Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Burfict minor injury
(08-14-2018, 09:30 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Not that I’m calling anyone a liar but some actual proof of that claim about the record with and without Burfict would be nice...

Bengals have a .603 winning percentage when Burfict plays (40-26-2) and it is only .571 without him (16-12)

Every single season except one ('15) when Burfict has missed games the Bengals have a higher winning percentage with him playing than without.  And that 15 season record is very deceiving because in the games without Burfict we allowed 20.3 pts and 370.7, but when he played the numbers dropped to 15.7 and 322.9.
Reply/Quote
(08-14-2018, 09:32 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Great explanation of the difference. Plus, football gods do not bow when Pacman takes the field.

If anyone doesn't notice the man's presence on the field they are insane.

(08-15-2018, 12:00 AM)Socal Bengals fan Wrote: Burfict is the most instinctive linebacker or even defensive player I’ve seen in a Bengal gear.  When he’s healthy n in shape there is no one better.

Cool

Geno is great too, just something about being a Linebacker...

Love how Burfict flies around. Really fun to watch.
Reply/Quote
(08-15-2018, 12:11 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Bengals have a .603 winning percentage when Burfict plays (40-26-2) and it is only .571 without him (16-12)

Every single season except one ('15) when Burfict has missed games the Bengals have a higher winning percentage with him playing than without.  And that 15 season record is very deceiving because in the games without Burfict we allowed 20.3 pts and 370.7, but when he played the numbers dropped to 15.7 and 322.9.

Thanks Fred, great stuff.

I had an argument i think with Brownshoe on who helps the team more when they are on the field.

I was arguing for Geno, Brownshoe was arguing for Burfict. Believe Brownshoe won that argument.
Reply/Quote
(08-15-2018, 12:32 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Thanks Fred, great stuff.

I had an argument i think with Brownshoe on who helps the team more when they are on the field.

I was arguing for Geno, Brownshoe was arguing for Burfict. Believe Brownshoe won that argument.

I would think Geno can be game planned around easier than Burfict, double teams and what not. Not much you can do about an elite LB.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
Until we have a replacement for Burfinct, ............ Burfinct ..........IS the man.
Reply/Quote
(08-15-2018, 12:57 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I would think Geno can be game planned around easier than Burfict, double teams and what not. Not much you can do about an elite LB.

Burfict can read Offenses, that is the deal really.

Don't know of many LB's that can read Offenses and tackle like he can.

Thought Luke Kuechly might of been just as good but than the concussions happened.

Burfict when in the game is the best LB'er in the league right now IMO.
Reply/Quote
(08-15-2018, 01:27 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Burfict can read Offenses, that is the deal really.

Don't know of many LB's that can read Offenses and tackle like he can.

Thought Luke Kuechly might of been just as good but than the concussions happened.

Burfict when in the game is the best LB'er in the league right now IMO.

Read this if you want a good laugh...

https://athlonsports.com/nfl/nfl-linebacker-rankings

And people think Dalton isn’t given enough respect...
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote