Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Burfict dropped 15 to 20 lbs.
Good ol' off-season tropes:

This just in...(PLAYER) has (gained/lost) (AMOUNT) pounds! This should make (PLAYER) much better at (WHAT PLAYER IS SUPPOSED TO DO)
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(07-27-2017, 07:08 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Good ol' off-season tropes:

This just in...(PLAYER) has (gained/lost) (AMOUNT) pounds!  This should make (PLAYER) much better at (WHAT PLAYER IS SUPPOSED TO DO)

Aw man, ain't nothin' wrong with a lil' preseason hype.  I mean, we all already know that Vontaze is a baaad man.  Even badder when he's lean, and you can't beat him to the edge..

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(07-27-2017, 07:15 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Aw man, ain't nothin' wrong with a lil' preseason hype.  I mean, we all already know that Vontaze is a baaad man.  Even badder when he's lean, and you can't beat him to the edge..

True enough.  I'm just waiting to hear more about (PLAYER) has been working with (HAS-BEEN PLAYER) during the off-season and his mechanics are better than ever!
Reply/Quote

This just in...(PLAYER) has (gained/lost) (AMOUNT) pounds!  This should make (PLAYER) much better at (WHAT PLAYER IS SUPPOSED TO DO)

Dude was good when he was a fat man in a little suit.

You saying him being fit won't help Nately? Mellow
Reply/Quote
(07-27-2017, 07:21 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Dude was good when he was a fat man in a little suit.

You saying him being fit won't help Nately? Mellow

I just said I love off-season tropes, damn it!  
Reply/Quote
(07-27-2017, 07:20 PM)Nately120 Wrote: True enough.  I'm just waiting to hear more about (PLAYER) has been working with (HAS-BEEN PLAYER) during the off-season and his mechanics are better than ever!

I sure would love it even more if ole Anthony Munoz or Willie Anderson was working with Ogbuehi this Offseason...

(07-27-2017, 08:16 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I just said I love off-season tropes, damn it!  

Me too damn it!
Reply/Quote
Ready to watch Burfict scare the living the shit out of Brown, Bell, and Ben for yet another year!
Reply/Quote
(07-27-2017, 07:20 PM)Nately120 Wrote: True enough.  I'm just waiting to hear more about (PLAYER) has been working with (HAS-BEEN PLAYER) during the off-season and his mechanics are better than ever!

Well, that would be Obguehi.  He went and took some butt whoopins' at a MMA camp, spent some time with an old timer, and now he's magically going to be a great football player.  Mellow

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(07-27-2017, 08:59 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Well, that would be Obguehi.  He went and took some butt whoopins' at a MMA camp, spent some time with an old timer, and now he's magically going to be a great football player.  Mellow

Nice.  I need to spend some time this off-season training with one of you optimistic nuts so I can magically be a homer in 2017!  
Reply/Quote
(07-27-2017, 09:01 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Nice.  I need to spend some time this off-season training with one of you optimistic nuts so I can magically be a homer in 2017!  

Pick someone else.  All I do is pick up heavy things, and sometimes carry them as fast as I can.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(07-27-2017, 01:40 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Whatever Burfict has been doing to date has worked. I can see where shedding a few pounds could be beneficial to his knee.
I am pretty sure he donated the weight he lost to Fisher.
Reply/Quote
I think he cut back on the 12 oz. curl sessions with Maualuga.
“I’m Pacman Jones n****, what the [expletive] I got on me?”
Reply/Quote

It is cool you hate positive or don't want any part of any positive hype. There are plenty of haters like Harrison to read his yearly trashing of our Bengals if you tend to buy into the negatives.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(07-27-2017, 09:03 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Pick someone else.  All I do is pick up heavy things, and sometimes carry them as fast as I can.

But power lifting is the best way to train!
Reply/Quote
(07-27-2017, 12:41 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I think the affect of Burfict's weight was greatly exaggerated. He still had an amazing year. The problems were elsewhere.

