Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Burfict minor injury
(08-14-2018, 12:05 PM)motoarch Wrote:  No way I could lose 25+ seasons in row

You don't think you will live to 25 to keep the streak alive?
Reply/Quote
(08-14-2018, 12:05 PM)motoarch Wrote: Yeah you’re probably right. No way I could lose 25+ seasons in row

We haven’t had 25 losing seasons in a row.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
Call it what you want but this team hasn’t won shit and you you’re last defense of your position was you’re happy I don’t run the team. So you like the way it’s been run? You think they make good decisions? When was the last time we won a playoff game? When was the last time Cleveland won one? You call that not lossing? Sorry you dug your own hole here. You’re welcome to go deeper if you like.
Reply/Quote
(08-14-2018, 12:24 PM)motoarch Wrote: Call it what you want but this team hasn’t won shit and you you’re last defense of your position was you’re happy I don’t run the team. So you like the way it’s been run? You think they make good decisions? When was the last time we won a playoff game? When was the last time Cleveland won one? You call that not lossing? Sorry you dug your own hole here. You’re welcome to go deeper if you like.

Yes believe it or not I think Mike Brown and Duke Tobin have forgotten more about football than you will ever know. Otherwise you’d be working in the NFL and not posting on a message board.

And of course I’m not completely happy with the way the team has been run. Marvin should have been let go years ago for one, but the FO did a lot of very un-Bengals like things this offseason so we’ll see how things play out.

Reply/Quote
(08-14-2018, 12:24 PM)motoarch Wrote: Call it what you want but this team hasn’t won shit and you you’re last defense of your position was you’re happy I don’t run the team.  So you like the way it’s been run?  You think they make good decisions?  When was the last time we won a playoff game?  When was the last time Cleveland won one?  You call that not lossing?  Sorry you dug your own hole here.  You’re welcome to go deeper if you like.

No one here agrees 100% with all the moves the Bengals make.

But the people who claim that every move the Bengals make is wrong just because the Bengals made it are completely clueless.  I realize that making the playoffs is not the same as winning a championship, but it is impossible to make the playoffs if 100% of the teams moves are wrong.

Your position is not supported by logic or reality.  
Reply/Quote
Wow that’s a stretch. I never said anything like what you’re stating. You read a lot into very little. He said I’m happy you don’t run the team.

I said yeah cause I probably couldn’t lose 25+ seasons in a row.

It’s levity. Of course I couldn’t do better. Wtf do I know about running a pro organization? The fact is though it wouldn’t likely matter if the results are the same.

Besides this is a huge divergence from the thread so we should probably get back on track before the mods shut us all down. This is about burfict not if the organization makes good choices (results speak for themselves). And I stand by my original statement. I dont see how burfict is valuable to this team. Our win - lose record is not better when he’s on the field and between injuries and suspensions he’s off of it a lot. I feel like the 2015 playoff game is a great example of his value. He was a hero for 58 minutes then basically flushed all his efforts down the toilet for one cheap shot that cost us the game. Go ahead blame Hill or Porter. No one around here ever what’s to call out burfict or jones for the dumb mistakes they made. I feel like it’s a catch 22 with this guy. No way we win that game without his play in the second half and no way we lose that game if he dosent go after browns head for no go reason.
Reply/Quote
(08-14-2018, 01:01 PM)motoarch Wrote: No one around here ever what’s to call out burfict or jones for the dumb mistakes they made. 

What in the what what? You clearly have not been paying attention to this board for more then the past few days. Both of them have been reamed repeatedly for those two plays. WAY more people blame them for the loss even though Hill is the main culprit for why those plays even came to fruition. 
Reply/Quote
(08-14-2018, 01:26 PM)Sweetness Wrote: What in the what what? You clearly have not been paying attention to this board for more then the past few days. Both of them have been reamed repeatedly for those two plays. WAY more people blame them for the loss even though Hill is the main culprit for why those plays even came to fruition. 

Yep. Not to mention the mini meltdown some here had when the news about his failed drug test came out. There was a lot of knees jerking and people swearing they were done with him. Whatever that means. Personally, I root for any and every player wearing a Bengals uniform, but that’s just me...

Reply/Quote
(08-14-2018, 09:19 AM)motoarch Wrote: Our win loss record with and without him says otherwise.  Screw burfict.  He’s an embarrassment and frankly I’m done with him.  Actually I was done with him years ago when he tried to twist the ankles of 2 panthers in one game.

Sorry don’t mean to sound like I’m coming after you.  This guy just triggers me with his bs.

Burfict is my favorite LB i have ever watched play and if he was on the Stoolers he would be celebrated as the best
LB in the game. Dude has rare tackling ability and fire and passion for the game that not many players have.

When he did the ankle twist and the nut tap i didn't like it either and it was dirty but he has cleaned up that part of
his game. That was like 4 years ago.

To the OP, just hope he is fit come game 5 and ready to go.
Reply/Quote
(08-14-2018, 01:01 PM)motoarch Wrote: Wow that’s a stretch.  I never said anything like what you’re stating.  You read a lot into very little.  He said I’m happy you don’t run the team.

I said yeah cause I probably couldn’t lose 25+ seasons in a row.

It’s levity.  Of course I couldn’t do better.  Wtf do I know about running a pro organization?  The fact is though it wouldn’t  likely matter if the results are the same.  

Besides this is a huge divergence from the thread so we should probably get back on track before the mods shut us all down.  This is about burfict not if the organization makes good choices (results speak for themselves).  And I stand by my original statement.  I dont see how burfict is valuable to this team.  Our win - lose record is not better when he’s on the field and between injuries and suspensions he’s off of it a lot.  I feel like the 2015 playoff game is a great example of his value.  He was a hero for 58 minutes then basically flushed all his efforts down the toilet for one cheap shot that cost us the game.  Go ahead blame Hill or Porter.  No one around here ever what’s to call out burfict or jones for the dumb mistakes they made.  I feel like it’s a catch 22 with this guy.  No way we win that game without his play in the second half and no way we lose that game if he dosent go after browns head for no go reason.

Burfict's hit on AB was a shoulder hit, according to the rules that is legal.

Everyone was down on Adam for what he did, everyone. But of course Jeremy lost the game in the end.

Just had to hold onto the ball.

BTW, we wouldn't of even been close to winning that game without Burfict playing his ass off. He almost willed us
to our first Playoff game in 25+ years, the only player i have seen do that and you hate the guy it seems. Crazy.
Reply/Quote
(08-14-2018, 05:25 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Burfict is my favorite LB i have ever watched play and if he was on the Stoolers he would be celebrated as the best
LB in the game. Dude has rare tackling ability and fire and passion for the game that not many players have.
Your probably right about the steeler thing and I still hate as much as I hate all the celebrated dirty Steelers of the past.
(08-14-2018, 05:32 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Burfict's hit on AB was a shoulder hit, according to the rules that is legal.

Everyone was down on Adam for what he did, everyone. But of course Jeremy lost the game in the end.

Just had to hold onto the ball.

BTW, we wouldn't of even been close to winning that game without Burfict playing his ass off. He almost willed us
to our first Playoff game in 25+ years, the only player i have seen do that and you hate the guy it seems. Crazy.

I don’t disagree with any of this but that hit on ab was risky and unessassary and the team paid the price legal or not. And I did state in my previous post I don’t think we had a chance to win that game without his heroics earlier in the game. But it’s a microcosm of his roll in general. For all the passion and talent his seems to find a way to blow it as often as he does something amazing.

I read somewhere and I apologize that I can remember or provide a source that the bengals are 19-15-1 when he’s on the field and 16-12 when he’s not. If he makes the defense so much beter whenhes out there then why is it not reflected in the record. Also wow that’s a lot of missed games. His presence even if it’s true that he makes the defense around him better doesn’t really matter if he’s not reliable to make it in game day. I would think that would really mess up assignments and cause too many shifts in responsibility’s of the players around him. You need to be in the trenches as it were day in and day out with guys you know you can rely on and predict what they are going to do.

I don’t fault anyone for loving the guy if that’s your thing but I want to see this team turn things around including there rep. Pac man and burfict are/we’re seriously talented guys that clearly know and love playing this game but man do they know how to spoil any good will they might earn. Until this team can win something that matters no one outside Cincinnati will see them as hardnosed players but only as thugs.
Reply/Quote
(08-14-2018, 08:35 PM)motoarch Wrote: Your probably right about the steeler thing and I still hate as much as I hate all the celebrated dirty Steelers of the past.

I don’t disagree with any of this but that hit on ab was risky and unessassary and the team paid the price legal or not.  And I did state in my previous post I don’t think we had a chance to win that game without his heroics earlier in the game.  But it’s a microcosm of his roll in general.  For all the passion and talent his seems to find a way to blow it as often as he does something amazing.

I read somewhere and I apologize that I can remember or provide a source that the bengals are 19-15-1 when he’s on the field and 16-12 when he’s not.  If he makes the defense so much beter whenhes out there then why is it not reflected in the record.  Also wow that’s a lot of missed games.  His presence even if it’s true that he makes the defense around him better doesn’t really matter if he’s not reliable to make it in game day.  I would think that would really mess up assignments and cause too many shifts in responsibility’s of the players around him.  You need to be in the trenches as it were day in and day out with guys you know you can rely on and predict what they are going to do.

I don’t fault anyone for loving the guy if that’s your thing but I want to see this team turn things around including there rep.  Pac man and burfict are/we’re seriously talented guys that clearly know and love playing this game but man do they know how to spoil any good will they might earn.  Until this team can win something that matters no one outside Cincinnati will see them as hardnosed players but only as thugs.

A reasonable post Moto. One thing i gotta say is that Adam and Burfict are quite a bit different. Adam does stupid shit
off the field, Burfict does not and is a good family man. Burfict is just as competitive as it gets and another reason i love
the guy is how much he hates the Steelers. How can you not love the guy when he gets in their heads all the time?

Last season he shouldn't of been suspended at all BTW, that was a clean hit on the Chiefs FB.
Reply/Quote
(08-14-2018, 09:19 AM)motoarch Wrote: Our win loss record with and without him says otherwise.  Screw burfict.  He’s an embarrassment and frankly I’m done with him.  Actually I was done with him years ago when he tried to twist the ankles of 2 panthers in one game.

Sorry don’t mean to sound like I’m coming after you.  This guy just triggers me with his bs.

it's ok, nobody here gives a shit about what you say or think on here anyway!!

Reply/Quote
Not that I’m calling anyone a liar but some actual proof of that claim about the record with and without Burfict would be nice...

I also would like to see the difference in just the defense when he’s not out there. YPG, PPG, etc.

Reply/Quote
(08-14-2018, 08:44 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: A reasonable post Moto. One thing i gotta say is that Adam and Burfict are quite a bit different. Adam does stupid shit
off the field, Burfict does not and is a good family man. Burfict is just as competitive as it gets and another reason i love
the guy is how much he hates the Steelers. How can you not love the guy when he gets in their heads all the time?

Last season he shouldn't of been suspended at all BTW, that was a clean hit on the Chiefs FB.

Great explanation of the difference. Plus, football gods do not bow when Pacman takes the field.

Reply/Quote
Burfict is the most instinctive linebacker or even defensive player I’ve seen in a Bengal gear. When he’s healthy n in shape there is no one better.
Reply/Quote
(08-14-2018, 10:35 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Glad you don’t run the team then.

Anyway, you’re bringing up shit he did like 4 years ago. He still throws an occasional late hit but he’s cleaned that kind of stuff up completely.

He has not cleaned that stuff up at all. Wasn't it last season that he tried to kick the Steelers FB in the face while getting up out of pile? Later that game, he looked over his shoulder to see the same FB coming onto the field and threw his hands up and hit the guy in the head. Of course he tried to pretend it was an accident.

I like Burfict. I like his fire and intensity. I love that he hates the Steelers. I hate that he's a selfish dumbass that doesn't bother to try and play with self-control. All of the time missed matters. Because of his constant need to be an asshole, he misses time almost every season. He has absolutely no value if he can't suit up and play.

None of this should be a surprise though. Everyone loves to whine that he's targeted. However, go back to high school, college, and now the NFL and he has constantly earned penalties. He's not targeted, it's just who he is and who he's always been.

I don't want the guy to be a "choir boy" or whatever other negative term you want to use. I just want him to knock the extra shit off and stop getting suspended.
Reply/Quote
(08-15-2018, 10:18 AM)muskiesfan Wrote: He has not cleaned that stuff up at all. Wasn't it last season that he tried to kick the Steelers FB in the face while getting up out of pile? Later that game, he looked over his shoulder to see the same FB coming onto the field and threw his hands up and hit the guy in the head. Of course he tried to pretend it was an accident.

I like Burfict. I like his fire and intensity. I love that he hates the Steelers. I hate that he's a selfish dumbass that doesn't bother to try and play with self-control. All of the time missed matters. Because of his constant need to be an asshole, he misses time almost every season. He has absolutely no value if he can't suit up and play.

None of this should be a surprise though. Everyone loves to whine that he's targeted. However, go back to high school, college, and now the NFL and he has constantly earned penalties. He's not targeted, it's just who he is and who he's always been.

I don't want the guy to be a "choir boy" or whatever other negative term you want to use. I just want him to knock the extra shit off and stop getting suspended.

https://youtu.be/eDmxmQ5_Gbs

Stuff like this happens every single game. Hardly anything to get worked up over. The embarrassing crap was the nut punching and ankle twisting, and like I said he’s cleaned that up.

Reply/Quote
(08-14-2018, 08:35 PM)motoarch Wrote: I read somewhere and I apologize that I can remember or provide a source that the bengals are 19-15-1 when he’s on the field and 16-12 when he’s not.  If he makes the defense so much beter whenhes out there then why is it not reflected in the record.

These numbers are not even CLOSE to correct.  Burfict has played 68 games for the Bengals not just 35.
Reply/Quote
Thanks, Fred. Knew that didn’t sound right.

Reply/Quote