Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Burfict facing suspension
He blind sided the guy on a block but at the angle he took it was a clean hit with no flag...NFL is really reaching here...
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
It has to be the first quarter, found it on you tube 28 seconds in.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=udOvrbY-TxA
Reply/Quote
(08-28-2017, 12:26 AM)Socal Bengals fan Wrote: Burfict potential defensive mvp candidate - NFL cant let that happen.   Total bullshit

Don't know about an MVP candidate but you're right.  There is a segment within the league office that wants this guy essentially out of the league, and will look for anything resembling a "step-over-the-line" infraction to nail him with.  It's blatant, and it's wrong.
Reply/Quote
They'll make this stick. They are not checked and can do whatever the hell they want.
Reply/Quote
In his defense Smith pump faked to him, he thought the ball was going to him so he lowered his head and hit him.
Reply/Quote
(08-28-2017, 12:33 AM)TKUHL Wrote: It has to be the first quarter, found it on you tube 28 seconds in.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=udOvrbY-TxA

Yep, this is the one.
Reply/Quote
I can't recall how they can arbitrate this nonsense. Is Godell still all powerful or if a 3rd party can point out the validity of the hit does it mean anything?
Reply/Quote
(08-28-2017, 12:35 AM)PikesPeakUC Wrote: Yep, this is the one.

I remember seeing that hit, no flag. didnt think much of it. But like i said Smith did pump fake to him.
Reply/Quote
(08-28-2017, 12:35 AM)PikesPeakUC Wrote: Yep, this is the one.

Damn it Burfict  Bang Head
Reply/Quote
He did lay him out, but it gets blurry and hard to see where his helmet hit when it happens. Sounds like helmet to helmet.
Reply/Quote
Here's the hit...

Reply/Quote
here is the vid of the hit.

I dont know. 5 games seems harsh, but wtf was he thinking.

https://twitter.com/MySportsUpdate/status/902003544122937344/video/1
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
It's time Mikey and the rest of the ownership stood up to the league office. Publicly call them out on their anti-Bengals bias over the years and show film examples of FAR worse hits (like Shazier spearing Gio) that were winked at and publicly call for the immediate replacement of Roger Goodell. Announce you've hired investigators to look into the Commissioner and also any and all officials who have made questionable calls against the Bengals in the past with an eye to establishing bribery and/or sports betting abuses.

Is it kind of psycho? Yup. But the point is to present the league a choice - remove the bias or the Bengals will make their goal the destruction of the NFL.
Reply/Quote
They've been waiting for him to do something. I think he's screwed.
Reply/Quote
(08-28-2017, 12:39 AM)TKUHL Wrote: He did lay him out, but it gets blurry and hard to see where his helmet hit when it happens. Sounds like helmet to helmet.

Completely unnecessary. He has to know he's going to be under a microscope for the rest of his life? Wtf was he thinking, man? Bang Head Bang Head Bang Head 
Reply/Quote
(08-28-2017, 12:40 AM)Bengalholic Wrote: Here's the hit...
I need to learn how to bring over imbedded twitter vids like that. Last piece to the puzzle for ruling the internet.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
Whose gonna suspend the NFL for targeting a player below the belt?
Reply/Quote
(08-28-2017, 12:40 AM)TKUHL Wrote: They've been waiting for him to do something. I think he's screwed.

Definitely. I'll consider it lucky if they only give him 5 games. 
Reply/Quote
(08-28-2017, 12:23 AM)BSJR Wrote: Was disappointed watching the KC game I'm not sure any of the Bengals hit anybody.

[Image: 891f9ee33524dcff9fdda13d55eb4e41.jpg]
Reply/Quote
I dunno. I see him leading with his shoulder. Uneccessary, but not helmet-to-helmet.
Reply/Quote