image: dead2.gif]
Reply/Quote
(12-18-2015, 02:09 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: [Image: 516.gif]

(Though I do love me some Who's Line.)

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(12-17-2015, 11:35 PM)Wyche Wrote: It's ok....but Spaeth should get one too.

Most definately. Lots of dirty stuff going on in that game, not just Burfict. The Mitchell hit...

I have got to admit it, Burfict was playing dirty that game and i have to admit i like the guy even more.

Seems like he hates the Steelers almost as much as me lol

I know it sounds like the wrong thing to say but after all the years of dirty hits from the Steelers it is honestly how i feel.

Screw the Steelers.
Reply/Quote
Dirty on the field, stand up guys off the field. It's funny that this video contains our three "dirtiest players". What happens on the field stays on the field, and I like it that way.

http://www.bengals.com/media-lounge/videos/Bengals-surprise-school-with-bikes/a7e7197a-d153-48a3-9a92-a4b0e8343c1e
Reply/Quote
Mike Mitchell has been fine $23k for the hit in Eifert.

http://www.cincyjungle.com/2015/12/18/10621900/steelers-safety-mike-mitchell-fined-23000-for-hit-on-bengals-tight
Reply/Quote
(12-18-2015, 11:04 AM)Au165 Wrote: First rule of sports, the league is always out to get your team. If you go to Steelers forum they claim the league is out to get them, if you look here the league is out to get us. If the league is out to get everyone, are they actually out to get anyone?

Yep...they are out to help the teams with the biggest fan base because that equals the greatest attendance dollars...and let's face it, there is an awful lot of fat, uneducated, inbred, morons out there that root for that team from putzburgh.  

Ask yourself this:  What big name QB got hit low that changed the role?

Tom Brady....happened about two years after it did to Carson Palmer.  Ironically, there was a Patriot that went low in Palmer in his final game of 2004, I believe.  
Reply/Quote

Burfict is far from being a goon...he is an elite talent at LB that doesn't put up with shit.
Reply/Quote
(12-18-2015, 06:42 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: Burfict is far from being a goon...he is an elite talent at LB that doesn't put up with shit.

You understand I mean goon in the hockey sense of being an enforcer, and not some sort of knucklehead euphemism?
Reply/Quote
(12-18-2015, 04:13 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Most definately. Lots of dirty stuff going on in that game, not just Burfict. The Mitchell hit...

I have got to admit it, Burfict was playing dirty that game and i have to admit i like the guy even more.

Seems like he hates the Steelers almost as much as me lol

I know it sounds like the wrong thing to say but after all the years of dirty hits from the Steelers it is honestly how i feel.

Screw the Steelers.

A man after me own heart....couldn't agree any more.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote