Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Burfict facing league discipline
Will it be a fine or suspension?

Big deal being made about low hit on Bennett. NFL currently reviewing. Punishment of some sort coming per sources on Twitter this morning.

He should know he can't do anything, but it's pretty lame the League is "investigating" this as we speak and have already stated something is coming.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
It should be a fine only based on the NFL and how they have handled these situations before with other players. Lord knows how the NFL hates us though...
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
no issue with any other player

Burfict needs to understand tha he is not any other player.

what is wrong with coaching to not get this through his head.

Do you think Zimmer would let Burfict get away with this stupidity.
Reply/Quote
Can't go high so he went low. I'll admit it looked pretty dirty, but this is what the NFL gets.
[Image: 85d8232ebbf088d606250ddec1641e7b.jpg]
Reply/Quote
I evidently missed this hit. Someone have a gif?
Reply/Quote
(10-17-2016, 10:40 AM)I\m Sled21 Wrote: I evidently missed this hit. Someone have a gif?

Don't know how to post gif but here is a link to Twitter

https://mobile.twitter.com/WAD1980/status/787737396309655552/video/1
Reply/Quote
Honestly, it was a dirty play.

Sure, you can't "hit high", meaning like, in the head. However, this was dirty.
Reply/Quote
This is disappointing and irritating, ESPECIALLY after he said he was done with that stuff.

If this guy wasn't the intelligent, you could blame ignorance, but everyone that knows him says that's not the case.
Reply/Quote
Meh, Brady pump faked to Bennett, drew the coverage to him with Jones and Burfict, 55 goes to make a sure tackle.  Look, if he hadn't come right out and said he was going to hit low this year to avoid penalties for hitting high, I would have issue with it.  He did exactly as he said he would before the season even started, even met with Goddell, and now they're looking at discipline for it?  

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
two game suspension coming up
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
I find it quite comical that Gronkowski wants to play tough guy talking trash to cornerbacks he outweighs by 100 lbs. He wanted nothing to do with Burfict....
Reply/Quote
The over-reaction is strong on twitter. Donte Stallworth and all them saying he should be kicked out of the league, etc.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
Reply/Quote
(10-17-2016, 11:17 AM)Sled21 Wrote: I find it quite comical that Gronkowski wants to play tough guy talking trash to cornerbacks he outweighs by 100 lbs. He wanted nothing to do with Burfict....

Or the fact that they do not want a defender to touch, push, or tackle a guy unless you do so within 100 different rulesets.  
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
Reply/Quote
(10-17-2016, 11:25 AM)Hoofhearted Wrote: The over-reaction is strong on twitter. Donte Stallworth and all them saying he should be kicked out of the league, etc.
Dante Stallworth should still be in the joint for killing a guy... So he can shut the **** up.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
We can sit here and speculate all we want on intention. It was a dirty hit. Period. Given Burfict's history, don't be shocked if he's suspended. However, sounds like the rumors on Twitter say it's going to be a record-breaking fine, not a suspension. If it's the latter, we can't be upset though.
Reply/Quote
They just need to change it to Flag Football and be done with it.
Reply/Quote
I think he thought the pass was going to Bennett and lower his head for the tackle. At least that's what it looked like to me, otherwise it was dirty as hell.
Reply/Quote
(10-17-2016, 11:35 AM)Daddy-O Wrote: I think he thought the pass was going to Bennett and lower his head for the tackle.  At least that's what it looked like to me, otherwise it was dirty as hell.

It was.....these vines don't show the hard pump fake Brady sold to Bennett.....why does no one mention that Pacman was there as well?  Why was Pacman there too?  Why, they bit the fake.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
It doesn't matter. A non-dirty hit would've been to the shoulder or the chest. The issue isn't him going for the fake or tackling a potential ball-catcher, it's HOW he hit him.
Reply/Quote
Martellus Bennett is one of the league's biggest shit-talkers and "tough guys". Now he's whining like a little *****.
Reply/Quote