Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Burfict facing suspension
We might as well let Burfict walk after this season. The guy isn't even allowed to hit anyone.
[Image: Untitleddfcopycopycopycopy_zps872b23c3.png]
Reply/Quote
The film makes the league look even worse. The Bengals statement that it was shoulder to chest and also no blindsiding is completely correct.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Well shit, a LB in the first would have been nice right about now. He does some stupid shit, and ive seen him drill people away from the play with his helmet a lot, but i swear Smith pump fakes his way and i dont see Burfict looking back up at the QB, maybe he really thought the ball was going his way.
Reply/Quote
(08-28-2017, 12:43 AM)samhain Wrote: I dunno.  I see him leading with his shoulder.  Uneccessary, but not helmet-to-helmet.

It's Burfict. The league office will see it as him impaling the guy with a katana.  
Reply/Quote
(08-28-2017, 12:44 AM)Joelist Wrote: The film makes the league look even worse. The Bengals statement that it was shoulder to chest and also no blindsiding is completely correct.

I see zero helmet contact.  I watched it 20x.
Reply/Quote
Here we go! The preferential treatment and suspect NFL shenanigans!

8-8 is starting to look like a mountain.
Reply/Quote
(08-28-2017, 12:43 AM)samhain Wrote: I dunno.  I see him leading with his shoulder.  Uneccessary, but not helmet-to-helmet.

Shoulder to helmet of a defenseless receiver, especially one that was just running a simple crossing route. And the ball wasnt even thrown at him. 

Pretty obvious, and pretty dumb. Im guessing it was a revenge hit for something. Or just simply he just doesnt give a fook.

edit..probably more like shoulder to neck area
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
(08-28-2017, 12:46 AM)samhain Wrote: I see zero helmet contact.  I watched it 20x.

Burfict has a target on his back AND he's not a Steeler, Patriot, or Packer, just to name a few!

This is an example of the BS shenanigans the NFL pulls.  
Reply/Quote
Reply/Quote
Wouldn't be surprised if Pitt hired someone to just look at every play Burfict makes for something like this. I think he really thought the ball was coming his way, but it doesn't matter. He has got to play smarter than that knowing there's a target on his back. I don't like what football has become, and this would have just been a typical Pittsburg "physical" play in the past but at some point it is what it is. We may just have to accept the fact that he is an idiot. There was another play in that game where he layed a guy out on the other side of the field after the play.
Reply/Quote
**** Godell, seriously **** that guy in his ass. May he just drop dead from Aids. It is ***** football, not a head shot or a leg shot...this is bush league bullshit. **** the NFL if he gets suspended at all on this play.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
Here's the problem, 
The NFL said it was illegal and the NFL is not going to say they are wrong so Burfict will be suspended.

I do believe this may be the straw that breaks the camels back for me. The league has their favorites and the league does what it can to make sure those favorites have the advantage.
Reply/Quote
(08-28-2017, 12:20 AM)TKUHL Wrote: If true and suspended, I know Im jumping the gun, but if true, what do you do next year?  He seems to get hurt alot, mostly hurts himself, every play of his will be under a microscope for the week. Not knocking the guy, Hes an awesome player, maybe a decade too late, but if the game is getting to the point where he cant adjust and play to the leagues standards what do you do.

Well said. This may be their only option.
Reply/Quote
(08-28-2017, 12:55 AM)Bengalholic Wrote:

They also forgot to tag that statement with:

P.S.
We are also aware that we are not the Pittsburgh Steelers so we understand we are Class-A fu*ked, but yeah.
Reply/Quote
Makes it more difficult to watch the NFL, if you aren't one of the favored few you will get screwed.
Reply/Quote
(08-28-2017, 01:00 AM)Nebuchadnezzar Wrote: Here's the problem, 
The NFL said it was illegal and the NFL is not going to say they are wrong so Burfict will be suspended.

I do believe this may be the straw that breaks the camels back for me. The league has their favorites and the league does what it can to make sure those favorites have the advantage.

I already detailed above how to put a stop to this nonsense. But it takes backbone and the ability to make as threat and carry it out. 

If Mikey, Katie and Troy called an emergency meeting and flat out state that unless the suspension goes away AND the bias issue is addressed they will VERY publicly call out the league on its integrity issues and hire investigators to look into not only Goodell but every ref involved with every questionable call they can find that went against the Bengals for the last ten years. State that they will make it their mission to bring down the league and personally bring down Goodell. And give them 24 hours to comply. 

Do that and the owners would panic and the suspension would disappear.
Reply/Quote
the new adjusted rule
http://operations.nfl.com/the-rules/2017-rules-changes-and-points-of-emphasis/

"Give a receiver running a pass route defenseless player protection when a defender approaches from behind or the side. The change prohibits forcible contact to the head or neck area or with the crown of the helmet. Once the receiver becomes a blocker, or assumes a blocking posture, he no longer has defenseless player protection."

however in the rulebook it states:

"ARTICLE 7. PLAYERS IN A DEFENSELESS POSTURE
It is a foul if a player initiates unnecessary contact against a player who is in a defenseless posture.

Players in a defenseless posture are:
A player in the act of or just after throwing a pass (passing posture)
A receiver running a pass route when the defender approaches from the side or behind. If the receiver becomes a blocker or assumes a blocking posture, he is no longer a defenseless player." - rule 12.2.7

http://operations.nfl.com/the-rules/2017-nfl-rulebook/#article-7.-players-in-a-defenseless-posture
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
i know it happened a couple years ago at this point, but watching Shazier spear Gio in the face mask, knock him unconscious, then pick up the loose ball, all while CBS and the NFL explained to us why it was a legal hit for a full week afterward, really sucked. Having experienced that though, to now have Burfict suspended for that hit in a week 2 preseason game, seems like a complete joke and a giant middle finger to Cincinnati fans from the league front office.

It's pretty frustrating to have fans of other teams tell us to suck it up when one of our players gets injured by a "legal" hit that wasn't flagged, and then have the league turn around and suspend a player on a play that wasn't flagged and didn't injure someone (as far as I know). Just feels wrong.
Reply/Quote
Now look at the video with that rule in mind. There is ZERO contact with either the head or heck and ZERO use of the helmet. At that point the play becomes 100% legal.
Reply/Quote
That is a perfectly legal hit on any level of football. I saw a similar, if not more brutal, hit in a high school football game Friday night..... No flag, no ejection, happened right in front of ref, the crowd let out an audible Ohhhhh! Why does the NFL suck at this.
Reply/Quote