That said, it can't hurt to be in tip top shape.

Burfict was out of shape or overweight last year.

Most likely due to the long recovery process of his leg.   if I had to guess.

This might be the best shape hes been in since hes been here.   I'm looking forward to the season Lets extend him now...
Reply/Quote
(07-27-2017, 12:41 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I think the affect of Burfict's weight was greatly exaggerated. He still had an amazing year. The problems were elsewhere.

That said, it can't hurt to be in tip top shape.

You need to rewatch the first couple games after he got back from suspension. Noticably slower and bigger than normal. He did had that 10 tackle game against Dallas in his second week back, but they were not playmaking tackles. Their RBs combined for 21 carries, 167 yards that game.

Seriously, go back and watch his first and second games of the season, then his first couple games after the bye week. Watch the difference.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(07-28-2017, 01:26 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: You need to rewatch the first couple games after he got back from suspension. Noticably slower and bigger than normal. He did had that 10 tackle game against Dallas in his second week back, but they were not playmaking tackles. Their RBs combined for 21 carries, 167 yards that game.

Seriously, go back and watch his first and second games of the season, then his first couple games after the bye week. Watch the difference.

I agree, i definately noticed the difference.

Plus our Linebackers as a whole were out of position a lot last year. Whether that was on Haslett or what i don't know.

That Dallas game was embarassing.

Glad this got much better after the bye week.
Reply/Quote
I love it because you need to be versatile as a linebacker and mobile these days and can't just rely on brute strength.

Our division is one of defense and one that used to be a ground-and-pound division, but, if you look at the last few years, Baltimore and Cleveland have been near the bottom of the league in rushing attempts and Pittsburgh has been middle-of-the pack or slightly below (but leave it to Marvin to not adapt and keep us in the top ten, even with all of our weapons).

Burfict being in better shape is flat-out scary! He'll be able to get to the quarterback better on blitzes and be better in pass coverage. I wouldn't be surprised to see 5 picks and 5 sacks!

Can't wait to see Burfict on defense looking like a lion ready to pounce!
Reply/Quote
(07-28-2017, 01:52 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: I love it because you need to be versatile as a linebacker and mobile these days and can't just rely on brute strength.

Our division is one of defense and one that used to be a ground-and-pound division, but, if you look at the last few years, Baltimore and Cleveland have been near the bottom of the league in rushing attempts and Pittsburgh has been middle-of-the pack or slightly below (but leave it to Marvin to not adapt and keep us in the top ten, even with all of our weapons).

Burfict being in better shape is flat-out scary!  He'll be able to get to the quarterback better on blitzes and be better in pass coverage.  I wouldn't be surprised to see 5 picks and 5 sacks!

Can't wait to see Burfict on defense looking like a lion ready to pounce!

Burfict is a really good blitzer, i could definately see 5 sacks and 5 picks this year for him.

Probably cause a few fumbles as well.

This is actually relatively conservative with the dude in the best shape of his life and in his prime.

Which is why i would pay the man now before he really takes over the league.
Reply/Quote
(07-28-2017, 02:06 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Burfict is a really good blitzer, i could definately see 5 sacks and 5 picks this year for him.

Probably cause a few fumbles as well.

This is actually relatively conservative with the dude in the best shape of his life and in his prime.

Which is why i would pay the man now before he really takes over the league.

Burfict doesn't seem like the kind of guy that will demand big money just because of his personality.  Of course, money talks and he could flip and call for huge money because everyone wants money, but maybe he'll see how we took a chance on him and he'll give us a discount.  

Outside backers seem to be making more than inside backers these days, and I think he'll get a nice contract, but I really don't see too many teams throwing huge cash at him just because of his on-field antics (even though he's cut back on those) and play like the hit on Antonio Brown to cost us the playoff game (I know that really Hill's fumble is what cost us it, but then Burfict was a victim of circumstance and everyone remembers that more).

Our d looks young and explosive and I could see a big year out of Burfict   ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote