Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Burfict and the Officials....
Anyone else notice during yesterday's game that Vontaze was doing a lot of talking to the officials between plays, with a big smile on his face like he was cracking up with them. I wonder if he just likes the crew we had yesterday, or if it is a purposeful effort at building his rep back up with them...... at any rate, it was nice to see the refs laughing with him instead of throwing angry flags at him....
Reply/Quote
Anything that keeps him on the field is fine by me, but he got away with one on the sidelines. No idea what he was thinking.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-09-2017, 08:22 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Anyone else notice during yesterday's game that Vontaze was doing a lot of talking to the officials between plays, with a big smile on his face like he was cracking up with them. I wonder if he just likes the crew we had yesterday, or if it is a purposeful effort at building his rep back up with them...... at any rate, it was nice to see the refs laughing with him instead of throwing angry flags at him....

I also seen him helping up the RBs quite a bit, which is probably another way of him building up a good rapport. 
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
Reply/Quote
On the interception he clocked the intended WR that the ball sailed over just by running to where the ball was going to be and instantly threw the hands up like "I didn't do anything". I was worried that was about to be a flag.
Reply/Quote
(10-09-2017, 09:57 AM)Au165 Wrote: On the interception he clocked the intended WR that the ball sailed over just by running to where the ball was going to be and instantly threw the hands up like "I didn't do anything". I was worried that was about to be a flag.

Yep, I'm still worried he's going to face a suspension for that hit. Right before the Pittsburgh game, of course  Whatever The league has two weeks to make a decision. Since it took them a week to suspend him for the hit on the KC player, it'll probably happen this coming Sunday.
Reply/Quote
(10-09-2017, 11:48 AM)Pat5775 Wrote: Yep, I'm still worried he's going to face a suspension for that hit. Right before the Pittsburgh game, of course  Whatever The league has two weeks to make a decision. Since it took them a week to suspend him for the hit on the KC player, it'll probably happen this coming Sunday.

How can they suspend him for that?  He just STOOD THERE and let the receiver hit him!
Reply/Quote
(10-09-2017, 11:50 AM)Tomkat Wrote: How can they suspend him for that?  He just STOOD THERE and let the receiver hit him!

Oh I agree! He did nothing wrong there... But the dude sailed when Burfict got there. But that's not Burfict's fault, as Marv said merely being touched by Burfict is like being hit by a truck. 

It definitely shouldn't have been a foul or result in a suspension, but will the league see it that way? They'll see yet another player de-cleated by Burfict, and we all know how that went last time. With the way they have Burfict under a microscope and him being the poster child for "dirty plays" (i.e. Hard hits) they want to cut back on... I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if he's faced with another suspension  Whatever
Reply/Quote
(10-09-2017, 11:48 AM)Pat5775 Wrote: Yep, I'm still worried he's going to face a suspension for that hit. Right before the Pittsburgh game, of course  Whatever The league has two weeks to make a decision. Since it took them a week to suspend him for the hit on the KC player, it'll probably happen this coming Sunday.

I don't think it'll result in anything, I was more so pointing out his awareness now that he has to be careful. 
Reply/Quote
(10-09-2017, 09:29 AM)Hoofhearted Wrote: I also seen him helping up the RBs quite a bit, which is probably another way of him building up a good rapport. 

Yep I noticed this as well.

To steal a line from the Netflix original , ‘Bloodline’, “hes not a bad person, he’s just done some bad things.”

Reply/Quote
This whole targeting thing needs a lot of cleaning up. I'm all for safety of the players, but this last Sunday I have seen some doozies! Is this not a reviewable offense? I didn't get to watch our game but I watched the Packers and Cowpluggers. Green Bay got screwed by a "targeting call" when they never hit the guy?? Bryant went down and acted like he got killed..
Reply/Quote
(10-09-2017, 02:59 PM)sandwedge Wrote: This whole targeting thing needs a lot of cleaning up. I'm all for safety of the players, but this last Sunday I have seen some doozies! Is this not a reviewable offense? I didn't get to watch our game but I watched the Packers and Cowpluggers. Green Bay got screwed by a "targeting call" when they never hit the guy?? Bryant went down and acted like he got killed..

Yeah there was one each way.  One against Green Bay in the beginning and one against Dallas towards the end.  Of course the single worst targeting call I've seen yet occurred in the Ohio State game Saturday.  That they reviewed and upheld it, is insane.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(10-09-2017, 03:07 PM)michaelsean Wrote: Yeah there was one each way.  One against Green Bay in the beginning and one against Dallas towards the end.  Of course the single worst targeting call I've seen yet occurred in the Ohio State game Saturday.  That they reviewed and upheld it, is insane.

Yeah, Ward was text book perfect with that hit. I didn't understand it either.
Reply/Quote
(10-09-2017, 02:59 PM)sandwedge Wrote: This whole targeting thing needs a lot of cleaning up. I'm all for safety of the players, but this last Sunday I have seen some doozies! Is this not a reviewable offense? I didn't get to watch our game but I watched the Packers and Cowpluggers. Green Bay got screwed by a "targeting call" when they never hit the guy?? Bryant went down and acted like he got killed..

Haha the whole NFL needs cleaning up. At least this year they seem less likely to throw phantom defensive holding auto first down flags...
Reply/Quote

The NFL is already taking heat over players kneeling. Fining Burfict post facto may enrage a bunch of Bengal fans to protest and join the Nov 12th boycott. ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote