Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Burfict fined $112K for hits on Steelers
(10-21-2018, 03:55 PM)Bengalitis Wrote: He could be the first NFL player and Bengal player to be indebted financially permanently to the NFL for hits alone if he keeps up the hits for every game. hahahahahaha  Muahaha Muahaha Muahaha  

Considering he did it vs the squeelers, it is well worth it.  Clapping Clapping Clapping 

All joking aside.  I'm a huge fan and proponent of The Super Destroyer 55, but I'm also a lifelong fan of the Bengals.  With that said, at what point do we now begin to wonder if it might have been a good idea to entertain the Raiders offer, when they wanted to make a deal for VB?  At this point, after the league's written warning to VB, the writing is on the wall.  They're looking to remove him, altogether.  The team would be completely screwed, if VB were sat for the remainder of the season.  There is no way that they could find anyone to even remotely begin to fill his shoes, if we lost him for the rest of the year.

Like I mentioned in a previous post, I feel like he is being unfairly targeted and punished.  If the plays in question weren't enough to draw a flag from the officials on the scene, then why so harsh a punishment and warning?  I saw plenty of Steeler OL attempting to take knees of defenders, yet I read nothing about any of them receiving fines.  If rules apply and are to be taken seriously, then they need to apply to all and be enforced evenly for all, not just "whomever we have our sights set on".
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(10-21-2018, 02:42 PM)N_B Wrote: Goofy?  The guy inherited a team from his father.  Have the city one of the worst professional sports records in any of the four major sports in the 90s.  Hasn’t won one playoff game while owning the team.  Only started winning when he reliquinshed some control to his daughter and Marvin.

You support anything Mike brown has done?  What are his accomplishments besides being born in home plate and somehow winding up with a triple?  Is your head in the sand?

Mike Brown nepotism and records aside, it's the right call for the guy to throw his weight around and call BS on this whole thing.  Piggy has blatantly dove at players's legs before with zero repercussion.  There's this dude who literally raped the shit out of women roaming around, a HC who literally tells his players to spear the shit out of other players and hit them in the chinstrap, and a bunch of roided out ***** idiots in Pittsburgh who just get away with anything that they want because their team generates a lot of revenue sharing income for the league.  Billionaires tend to have a sort of creepy class loyalty toward each other, as well as a creepy disregard for anything that isn't good for the bottom line.  I applaud MB for sticking up for one of his players, even if it isn't what the average bandwagoning idiot NFL fan guy wants to hear.
Reply/Quote
(10-21-2018, 04:21 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: All joking aside.  I'm a huge fan and proponent of The Super Destroyer 55, but I'm also a lifelong fan of the Bengals.  With that said, at what point do we now begin to wonder if it might have been a good idea to entertain the Raiders offer, when they wanted to make a deal for VB?  At this point, after the league's written warning to VB, the writing is on the wall.  They're looking to remove him, altogether.  The team would be completely screwed, if VB were sat for the remainder of the season.  There is no way that they could find anyone to even remotely begin to fill his shoes, if we lost him for the rest of the year.

Like I mentioned in a previous post, I feel like he is being unfairly targeted and punished.  If the plays in question weren't enough to draw a flag from the officials on the scene, then why so harsh a punishment and warning?  I saw plenty of Steeler OL attempting to take knees of defenders, yet I read nothing about any of them receiving fines.  If rules apply and are to be taken seriously, then they need to apply to all and be enforced evenly for all, not just "whomever we have our sights set on".

How much is he worth on the market now, I wonder? A dollar maybe? If Mike Brown isn't on the horn to the other owners regarding Goodell's continued BS, then he needs suspending. Run the damn league without bias, or get out and get someone else that will. This has gone on way too long.
Some say you can place your ear next to his, and hear the ocean ....

[Image: 6QSgU8D.gif?1]
Reply/Quote
(10-21-2018, 04:21 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: All joking aside.  I'm a huge fan and proponent of The Super Destroyer 55, but I'm also a lifelong fan of the Bengals.  With that said, at what point do we now begin to wonder if it might have been a good idea to entertain the Raiders offer, when they wanted to make a deal for VB?  At this point, after the league's written warning to VB, the writing is on the wall.  They're looking to remove him, altogether.  The team would be completely screwed, if VB were sat for the remainder of the season.  There is no way that they could find anyone to even remotely begin to fill his shoes, if we lost him for the rest of the year.

Most definitely ! 

They'er hyper analysing every tackle he makes, every step he takes, every move he makes. Mike Mitchell and Ryan Shazier speared two players apiece every game they played and they received nowhere near the attention, vitriol, hate and fines Burfict has.

Yes Burfict twisted Cam Newtons ankle after a play but that was what four years ago ?

Burfict has a giant target painted on his back and it's absolutely unfair.
Reply/Quote
I for one am glad to see MB stuck up for his players. History should matter when determine punishment not in determining a violation.

And we now know the Steelers and idiot sports media (all of whom I picture looking and sounding like Skip Bayless) have the ability to sway Goodell.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(10-21-2018, 07:13 PM)michaelsean Wrote: I for one am glad to see MB stuck up for his players. History should matter when determine punishment not in determining a violation.

And we now know the Steelers and idiot sports media (all of whom I picture looking and sounding like Skip Bayless) have the ability to sway Goodell.

Same here, but I believe Mike Brown and the Rooney family are on opposite ends of the spectrum as far as having Goodell's ear.

I've heard that Mike is kind of an outcast among the owners, so he may as well be talking to a wall.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(10-21-2018, 07:19 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Same here, but I believe Mike Brown and the Rooney family are on opposite ends of the spectrum as far as having Goodell's ear.

I've heard that Mike is kind of an outcast among the owners, so he may as well be talking to a wall.

You're on to something, I believe. Mike hardly keeps anyone riveted to his message. Just makes being a Bengals fan all the more 'special', not that I plan on changing. 
Some say you can place your ear next to his, and hear the ocean ....

[Image: 6QSgU8D.gif?1]
Reply/Quote
(10-21-2018, 06:35 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Most definitely ! 

They'er hyper analysing every tackle he makes, every step he takes, every move he makes. Mike Mitchell and Ryan Shazier speared two players apiece every game they played and they received nowhere near the attention, vitriol, hate and fines Burfict has.

Yes Burfict twisted Cam Newtons ankle after a play but that was what four years ago ?

Burfict has a giant target painted on his back and it's absolutely unfair.

That's kind of catchy.  Sort of reminds me of a tune from around 1982.  Ninja

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(10-21-2018, 07:57 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: That's kind of catchy.  Sort of reminds me of a tune from around 1982.  Ninja

Goodell's watching you
Reply/Quote
(10-21-2018, 08:22 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Goodell's watching you

LOL

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote