Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Burfict gets 3 game suspension
(01-12-2016, 02:59 PM)Griever Wrote: itd be more a rivalry if it wasnt so lopsided

and its not even close when it comes to the playoffs

the bengals never could get past pittsburgh when it mattered the most, thats why they had nothing to show for it in the 70s

One team's Super Bowl is another team's bye week. It doesn't matter what the bengals record is, they can't compete against Ben. It won't be a rivalry until they can or most likely when Ben retires. The Ravens, now that's a rivalry.
[Image: Cz_eGI3UUAASnqC.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2016, 02:59 PM)Griever Wrote: itd be more a rivalry if it wasnt so lopsided

the bengals never could get past pittsburgh when it mattered the most, thats why they had nothing to show for it in the 70s

So why aren't you on say the Titans board?  Seems quite the coincidence you are here. 

To be fair, you've faced our backup QB in the last two playoff games.  I wouldn't get too full of myself.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2016, 03:18 PM)michaelsean Wrote: So why aren't you on say the Titans board?  Seems quite the coincidence you are here. 

To be fair, you've faced our backup QB in the last two playoff games.  I wouldn't get too full of myself.

You mistake the natural desire to watch a train wreck with some odd form of rivalrous respect.  Ninja

You haven't won with your starting QB in the playoffs no matter who you've faced.  Who needs to stay humble?
[Image: m6moCD1.png]

Reply/Quote
(01-12-2016, 03:37 PM)SteelCitySouth Wrote: You mistake the natural desire to watch a train wreck with some odd form of rivalrous respect.  Ninja

You haven't won with your starting QB in the playoffs no matter who you've faced.  Who needs to stay humble?

Plenty of bigger train wrecks than the Bengals over the last ten years.  And I never was not humble.  I didn't say anything about us, I was just responding to his Steelers-Bengals playoff comment.  
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(01-12-2016, 03:42 PM)michaelsean Wrote: Plenty of bigger train wrecks than the Bengals over the last ten years.  And I never was not humble.  I didn't say anything about us, I was just responding to his Steelers-Bengals playoff comment.  

Not in the AFCN...Even the Browns have a Championship.  

Reply/Quote
(01-12-2016, 03:44 PM)SteelCitySouth Wrote: Not in the AFCN...Even the Browns have a Championship.  

Why does AFCN North important?  Browns have a championship in the last 10 years?  

Reply/Quote
(01-12-2016, 03:07 PM)6andcounting Wrote: One team's Super Bowl is another team's bye week. It doesn't matter what the bengals record is, they can't compete against Ben. It won't be a rivalry until they can or most likely when Ben retires. The Ravens, now that's a rivalry.

Psssh, you bitches are 3-8 against us in the last 5 years. What rivalry?

JK, it's the best rivalry. To be fair to the Bengals, though, they're 2-9 against you in the same time, so we can use the same argument against you bums. 
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

Reply/Quote
Didn't Harrison get only 1 game for his repeated helmet to helmet hits back in 2012? Or was it 2011? Idk maybe the rules changed sometime between now and then, but 3 games for a first suspension seems a little much. I agree he should have been suspended, but 1 or 2 games would have been plenty.
[Image: 85d8232ebbf088d606250ddec1641e7b.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2016, 03:49 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Psssh, you bitches are 3-8 against us in the last 5 years. What rivalry?

JK, it's the best rivalry. To be fair to the Bengals, though, they're 2-9 against you in the same time, so we can use the same argument against you bums. 

And aren't the Ravens like 3-8 against the Bengals in that same time span? Seems like the AFC north is just one big circle of one sided rivalries  Whatever
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2016, 04:00 PM)Aquapod770 Wrote: Didn't Harrison get only 1 game for his repeated helmet to helmet hits back in 2012? Or was it 2011? Idk maybe the rules changed sometime between now and then, but 3 games for a first suspension seems a little much. I agree he should have been suspended, but 1 or 2 games would have been plenty.

I explained this in one of the threads. I think it was my thread about the 3 game suspension.
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2016, 04:03 PM)6andcounting Wrote: I explained this in one of the threads. I think it was my thread about the 3 game suspension.

Decent explanation,

but why did it take until his 10th offense to be suspended? It seems like a 1 game suspension at around 5 or 6 would have sent a clear message. 
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2016, 04:08 PM)Aquapod770 Wrote: Decent explanation,

but why did it take until his 10th offense to be suspended? It seems like a 1 game suspension at around 5 or 6 would have sent a clear message. 
1 game after the Carolina game seemed appropriate to me. That would have been right there around 5 or 6 as well. 3 after 10 sends a message, but the league had to give a harsh 3 games because they reacted a year too late.
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2016, 04:02 PM)Aquapod770 Wrote: And aren't the Ravens like 3-8 against the Bengals in that same time span? Seems like the AFC north is just one big circle of one sided rivalries  Whatever

4-6, but, yea, that was the point made by several in that "changing of the guard" thread. 
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

Reply/Quote

Sadly, I cannot argue with statistics, and that is the reason for the quotes (along with the league setting the stage and pushing it for future ratings)

It is what it is.

I will say though, I enjoy that the Steelers will now flinch a little when asked about playing the Bengals.
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2016, 03:46 PM)michaelsean Wrote: Why does AFCN North important?  Browns have a championship in the last 10 years?  

Because...Train wreck...in our division.  More interesting.

Joking aside....I think most of use came to the mother ship to gloat some win we had over you and soon found we liked the community.

Reply/Quote
(01-12-2016, 06:18 PM)SteelCitySouth Wrote: Because...Train wreck...in our division.  More interesting.

Joking aside....I think most of use came to the mother ship to gloat some win we had over you and soon found we liked the community attention.

FIFY
ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2016, 06:23 PM)Rotobeast Wrote: FIFY
ThumbsUp

It is true.  You give me a lot of attention...I still won't let you paint me boy.

Reply/Quote
(01-12-2016, 06:24 PM)SteelCitySouth Wrote: It is true.  You give me a lot of attention...I still won't let you paint me boy.

Still saving yourself for Brad eh?  Ninja

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote