Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Burfict is my guy... piss off
Him saying the steelers are his squad in madden is the only thing hes ever done that I hated
Who Dey!!!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Other teams will just start taking more dirty hits on our offensive players if Burfict does not reign it in.

Too many people think he is good because he is dirty. That is not what makes him good at all. In fact that is what is hurting him as a player.
Reply/Quote
(01-26-2016, 03:10 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Other teams will just start taking more dirty hits on our offensive players if Burfict does not reign it in.

Too many people think he is good because he is dirty.  That is not what makes him good at all.  In fact that is what is hurting him as a player.

That's just not true really.

Dirty players will do dirty things. 
A clean player won't do something dirty just because. They will get back within the whistle and rules of the game. 

Steelers aren't going to take more shots at us because of Burfict. They play dirty anyways. 

Denver didn't do anything to NE but that didn't stop Edelman from trying to end Ward's season. 
Reply/Quote
(01-26-2016, 03:10 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Other teams will just start taking more dirty hits on our offensive players if Burfict does not reign it in.

Too many people think he is good because he is dirty.  That is not what makes him good at all.  In fact that is what is hurting him as a player.

You just dont like him because he proved you wrong, I remember you saying he wouldnt make the 53 yet be an impact starter. You didnt like him day 1 and now you dont wanna change your tune. Also, how/why the **** are you averaging 25 posts a day?
Reply/Quote
I have to agree with Fred here. You can like Burfict, you can say he is a phenomenal talent, and still think he needs to reign it in. The penalties and fouls hurt the football team. People can argue "the team would not be as good if he were not here", and they are correct. It does not change the fact that the penalties hurt and can have huge effects on the outcome of a game.

Also look at it from a personal standpoint. The fines and suspensions are only going to get worse from here on out. The league warned him after the Baltimore game that they were watching him. I'm certain they will be watching him that much more closely now. Remember last season when everyone was talking about how he needed to stop leading with his head because of all the concussions? I feel like this is the same thing... he needs to learn how to play without crossing the line and putting himself at risk.
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2016, 10:26 AM)Pantherxtreme Wrote: Tough loss Bengals fan, but Burfict's reputation has been rightfully earned. Passion is one thing but you got to keep it between the lines. I remember being relieved last season that the Panthers didn't suffer any serious injuries in the game against the Bengals, because it was obvious "certain" players were trying to cheap shot and injure people.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CrTImYoXjcM/YT

To be completely honest that was Burficts low point. He has gotten much better since back then. I understand the complaints, but this instance and a few nut shots are pretty much all of his 'dirty' plays. The rest of his 'dirtiness' is on the field, which is OK with me.
Reply/Quote
(01-26-2016, 01:49 PM)Atomic Orange Wrote: The witch hunt against Burfict reminds me a lot of the with hunt against Steven Avery from the Netflix doc "Making a Murderer". It's disgusting actually. Here you have a guy that has never been in trouble off the field while being a Bengal yet you have tards from all over saying he is the dirtiest player in the nfl and should be in prison, while at the same time praising players that have had serious charges brought against them. I get it, he is a big scary black man but it's racism and all when you get down to it.

He had no intention of hitting Brown in the freaking head, it just happened that way because Burfict lost track of the ball and Browns head came down at that angle from stretching for the ball and being hit from behind. Sure, throw the flag (I guess) but don't call it intentional.

The only intentional (dirty) things Burfict has done that are on film are the Williams hit, the 2 Carolina ankle twists, (Which btw may have actually helped Newton because he has what, lost 2 games since we tied them? Maybe Burfict did a little magic there!. sarcasm/but just sayn) and the Green Bay Ball tap. 

His suspension should be 1 game.

I watched about 20 mins of makin a murderer.

Good thing for us, Burficts IQ is a little higher than 70 and he doesn't go waving his d*** around at people in front of his house. He also doesn't run people off of the road with his car and point guns at them.... IDK. bad comparison.
Reply/Quote
(01-26-2016, 03:15 PM)Element Wrote: You just dont like him because he proved you wrong, I remember you saying he wouldnt make the 53 yet be an impact starter. You didnt like him day 1 and now you dont wanna change your tune.

Yes, this is me pouring on the hate...

(01-26-2016, 01:15 PM)fredtoast Wrote: To me the Bengals have three true elite players (Green, Atkins, Burfict).  .  .  

Green, Atkins, and Burfict have consistently played on an elite level for years.  Even though I think Green is just as good as Atkins and Burfict he is not missed as badly when he is out with injury.  .  .  

When Burfict is missing from the defense the whole unit suffers.  .  .  

he is so valuable because he keeps the entire defense organized on the field and makes tons of individual plays.  .  .  

I can say that "Burfict is my man".  .  . 
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2016, 04:17 AM)BengalMike Wrote: I got my first bengals jersey for christmas. Im a homeless vet if that matters. He's my guy. I cant stand all the crap, he plays with emotion, he plays to win. Does every bengal do this. Do some take plays off. Burfict is my guy done.

drop the mike

[Image: dccb57e34c473611015afeb16450dcc6e2f99137...b65fc5.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Burfict's my guy too. Sorry. Maybe he shouldn't be maybe he is out of control, but you have to wonder how the national media would treat him if he wasn't a Bengal and he was a Steeler, or a Raven...... I think we know. He'd be praised as a all pro and future hall of famer (just ask Harrison, Ray Ray, Suggs), and instead of the most dirty player in the league, he'd be billed as the most feared. Because we've seen in our own division how players like Burfict have gotten praised over the years, we shouldn't turn on him just because the media does. We should remind ourselves how they'd treat him if he wasn't a Bengal and put it into perspective.

