Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
AJ Green's top 5 toughest CB's
Interesting piece from AJ. I could have predicted 4/5 but Janoris Jenkins being on the list was a suprise. Guess I just haven't seen that much of him. 

https://www.theplayerstribune.com/aj-green-5-best-cornerbacks-nfl/amp/
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
Jenkins was definitely the most surprising. Great write up by AJ though. I figured Pat P and Sherman would be on there. Funny Josh Norman wasn't after he took him to school last year.

[Image: tumblr_nmz43uky8c1rtim7ko1_500.gif]

Feel free to support my Film/TV Review YouTube Channel  - Youtube.Com/NaterTot
Reply/Quote
Thanks for sharing. Lots of good insight into how these guys think and see the game. Things that never occurred to me. AJs one smart dude.
Reply/Quote
(09-08-2017, 04:08 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Interesting piece from AJ. I could have predicted 4/5 but Janoris Jenkins being on the list was a suprise. Guess I just haven't seen that much of him. 

This pretty much translated to - "Any CB that can press me at the line" + Janoris
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
I was reading some other articles on that site once I saw AJ's and everyone was well written and compliments other players on other teams. Then....I read Ryan Shazier's report and it was complete trash. Picks out guys on his team for "toughest guys I've played against" and just slobs on the know of Bell and Brown. Only article I saw where a player placed their own players on the list. Typical steeler move.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(09-08-2017, 04:08 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Interesting piece from AJ. I could have predicted 4/5 but Janoris Jenkins being on the list was a suprise. Guess I just haven't seen that much of him. 

Not surprised at all by Janoris.

Remember, he pretty much shut AJ down when he was at Florida.  That was the main reason a lot of people really wanted us to draft him even with the off the field stuff.
Reply/Quote
(09-08-2017, 04:38 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: Not surprised at all by Janoris.

Remember, he pretty much shut AJ down when he was at Florida.  That was the main reason a lot of people really wanted us to draft him even with the off the field stuff.

I was one that wanted Janoris, but I cannot fault the team for taking Dre. The CB I really liked in that draft was Casey Hayward. We coulda had him instead of Devon Still. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(09-08-2017, 04:32 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: I was reading some other articles on that site once I saw AJ's and everyone was well written and compliments other players on other teams. Then....I read Ryan Shazier's report and it was complete trash. Picks out guys on his team for "toughest guys I've played against" and just slobs on the know of Bell and Brown. Only article I saw where a player placed their own players on the list. Typical steeler move.

LOL. I know right? Completely douchtastic, but not a bit surprising. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(09-08-2017, 10:07 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I was one that wanted Janoris, but I cannot fault the team for taking Dre. The CB I really liked in that draft was Casey Hayward. We coulda had him instead of Devon Still. 

I wanted him as well.  I'm still a little sore about that draft.  Passing on DeCastro really chapped my ass.
Reply/Quote