Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Burfict at Middle Linebacker
It is my opinion this defense is better with Burfict in the middle. Any thoughts?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
Gets hurt too much to play mlb full time
Reply/Quote
I'm not sure yet but I agree he gets hurt a lot, hes out there trying to hit someone hard. But I have no idea why they wont put Evans out there,I think he could be our 2nd best linebacker we have.
Reply/Quote
(11-20-2017, 08:38 AM)Bronxbengal Wrote: It is my opinion this defense is better with Burfict in the middle.  Any thoughts?

Thoughts? I disagree. Burfict is nowhere near the player in the middle as he is on the outside. Even he, will tell you that. We're better with Minter in the middle and Burfict free on the outside to make plays.
Reply/Quote
(11-20-2017, 09:10 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Thoughts? I disagree. Burfict is nowhere near the player in the middle as he is on the outside. Even he, will tell you that. We're better with Minter in the middle and Burfict free on the outside to make plays.

Agreed
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
The middle LB basically eats a lot of blocks on the inside from the guards chipping and getting to the second level. Now Burfict, can shed those like most good MLB but playing on the backside he more opportunity to chase down things make plays easier.
Reply/Quote
(11-20-2017, 08:38 AM)Bronxbengal Wrote: It is my opinion this defense is better with Burfict in the middle.  Any thoughts?

I disagree.  The problem is, without Minter, the Bengals have no MLB and they have a handful of guys that are WILL backers.  

I always thought PJ Dawson was more of a middle backer, but he never got much of a shot.  Those damn practice habits, I guess...
Reply/Quote
Definitely think Burfict is better on the edge.
Reply/Quote
Was he on the outside or middle yesterday? He had his best game of the year.
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
There was a stat/article somewhere that Burfict is better on the outside..........which is where we need to keep him.......the problem is who plays MLBer?
"We have been sentenced to life in the prison that is a Bengals fan and we are going to serve out our time"
Reply/Quote
(11-20-2017, 10:21 AM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Was he on the outside or middle yesterday? He had his best game of the year.

middle once V Rey went down
Reply/Quote
(11-20-2017, 10:21 AM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Was he on the outside or middle yesterday? He had his best game of the year.

He started at Will, once VR got hurt he moved to the middle and Evans played Will.
Reply/Quote
I think if he had the chance to play MLB during TC and other offseason events, he could be a very good MLB. I was impressed he knew exactly that Denver was going to hit Thomas on a slant and he raced over there as soon as the ball was snapped. Thomas still caught the ball but got leveled by Burfict.
This would allow Evans to play Will and we'd have our 3 best LBers on the field!
Reply/Quote
(11-20-2017, 08:38 AM)Bronxbengal Wrote: It is my opinion this defense is better with Burfict in the middle. Any thoughts?

Against the run, absolutely. Against the pass, no way.
Reply/Quote
(11-20-2017, 09:10 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Thoughts? I disagree. Burfict is nowhere near the player in the middle as he is on the outside. Even he, will tell you that. We're better with Minter in the middle and Burfict free on the outside to make plays.

I concur.
This post brought to you by the Cincinnati Bengals. Proud leaders in squandering opportunity, since 1969.
Reply/Quote
(11-21-2017, 01:20 PM)sandwedge Wrote: I think if he had the chance to play MLB during TC and other offseason events, he could be a very good MLB.  I was impressed he knew exactly that Denver was going to hit Thomas on a slant and he raced over there as soon as the ball was snapped. Thomas still caught the ball but got leveled by Burfict.
This would allow Evans to play Will and we'd have our 3 best LBers on the field!

This nails it.  Burfict is a great linebacker wherever he plays, but he is probably the best option we have at MLB even with a healthy Minter.  Evans should be using this season to cut his teeth at WILL and be our backer of the future in nickel with Vigil.  We simply can't count on Burfict being there long term.  If he is, great, but they had better prepare for life without him.  

I just realized the stupidity of my post.  I apologize.  I forgot for a brief moment who is coaching this team.  
Reply/Quote
Burfict had his best games this year while playing SAM linebacker...coincidentally Vigil had his best games this year when playing WILL.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(11-22-2017, 10:03 AM)Synric Wrote: Burfict had his best games this year while playing SAM linebacker...coincidentally Vigil had his best games this year when playing WILL.

Vigil plays SAM....
Reply/Quote
(11-22-2017, 10:36 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Vigil plays SAM....

Actually for a stretch of games when Burfict came back and Minter was healthy, Burfict played alot of SAM and Vigil played WILL. Burficts best game this year (Buffalo) he was playing SAM.

PS: Coincidentally those games were Burfict and Vigil's best games this season.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(11-21-2017, 02:17 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Against the run, absolutely.  Against the pass, no way.

I agree. 

Although,' no way' is probably a bit much, I think against the run he's a great MLB...against the pass, hes probably better suited for the outside.
Reply/Quote