Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Burfict and Jones honestly suck
LeGarrette Blount and Rob Gronkowski make Vontaze Burfict and Adam Jones look like choirboys in comparison.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Burfict is easliy our best player on d. Ok besides Dunlap
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2016, 05:52 PM)JumboTron Wrote: So do you suggest we release him because he has a checkered past with personal fouls?

The reality is, Goodell is out to get him because of his reputation(deserved or not is irrelevant) for attempting to injure other players.  We will rarely get a fair shake with him still on the roster.  He is a good player, but he isn't out there making a lot of game changing plays, either.  He is also injury prone and I can't remember the last time he played a full season.  He and Jones are leaders, but they both have a tendency to just spontaneously lose it.  They aren't mentally tough, and the team takes after that.

This team has a ton of negative PR right now, which makes it easy for zebras to shaft us.  Releasing Jones and Burfict would be a good way of showing people that that kind of BS won't be tolerated.
Reply/Quote
As to the Gronk vs Burfict thing...the hell is Gronk thinking? Too many hits to the head? Gronk is an giant meathead fratboy that's probably never been in a fight in his entire life, and he picks a fight with a guy who grew up fighting against gangs (Can read about it in a story of his own words) there is only one way that fight would actually end and it'd be with Gronk KO'ed and drooling on himself.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
Dumb thread is dumb.

Burfict was flying around the field for much of the game today. Pacman has lost a step, but him and Burfict do more on the sidelines to hold this team accountable than our worthless coaching staff does.

Reply/Quote
The real tragic thing (to me) is after Dalton took the sack in the endzone, ESPN penalized the Bengals defense 2 points in fantasy...WTF?

Two weeks in a row Bengals D/ST 0....

Coaching is as bad as we have ever seen it as of late, nothing too positive, but I don't think Burfict and Adam Jones should take all the blame.

[Image: cinsigfin.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2016, 06:25 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Dumb thread is dumb.

Burfict was flying around the field for much of the game today. Pacman has lost a step, but him and Burfict do more on the sidelines to hold this team accountable than our worthless coaching staff does.

Totally agree with this one 
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2016, 06:25 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Dumb thread is dumb.

Nailed it.
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2016, 05:40 PM)Whatever Wrote: He came apart at the end of the game again today.  Dude just can't be trusted in big spots.  

?????  Burfict was the one who forced the refs to finally throw the flag on Gronk!!!!

The ref was right there when Gronk started taunting Dre immediately after the tackle and did nothing. The refs were doing everything they could to keep that flag in their pockets until Burfict went at them, something the HC should be doing!
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2016, 05:42 PM)JumboTron Wrote: You got Blount and Burfict mixed up bro.

Agreed. Burfict actually got Gronk and Blount to lose it. Not vice versa.

(10-16-2016, 05:56 PM)jason Wrote: He looks like Geno Atkins in a 55 jersey. Of course he could lose some weight.

That's a bit much. Burfict don't weigh 3 bills. He looks a lot like how Rey Lewis looked much of his career. Marv likes his LBs big anyway.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
Burfict is fine, that useless Peko is more of a liability on "D".
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2016, 06:55 PM)Butchie Tiger Wrote: Burfict is fine, that useless Peko is more of a liability on "D".

He cost us a TD today too. It's hard to hate on Peko since he seems like such a genuinely good dude, but it's time to hang em up. Pat Sims has clearly outplayed him this year. 

Reply/Quote
(10-16-2016, 05:50 PM)Whatever Wrote: Burfict instigated a lot of the bs down the stretch.  I'm sure when Blandino and Co. review it, they will use it to villify him even more and screw us out of a few more games.  Reality is, Burfict is the NFL's public enemy #1, and we don't have a hope of getting a fair shake as long as he remains here.

Gronk and Blount instigated every part of that bs and it's not debateable. Burfict came to the defense of his teammates like he should.
[Image: hFcJI4.png]
Reply/Quote
As most have said: Bashing of VB is without merit. I will say Dansby makes it 3 years in a row that a has been is not our answer at slb
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(10-16-2016, 05:40 PM)Whatever Wrote: He came apart at the end of the game again today.  Dude just can't be trusted in big spots.  

Who on our team can? Legit question. 
[Image: 85d8232ebbf088d606250ddec1641e7b.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2016, 06:33 PM)CINwillWIN Wrote: The real tragic thing (to me) is after Dalton took the sack in the endzone, ESPN penalized the Bengals defense 2 points in fantasy...WTF?

Two weeks in a row Bengals D/ST 0....

Coaching is as bad as we have ever seen it as of late, nothing too positive, but I don't think Burfict and Adam Jones should take all the blame.

Why are you starting the Bengals defense against the Patriots?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?! You deserved to be penalized 20 points for that  Hilarious Ninja
[Image: 85d8232ebbf088d606250ddec1641e7b.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2016, 07:17 PM)bfine32 Wrote: As  most have said: Bashing of VB is without merit. I will say Dansby makes it 3 years in a row that a has been is not our answer at slb

Maualuga looked bad again...Dansby at least made 6 more assist tackles than Ray...Not ready to give up on Dansby yet...

Reply/Quote
(10-16-2016, 07:31 PM)Aquapod770 Wrote: Why are you starting the Bengals defense against the Patriots?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?! You deserved to be penalized 20 points for that  Hilarious Ninja

I was hoping for something due to their ill performance last week...to no avail... Cry

Reply/Quote
(10-16-2016, 05:47 PM)masonbengals fan Wrote: 55 is one of the team/s best players. Jones has lost a step.

Yes Burfict is! But he can't cover receivers - either.  (Yes, I know he got an INT last year).

Now, to my rant: Dansby (56) is a complete waste as a coverage LB on this team. He is toad-slow and got burned at least 3 times by a receiver over the middle. I saw those 3 whiffs in the low-lights on some wrap-up show. Hard to imagine how many he had in the entire game. He has turned out to be another Harrison, IMO.

WTF are the defensive coaching thinking? Sick The Bengals LBs are not built/equipped to cover receivers...and can't.  Cry Why do they scheme as if they can? Besides the DBs look to be as bad in pass defense (and a ton of missed tackles) as any in the NFL. I want to tar and feather the person responsible drafting these wannabes and the coaches hired to coach them Shocked .
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2016, 07:05 PM)cinci4life Wrote: Gronk and Blount instigated every part of that bs and it's not debateable. Burfict came to the defense of his teammates like he should.

Bingo. Nailed it.
Reply/Quote