At least he's not suspended for PED's or off field behavior.

Best to need a player to tone it down a couple notches, then need a player to step it up a couple notches from a passion/energy standpoint. If it wasn't for Burfict, it would have been another year the Steelers beat up, concussed, and IR'd our players without any consequences. Enough of those years.

Burfict and Jones are family (Bengals family) rather folks like it or not. Yea people have the crazy family members that at times embarrass the family, but when trouble hit, you know who you can run to for help. So you need them around.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
**** yea he is. He's the exact type of attitude we've been lacking. I can do without the costly penalties, but he makes so many plays that at times I don't mind.
Reply/Quote
(01-26-2016, 03:31 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: I watched about 20 mins of makin a murderer.

Good thing for us, Burficts IQ is a little higher than 70 and he doesn't go waving his d*** around at people in front of his house. He also doesn't run people off of the road with his car and point guns at them.... IDK. bad comparison.

Seriously, 20 minutes out of a 10hr. program and you think you know the whole story? Watch more or don't comment otherwise you are no better than the media trashing Burfict. 

Reply/Quote
(01-12-2016, 04:17 AM)BengalMike Wrote: I got my first bengals jersey for christmas. Im a homeless vet if that matters. He's my guy. I cant stand all the crap, he plays with emotion, he plays to win. Does every bengal do this. Do some take plays off. Burfict is my guy done.

drop the mike

So how heavy was he/were you? And is he/are you ok? Mic, Mike...oh never mind, what's the difference.

But yes Burfict is my guy as well. Love that he's on our team. Wouldn't want to see him playing anywhere else.

Reply/Quote
I am with you OP, i am proud to have him on my favorite team.

He is a hunter out there and takes no prisoners.

Sure, he might need to dial it back a touch at critical minutes but no one can question his passion and effort.

Best linebacker we have had maybe ever...
Reply/Quote
(01-26-2016, 03:25 PM)OrlandoBengal Wrote: I have to agree with Fred here.  You can like Burfict, you can say he is a phenomenal talent, and still think he needs to reign it in. The penalties and fouls hurt the football team.  People can argue "the team would not be as good if he were not here", and they are correct.  It does not change the fact that the penalties hurt and can have huge effects on the outcome of a game.

Also look at it from a personal standpoint.  The fines and suspensions are only going to get worse from here on out.  The league warned him after the Baltimore game that they were watching him.  I'm certain they will be watching him that much more closely now. Remember last season when everyone was talking about how he needed to stop leading with his head because of all the concussions?  I feel like this is the same thing... he needs to learn how to play without crossing the line and putting himself at risk.

He learned how to stop leading with his head so he very well could learn from this...
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2016, 11:07 AM)Football Bender Wrote: http://mweb.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-football/25444633/james-harrison-gets-vontaze-burficts-back-in-controversial-antonio-brown-hit

James Harrison defends Burfict.  Keep Burfict!!!!

Never heard this, good for Harrison.

Maybe being a Bengal for a year helped his soul a bit.
Reply/Quote
Dirty player with tremendous talent. Enjoy him while you can, because one way or another his career will be cut short unless something changes.
This post brought to you by the Cincinnati Bengals. Proud leaders in squandering opportunity, since 1969.
Reply/Quote
(01-27-2016, 12:35 AM)Atomic Orange Wrote: Seriously, 20 minutes out of a 10hr. program and you think you know the whole story? Watch more or don't comment otherwise you are no better than the media trashing Burfict. 

Did I say the guy is guilty of rape? No I didn't. I didn't want to spend 10 hours hearing about the ineptness and stupidity of the police force.

Thought it was a stretch of a comparison, just like your accusations that im "no better than the media trashing Burfict" for not dedicating my time to a documentary.

Sorry buddy, not watching making a murderer does not make me some scumbag.
Reply/Quote
(01-27-2016, 03:18 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: Did I say the guy is guilty of rape? No I didn't. I didn't want to spend 10 hours hearing about the ineptness and stupidity of the police force.

Thought it was a stretch of a comparison, just like your accusations that im "no better than the media trashing Burfict" for not dedicating my time to a documentary.

Sorry buddy, not watching making a murderer does not make me some scumbag.

WHoa now, hold up Corn.  I never called or implied you are a 'scumbag'. I feel the opposite actually and enjoy your posts. Just wanted to clear that up. Regarding the show, I like many others across the globe found it to be pretty riveting stuff after I gave it a chance. (I was not interested like you at first.) I sincerely hope that we are 'cool'. Cheers

Reply/Quote
(01-26-2016, 03:08 PM)TSwigZ Wrote: Him saying the steelers are his squad in madden is the only thing hes ever done that I hated

Did you see Burfict's rating compared to Maualuga's?

I understand now a bit...
Reply/Quote