Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Burfict facing suspension
What a joke.

F off NFL.... how can anyone be suspended over a new rule in the preseason.
Reply/Quote
(08-28-2017, 12:40 AM)Joelist Wrote: It's time Mikey and the rest of the ownership stood up to the league office. Publicly call them out on their anti-Bengals bias over the years and show film examples of FAR worse hits (like Shazier spearing Gio) that were winked at and publicly call for the immediate replacement of Roger Goodell. Announce you've hired investigators to look into the Commissioner and also any and all officials who have made questionable calls against the Bengals in the past with an eye to establishing bribery and/or sports betting abuses.

Is it kind of psycho? Yup. But the point is to present the league a choice - remove the bias or the Bengals will make their goal the destruction of the NFL.

Sadly, I agree with this. I saw the play live and thought Burfict welcomed #33 to the NFL. It looked clean to me and he didn't spear him or hit him in the helmet. This really is a trumped up charge. Reminds me of "Fake" news.
Reply/Quote
(08-28-2017, 01:14 AM)Joelist Wrote: Now look at the video with that rule in mind. There is ZERO contact with either the head or heck and ZERO use of the helmet. At that point the play becomes 100% legal.

Need a more clear video of it, or a different angle. I dont think it was shoulder to helmet after all, but I can't rule out shoulder to neck area myself. Just too fuzzy to see for sure. And if they consider the neck area above the numbers on the jersey, then it was the neck area probably.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I would like to see the film from all the other preseason games thus far and see similar types of hits, I bet there are a few at least. Are any of those players getting suspended? That should make this a very easy case to plead on the appeal process if there's evidence out there.
Confucius say, he who go to bed with itchy butt wake up with smelly finger.
Reply/Quote
What a joke. Absolutely nothing illegal about that hit.
[Image: hFcJI4.png]
Reply/Quote
Both videos linked here are crystal clear - Burflict did not use his helmet and neither the head nor neck were impacted. Hence 100% legal.

This REALLY is a case where the Bengals need to put it to the jury of public opinion and not let the league office rule and accept it like spineless jellyfish.
Reply/Quote
(08-28-2017, 01:16 AM)Gamma Ray Tan Wrote: That is a perfectly legal hit on any level of football. I saw a similar, if not more brutal, hit in a high school football game Friday night..... No flag, no ejection, happened right in front of ref, the crowd let out an audible Ohhhhh! Why does the NFL suck at this.

Because we have a whole generation of p*&sys growing up and this is just too violent. We can have a fight like last night with 2 guys beating the shit out of each other, oh and bet like hell on the fight. But now there are doctors out there that are actually wanting the justice system to start allowing charges to be brought up against parents who let their kids play football. I just hope we win a SB before its banned. Being flag football Champions just dosent do it for me, but thats the direction this country is going. Its freakin football, they wear more protection than any sport and yet its becoming the softest.
Reply/Quote
Goodbye season
[Image: 83-A0733-D-167-F-44-AB-9994-4-BE98-E6-E353-B.webp]
Reply/Quote
In the worse case scenario where the appeal is denied and the Bengals chicken out of going nuclear on the NFL we need a competent OLB to take Tez's spot. Vincent Rey is garbage so I think I'd actually have Jordan Evans in there.
Reply/Quote
(08-28-2017, 12:35 AM)TKUHL Wrote: In his defense Smith pump faked to him, he thought the ball was going to him so he lowered his head and hit him.

When I first saw it, I thought it was dirty and we were definitely screwed.

Upon further review, he does kind of pump fake to him, but the ball is already over his head when he makes contact.

I don't know...... it will be tough to argue that he wasn't just picking on a defenseless guy, and I could see it maybe getting reduced, but five games is a lot to just say "ok, we saw enough to erase THE ENTIRE suspension."
Reply/Quote
(08-28-2017, 02:19 AM)Joelist Wrote: In the worse case scenario where the appeal is denied and the Bengals chicken out of going nuclear on the NFL we need a competent OLB to take Tez's spot. Vincent Rey is garbage so I think I'd actually have Jordan Evans in there.

Might as well see what he can do. This pretty much cements cements Rey on the roster though. Or move Vigil and Minter around and start Lawson.
Reply/Quote
(08-28-2017, 02:22 AM)BFritz21 Wrote: When I first saw it, I thought it was dirty and we were definitely screwed.

Upon further review, he does kind of pump fake to him, but the ball is already over his head when he makes contact.

I don't know...... it will be tough to argue that he wasn't just picking on a defenseless guy, and I could see it maybe getting reduced, but five games is a lot to just say "ok, we saw enough to erase THE ENTIRE suspension."

They are going to make an example out of him before the season starts. Who better for the league to do so than Burfict. He is one of if not the most hated player in football right now. We are screwed. There's always something with this damn team. If we don't shoot ourself, its injuries, if we stay healthy it's this. Guess this kinda falls under shooting ourself in he foot but damn. Just disgusted.
Reply/Quote
Let me get this straight....Huber gets his jaw broken, Gio about gets decapitated "Crickets" Tez makes what looks to me like a clean hit on a fullback, not a quarterback or a receiver, a big fullback and the NFL loses it's shit. I'm about done; I've been a fan of the Bengals and the NFL since 1978. With players not standing for the National Anthem and the league showing clear bias for certain teams and players I've about had it. I hope the front office shows some backbone and stands up to the league, not sure what if anything they can do, but I would try to think of something.
Reply/Quote
(08-28-2017, 02:41 AM)BrownAssClown Wrote: Let me get this straight....Huber gets his jaw broken, Gio about gets decapitated "Crickets" Tez makes what looks to me like a clean hit on a fullback, not a quarterback or a receiver, a big fullback and the NFL loses it's shit. I'm about done; I've been a fan of the Bengals and the NFL since 1978. With players not standing for the National Anthem and the league showing clear bias for certain teams and players I've about had it. I hope the front office shows some backbone and stands up to the league, not sure what if anything they can do, but I would try to think of something.

I agree, and upthread even detailed what they could do and it would damage the league badly. 
Reply/Quote
Funny how their going to be strict with this new rule in a pre season game but the year the RB rule came out Shazier does the exact hit on Bernard that was to be illegal and it's just good ole physical Steeler football. NFL are freakin hypocrites.
Reply/Quote
I'm starting to understand why some people say they like football, but not the NFL... Too much money changing hands. Its been pretty evident in the decision making process for years now.
Reply/Quote
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XIO1bDFJ4PE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WP4JfqHDlps

The NFL can kiss my ass.
Reply/Quote
Ahhhhhh Remember when this was just hard hitting football. Notice how Pitt drills this guy in the helmet ( not sure if it was legal then ) and they get the turnover also, no flag just like with Bernard. Every team had a Burfict.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mkMAYWSNzFM
Reply/Quote
This one is better. Pretty good sound track too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oID2plaa2Y8
Reply/Quote
This is how it works:

TEAMS ALLOWED TO MAKE THAT HIT

PITTSBURGH
NEW ENGLAND
SEATTLE
CAROLINA
ATLANTA
ARIZONA
TAMPA BAY
NEW YORK GIANTS