Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Burfict flipping off the fans?
(11-21-2016, 12:39 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: He went to the Pro Bowl in 2013 too. Amazing what having a good coach can do.

In his final 26 college games, he was tagged with 16 personal fouls

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/nfl-combine-vontaze-burficts-2012-debacle-drops-him-out-of-draft/

16 personal fouls in 26 college games!!!
Reply/Quote
How did Burfict do at the combine?

Burfict somehow managed to make things worse. He reportedly told teams that he had smoked marijuana (points for honesty!) and reportedly failed the mandated drug test (points off for stupidity!). He was heavier than expected, and he ran a 5.09 40 -- the slowest of any linebacker and slower than a number of offensive linemen. He bench-pressed 225 pounds only 16 times -- not as good as several defensive backs. He was last among linebackers in the broad jump and next to last in the vertical jump. It was basically a disaster. "Man, I'm always nervous," Burfict told Sports Illustrated in 2012. "But at the combine, it was a nervous like I was going to have a nervous breakdown. Especially looking up at all those coaches. For me to be in that spotlight, it was very nerve-racking." But he wasn't much better at his pro day.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/nfl-combine-vontaze-burficts-2012-debacle-drops-him-out-of-draft/
Reply/Quote
Who cares about the combine? Are you even watching the ACTUAL games recently? He's playing great.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
You'll never see a player do this on a Belichick coached team.
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(11-21-2016, 11:28 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Some fans will rationalize things to no end.

5 playoff losses in a row...the last by an epic meltdown...and they'll call that 'passion'.

Research Burfict's college career too. He did the same things then as he's doing now.

Yep...just questionable hits going the wrong way and the system out to get him I suppose.

Kind of like the way you're rationalizing Burfict in a negative way in all of your posts?

Glad someone on this team has a damn pulse.
Reply/Quote
(11-21-2016, 01:00 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Who cares about the combine? Are you even watching the ACTUAL games recently? He's playing great.

To some "fans" his great playing doesn't matter. Never will, either.

They're probably all wearing safety pins somewhere on their shirts too.
Reply/Quote
(11-21-2016, 12:36 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Jeremy Hill cost us that playoff game. But keep blaming the big bad villain Burfict. It fits th media narrative nicely. 

If it wasn't for Burfict we wouldn't have even in the position to win last year in the Steeler playoff game.
Reply/Quote
(11-21-2016, 01:00 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Who cares about the combine? Are you even watching the ACTUAL games recently? He's playing great.

Since the bye week he's played great.

Before then? He struggled quite a bit.
Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AndWeGiveUp

[Image: Mx7IB2.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-21-2016, 12:50 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: It was the Hill fumble. The Burfict personal foul. And the Jones personal foul.

If ANY of those 3 things don't happen...we probably win.

If Burfict doesn't make an amazing interception or sack earlier in the game that forced Ben out, none of those things happen and we probably lose. 
Reply/Quote
(11-21-2016, 02:46 PM)yellowxdiscipline Wrote: You'll never see a player do this on a Belichick coached team.

Right...his team's never get personal fouls...
Reply/Quote
(11-21-2016, 02:46 PM)yellowxdiscipline Wrote: You'll never see a player do this on a Belichick coached team.

Yeah, they just murder people, get caught cheating, etc.

Reply/Quote
(11-21-2016, 10:16 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Yeah, they just murder people, get caught cheating, etc.

Is Hernandez still on the team?

The deflategate crap is debatable.
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Yep, it took all three.

The biggest Bungle in Bengal history.

Always blamed Pac Man the most because of it being a dead ball foul and a such huge mental error.

Took the bait and swallowed the hook whole.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
Why are we ragging on guy who's playing great. Playing with fire , playing like his team is still in the playoff race. Burfict is the best player on defense n he gets my support.
Reply/Quote
(11-22-2016, 03:12 PM)Socal Bengals fan Wrote: Why are we ragging on guy who's playing great.  Playing with fire , playing like his team is still in the playoff race.   Burfict is the best player on defense n he gets my support.

Why does it have to be all or nothing? Can't it be he's playing good for the past few games, but he makes stupid mistakes?
Reply/Quote
(11-22-2016, 02:13 PM)yellowxdiscipline Wrote: The deflategate crap is debatable.

No it's not. 

Neither is Spygate. The Patriots are not Angels. 

Reply/Quote
Cheatriots.

You get rid of Burfict, might as well start from the beginning. Get rid of Atkins. Let AJ win a ring elsewhere (not happening here). Gio is now injured, cut him. Hill is one of the worst backs in
the league spanning his career. The only people on our offensive line that are good are old. Who do you keep? Andy? Why force Andy to play with noobies?

Trade everyone worth trading and amass 50 1st rounders like the Browns. I would actually take this bet if it included Mike Brown and marvin Lewis leaving.

It takes a Lebron James talent to turn around a failing franchise. To win despite the franchise pulling them down.
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(11-22-2016, 08:06 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: Cheatriots.

You get rid of Burfict, might as well start from the beginning. Get rid of Atkins. Let AJ win a ring elsewhere (not happening here). Gio is now injured, cut him. Hill is one of the worst backs in
the league spanning his career. The only people on our offensive line that are good are old. Who do you keep? Andy? Why force Andy to play with noobies?

Trade everyone worth trading and amass 50 1st rounders like the Browns. I would actually take this bet if it included Mike Brown and marvin Lewis leaving.

It takes a Lebron James talent to turn around a failing franchise. To win despite the franchise pulling them down.

Not even that caliber of talent can do it alone......ask Barry Sanders, Dan Marino, and Earl Campbell.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(11-21-2016, 10:58 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Burfict is out of control and his meltdown in the playoffs should have been enough to show him the door, but the Bengals will keep him because they don't believe in discipline.

We could have won 3.5 games with or without Burfict and Pacman. The Bengals should have cleaned house after the playoff meltdown.

I would agree if we had someone to replace him with. Vigil ?........CHILD PLEASE !
Reply/Quote
To anyone who would suggest a rebuild without Burfict is our best chance at the SB: He is smart and one of the best LBers in the league. Though he has made stupid mistakes in an unsportsman manner, he understands that he has to channel his despisement of the Offense and it's hold over the NFL in a way that would be without doubt.
Reply/Quote