Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Burfict fined $112K for hits on Steelers
(10-21-2018, 02:42 PM)N_B Wrote: Goofy?  The guy inherited a team from his father.  Have the city one of the worst professional sports records in any of the four major sports in the 90s.  Hasn’t won one playoff game while owning the team.  Only started winning when he reliquinshed some control to his daughter and Marvin.

You support anything Mike brown has done?  What are his accomplishments besides being born in home plate and somehow winding up with a triple?  Is your head in the sand?

Mike Brown, blah, blah, blah.  You think I haven't heard all this a billion times before?  Wake me up if you ever have anything worthwhile to say.  Hint--I will not be holding my breath.

You showed your level of thinking when you said cut our only decent LB.  
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(10-21-2018, 03:06 PM)McC Wrote: Mike Brown, blah, blah, blah.  You think I haven't heard all this a billion times before?  Wake me up if you ever have anything worthwhile to say.  Hint--I will not be holding my breath.

You showed your level of thinking when you said cut our only decent LB.  

I want to win. If you don’t think a lack of discipline in endemic to this organization and prevents us from winning, then you don’t understand what it takes to succeed.

And when you’re defending mike brown, you’re the one that’s clueless
Reply/Quote
(10-21-2018, 03:10 PM)N_B Wrote: I want to win.  If you don’t think a lack of discipline in endemic to this organization and prevents us from winning, then you don’t understand what it takes to succeed.

I'm not defending MB.  I just get sick of your kind of one track mind thinking.  You're just boring.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

Reply/Quote
(10-21-2018, 03:10 PM)N_B Wrote: I want to win. If you don’t think a lack of discipline in endemic to this organization and prevents us from winning, then you don’t understand what it takes to succeed.

Here’s another example. The patriots in 2016 were in dire need of defensive help. What do they do? They trade one of their only decent linebackers in Jamie collins because of his undisciplined play and off the field distractions. Didn’t prevent them from winning a super bowl.

The reality is that, especially in this offensive driven league, your QB and coaching determine your success. The pats have been so successful not just because of the cheating, but because they have 53 guys pushing towards the same goal for the good of the team (and a hall of fame qb), discipline that’s instilled in the organization top down.

I think it’s clear that Vontaze doesn’t care about the team. He was fantastic from 13-15 but is no longer. I hope he makes some monster plays tonight, but my guess is he will likely make more winning plays for KC than for us (whether that’s fair or not given the bias against him is debatable, but it ultimately doesn’t matter because us complaining doesn’t change how the league perceived him). Ultimately mike brown and Marvin Lewis are enablers and we don’t have a strong enough locker room culture after whitworth really get everyone on the same pge
Reply/Quote
(10-21-2018, 03:12 PM)McC Wrote: I'm not defending MB.  I just get sick of your kind of one track mind thinking.  You're just boring.

You said it was goofy, that if I was disagreeing with mike brown something was wrong with my opinion
Reply/Quote
(10-21-2018, 03:16 PM)N_B Wrote: Here’s another example.  The patriots in 2016 were in dire need of defensive help.  What do they do?  They trade one of their only decent linebackers in Jamie collins because of his undisciplined play and off the field distractions.  Didn’t prevent them from winning a super bowl.

The reality is that, especially in this offensive driven league, your QB and coaching determine your success.  The pats have been so successful not just because of the cheating, but because they have 53 guys pushing towards the same goal for the good of the team (and a hall of fame qb), discipline that’s instilled in the organization top down.

I think it’s clear that Vontaze doesn’t care about the team.  He was fantastic from 13-15 but is no longer.  I hope he makes some monster plays tonight, but my guess is he will likely make more winning plays for KC than for us (whether that’s fair or not given the bias against him is debatable, but it ultimately doesn’t matter because us complaining doesn’t change how the league perceived him).  Ultimately mike brown and Marvin Lewis are enablers and we don’t have a strong enough locker room culture after whitworth really get everyone on the same pge
This is the kind of empty headed nonsense I'm talking about.  You came to this opinion on one of your many trips into the Bengals locker room?  Where I come from, we call that talking out your ass.

Reply/Quote
(10-21-2018, 03:19 PM)McC Wrote: This is the kind of empty headed nonsense I'm talking about.  You came to this opinion on one of your many trips into the Bengals locker room?  Where I come from, we call that talking out your ass.

I know more than you think......
Reply/Quote
(10-21-2018, 03:17 PM)N_B Wrote: You said it was goofy, that if I was disagreeing with mike brown something was wrong with my opinion

Your interpretive powers are extremely lacking.

Reply/Quote
(10-21-2018, 03:20 PM)N_B Wrote: I know more than you think......

Sure you do.  And I'm the next King if England.

Reply/Quote
(10-21-2018, 03:21 PM)McC Wrote: Sure you do.  And I'm the next King if England.

Whatever man. Enjoy your day
Reply/Quote
(10-21-2018, 03:21 PM)N_B Wrote: Whatever man.  Enjoy your day

That's what I thought.  

Reply/Quote
(10-21-2018, 03:23 PM)McC Wrote: That's what I thought.  

There’s nothing I can say. I know more about the inner workings of this organization than you think. You can send my opinion to the toilet (which you have), but I can’t contorl that. If others want to ignore me too, that’s totally fine.

I will say, though, that what I’m saying shouldn’t be a surprise to any one that follows the Bengals and can read tea leaves.

So as I said, take my stuff, don’t take it, doesn’t matter to me. I do get riled up when people act like Mike brown defending burfict is an example abouthow they’re in the right, which is probably my own fault.

But again, enjoy your day. I hope our team wins tonight, I really do. I just wish it wasn’t on so late
Reply/Quote
(10-21-2018, 03:17 PM)N_B Wrote: You said it was goofy, that if I was disagreeing with mike brown something was wrong with my opinion

You can’t have a respectful debate with these people without them resorting to ad hominem and personal attacks.

I’m with you 100% regarding burfict.
Reply/Quote
(10-21-2018, 03:26 PM)N_B Wrote: There’s nothing I can say.  I know more about the inner workings of this organization than you think.  You can send my opinion to the toilet (which you have), but I can’t contorl that.  If others want to ignore me too, that’s totally fine.  

I will say, though, that what I’m saying shouldn’t be a surprise to any one that follows the Bengals and can read tea leaves.

So as I said, take my stuff, don’t take it, doesn’t matter to me.  I do get riled up when people act like Mike brown defending burfict is an example abouthow they’re in the right, which is probably my own fault.

But again, enjoy your day.  I hope our team wins tonight, I really do.  I just wish it wasn’t on so late

Your original statement I responded to was that Burfict should be cut.  In light of the fact the fact that  Mike objected to the fines, how right does that make you appear to be?  And how much doubt does that cast on your claims of having inside info?  Seems to me if you had inside info, you would know he Burfict ain't going anywhere and wouldn't waste your breath.

Reply/Quote
(10-21-2018, 03:33 PM)McC Wrote: Your original statement I responded to was that Burfict should be cut.  In light of the fact the fact that  Mike objected to the fines, how right does that make you appear to be?  And how much doubt does that cast on your claims of having inside info?  Seems to me if you had inside info, you would know he Burfict ain't going anywhere and wouldn't waste your breath.

All I said is that this is a precursor to them potentially fining coaches or owners for player conduct. If I didn’t make that clear, then that’s my fault. I don’t have any inside info into the league office as to whether or not that will happen, but if it does, Mike brown will undoubtedly not keep tez around any longer. You can bank on that
Reply/Quote
As always, PLEASE keep the comments and opinions directed toward the topic at hand, and NOT toward or in reference to other member's posts and opinions.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
From Ian Rapoport this morning:

More coming on this topic for @NFLGameDay, but #Bengals LB Vontaze Burfict was informed via letter that the next similar action to his fined offenses from last week will warrant a suspension, sources say. Burfict was fined $112K this week for 2 hits.
Reply/Quote
(10-21-2018, 03:42 PM)RobertG Wrote: From Ian Rapoport this morning:

More coming on this topic for @NFLGameDay, but #Bengals LB Vontaze Burfict was informed via letter that the next similar action to his fined offenses from last week will warrant a suspension, sources say. Burfict was fined $112K this week for 2 hits.

Yeah, all of that was on the NFL.com website last night.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(10-21-2018, 03:42 PM)RobertG Wrote: From Ian Rapoport this morning:

Translation--the Steelers want you gone and therefore, we will continue to make you play to a different set of standards than anyone else.

Reply/Quote
(10-20-2018, 07:37 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: That is a hefty sum, indeed.  

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000976119/article/bengals-lb-burfict-fined-112k-for-hits-vs-steelers

He could be the first NFL player and Bengal player to be indebted financially permanently to the NFL for hits alone if he keeps up the hits for every game. hahahahahaha  Muahaha Muahaha Muahaha  

Considering he did it vs the squeelers, it is well worth it.  Clapping Clapping Clapping 
Reply/Quote