Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Burfict is So Smart
(01-10-2016, 01:44 PM)GMDino Wrote: Ok...but they said he launched.

Launching is not a foul.

And from the same link:

Since any hit like that outside the tackle box is illegal, it's utterly stupid to point out where it says "the tackle box no longer exists once the ball leaves the tackle box". It's superfluous wordage where logic dictates that if, first, any hit outside the tackle box is illegal, there must have been, initially, a tackle box which would make a rule valid.

Anyone that can follow logic would understand that a hit of that sort, when done inside the tackle box, is legal. And, once the ball carrier leaves that initial defined area, it's illegal. 

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
Adam Schefter
3 hrs · Facebook Mentions ·
Bengals LB Vontaze Burfict is facing suspension for his hit on Antonio Brown during Saturday night's wild-card game, per a source familiar with the situation. It's even possible Burfict could be suspended for more than one game, per the source. The NFL already fined Burfict $69,454 last month for his combination of plays against Pittsburgh. As a repeat offender, Burfict now is expected to be suspended.
[Image: Defensewcm.gif]
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 02:08 PM)Bmoreblitz Wrote: Adam Schefter
3 hrs · Facebook Mentions ·
Bengals LB Vontaze Burfict is facing suspension for his hit on Antonio Brown during Saturday night's wild-card game, per a source familiar with the situation. It's even possible Burfict could be suspended for more than one game, per the source. The NFL already fined Burfict $69,454 last month for his combination of plays against Pittsburgh. As a repeat offender, Burfict now is expected to be suspended.

His 7 tackles and 3 personal fouls a game will be missed.
[Image: Cz_eGI3UUAASnqC.jpg]
Reply/Quote
The Owen guy is a relative of somebody who I am friends with on Facebook. It was burfict's 5th personal foul in a 2 game span. Burfict will be dead by his mid-30's if he gives himself just a few more head injuries.

Reply/Quote
John Urschel just called Burfict out on Twitter for the same helmet to helmet hit on Maxx Williams last week. Williams didn't even have the ball, Burfict blindsided him with a helmet to helmet hit on the goal line
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 05:59 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: John Urschel just called Burfict out on Twitter for the same helmet to helmet hit on Maxx Williams last week. Williams didn't even have the ball, Burfict blindsided him with a helmet to helmet hit on the goal line

Did he get fined for that? Didn't I hear that went unflagged?
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 05:59 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: John Urschel just called Burfict out on Twitter for the same helmet to helmet hit on Maxx Williams last week. Williams didn't even have the ball, Burfict blindsided him with a helmet to helmet hit on the goal line

Did he get flagged?

And who the hell is John Urschel and why should i give a damn?

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 06:01 PM)6andcounting Wrote: Did he get fined for that? Didn't I hear that went unflagged?

Pull your pants back up you creepy fapper. No he didn't.

Reply/Quote

Just heard about that on talk radio this morning.  Isn't this is the kind of hit the league made a rule against because the Bengals cried about Hines Ward? Or is this a legal hit because it didn't get flagged or fined?

Seems like Burfict just can't help himself.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
Nobody cares about the ravens or their players so the point is moot.
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 06:19 PM)GMDino Wrote: Or is this a legal hit because it didn't get flagged or fined?

You're a steelers fan. You shouldn't need to ask this question.

Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 06:19 PM)GMDino Wrote: Just heard about that on talk radio this morning.  Isn't this is the kind of hit the league made a rule against because the Bengals cried about Hines Ward? Or is this a legal hit because it didn't get flagged or fined?

Seems like Burfict just can't help himself.
It's only dirty when Mitchell does it.
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 06:01 PM)6andcounting Wrote: Did he get fined for that? Didn't I hear that went unflagged?

I'm not going to get into the argument that Burfict has a problem, because he obviously does. He's a dirty football player, and a dumb football player, and I really hope the Bengals cut ties and the dude gets his shit together. That being said, the worst thing I've seen today in the news is Pittsburgh Fans calling for him to be criminally charged (someone even said he should get attempted murder). Are you kidding me? I had a smidge of respect for the intelligence of Pittsburgh fans (the ones on here at least), but if that is an actual thought that goes through your head, don't watch football. Just don't. It's above the heads of these idiots, and if we are going to be criminally investigating hits now, the NFL should just cease to exist. It is absolutely laughable, and I hope to god these people grow up.
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 07:35 PM)6andcounting Wrote: It's only dirty when Mitchell does it.

Both teams have dirty players. Period. Its dirty when both players do it.
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 07:38 PM)mroudfly Wrote: I'm not going to get into the argument that Burfict has a problem, because he obviously does. He's a dirty football player, and a dumb football player, and I really hope the Bengals cut ties and the dude gets his shit together. That being said, the worst thing I've seen today in the news is Pittsburgh Fans calling for him to be criminally charged (someone even said he should get attempted murder). Are you kidding me? I had a smidge of respect for the intelligence of Pittsburgh fans (the ones on here at least), but if that is an actual thought that goes through your head, don't watch football. Just don't. It's above the heads of these idiots, and if we are going to be criminally investigating hits now, the NFL should just cease to exist. It is absolutely laughable, and I hope to god these people grow up.

He's been benched before in college and blamed his coaches. He is not going to learn or change. He is forcing the refs and the league to watch him more closely than any other player. Opposing players know he'll uncontrollable commit multiple personal fouls when he gets mad. The Bengals might have to cut him just because he is a liability every play he sees the field.
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 07:59 PM)6andcounting Wrote: He's been benched before in college and blamed his coaches. He is not going to learn or change. He is forcing the refs and the league to watch him more closely than any other player. Opposing players know he'll uncontrollable commit multiple personal fouls when he gets mad. The Bengals might have to cut him just because he is a liability every play he sees the field.

I agree 100% here, but unfortunately I am not the owner of the Bengals haha. If I was, he would have been cut this morning. He's cost us so much, regardless of some of his talented plays, and it's just time to cut ties...
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 07:59 PM)6andcounting Wrote: He's been benched before in college and blamed his coaches. He is not going to learn or change. He is forcing the refs and the league to watch him more closely than any other player. Opposing players know he'll uncontrollable commit multiple personal fouls when he gets mad. The Bengals might have to cut him just because he is a liability every play he sees the field.

And I gave him full credit for his play after the Gio hit.

The announcers said he was out of control but he seemed to funnel that into his play with the sack and the INT.

And I thought that sack that hurt Ben was totally clean and legal.

Apparently what happened AFTER the sack?  Maybe not so much.

I really should have known better than to think Burfict wouldn't take a dirty shot any chance he could.   ThumbsUp
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 08:10 PM)GMDino Wrote: And I gave him full credit for his play after the Gio hit.

The announcers said he was out of control but he seemed to funnel that into his play with the sack and the INT.

And I thought that sack that hurt Ben was totally clean and legal.

Apparently what happened AFTER the sack?  Maybe not so much.

I really should have known better than to think Burfict wouldn't take a dirty shot any chance he could.   ThumbsUp

I did see that video, but no one is talking about what happened.
Reply/Quote