Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Burfict nets us 6.4 In cap space 2019 + 2020
(03-18-2019, 04:08 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I agree, Boyd is a priority to get locked down ASAP.

No so sure Ziggy's price will match his production and a liability against the run also.

The good news is they have the money to pay a quality player a 1 year prove it deal or 3 or 3 guys 3 million a year each.

I like the idea of signing Penn to a 1 year deal to play OT for us in 2019.

long list of guys that we could start resigning 

AJ Green
Boyd
Gio
Boiling

amoung them
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2019, 05:15 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: long list of guys that we could start resigning 

AJ Green
Boyd
Gio
Boiling

amoung them

I think it is a mistake to sign Green. He has missed 13 games the past two years. He needs to prove he can play in 16 games before we give him a 3rd huge contract. I believe he is through 2020 also already. I don't think Gio is a priority either. He has not done much for years either.

Boyd definitely and Boling as well.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2019, 05:31 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I think it is a mistake to sign Green. He has missed 13 games the past two years. He needs to prove he can play in 16 games before we give him a 3rd huge contract. I believe he is through 2020 also already. I don't think Gio is a priority either. He has not done much for years either.

AJ Green played a full 16 game schedule in 2017. If you talking about 2016 yes hes missed 13 games in 3 years so he played 35 of 48. In the 4 years before that he missed a total of 4 games.

I'm not worried about AJ Greens injury history and he's still playing at a very high level so of course you resign AJ Green...
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(03-18-2019, 03:24 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Well Bengals just got around $6.4 million in cap space assuming Burfict is a post June 1 cut designee. Also almost $10 million in 2020. So what do they do with the extra 16 million?

Many believed cutting Burfict was the right decision. It appears we now have around 36 million left for 2019. Of that 11 million for draft picks and 5 million for injuries, that gives us around 20 million left by my calculations.

Edit: These numbers do not reflect Eifert 1 year deal as those numbers have yet to be reported.

We have the money, what will we do with it?

Just the right amount for Zach Brown?  Smirk
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(03-18-2019, 05:41 PM)Synric Wrote: AJ Green played a full 16 game schedule in 2017. If you talking about 2016 yes hes missed 13 games in 3 years so he played 35 of 48. In the 4 years before that he missed a total of 4 games.

I'm not worried about AJ Greens injury history and he's still playing at a very high level so of course you resign AJ Green...

My mistake, yes it was over 3 years. Nut why extend him now? He is signed though 2020 already. I know some are enamored with AJ Green potential, but potential means nothing if you are sitting out hurt at practice or games and leads to poor results (production) for at one time highest paid WR in the NFL.

So, you say matter of fact sign AJ, I say it is debatable.

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2019, 05:31 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I think it is a mistake to sign Green. He has missed 13 games the past two years. He needs to prove he can play in 16 games before we give him a 3rd huge contract. I believe he is through 2020 also already. I don't think Gio is a priority either. He has not done much for years either.

I think you have the priority right.

Boyd
Boling
Green

No reason to keep a #2 RB for a third contract when there are so many options at RB.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(03-18-2019, 05:51 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: My mistake, yes it was over 3 years. Nut why extend him now? He is signed though 2020 already. I know some are enamored with AJ Green potential, but potential means nothing if you are sitting out hurt at practice or games and leads to poor results (production) for at one time highest paid WR in the NFL.

So, you say matter of fact sign AJ, I say it is debatable.

No hes only signed through 2019 It's not potential AJ Green has proven he can play at at a very high level and has a healthy career.

PS The Bengals put AJ Green on IR just after Andy Dalton even though he was injured a week or two before Dalton. Seems like he was gonna play through his toe but they opted to IR him after Andy went down.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(03-18-2019, 05:54 PM)Synric Wrote: No hes only signed through 2019 It's not potential AJ Green has proven he can play at at a very high level and has a healthy career.

PS The Bengals put AJ Green on IR just after Andy Dalton even though he was injured a week or two before Dalton. Seems like he was gonna play through his toe but they opted to IR him after Andy went down.

I like AJ, but he is not a HOF receiver he was paid to become. If he has a great 2019, then we can tag him if we can't extend him.

Reply/Quote
(03-18-2019, 06:06 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I like AJ, but he is not a HOF receiver he was paid to become. 

He is the 8th highest paid WR in the league.

That's a lot of Hall of Fame WRs playing right now.
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2019, 06:32 PM)fredtoast Wrote: He is the 8th highest paid WR in the league.

That's a lot of Hall of Fame WRs playing right now.

Fred, I know you are just being difficult. You know when he signed his 2nd contract, he was the HIGHEST PAID WR at that time. That is the deal he working on, not one others are on until 2022.

Reply/Quote
(03-18-2019, 06:06 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I like AJ, but he is not a HOF receiver he was paid to become. If he has a great 2019, then we can tag him if we can't extend him.

Agreed. He's REALLY good, but not HOF. Not sure I agree he's overpaid as WR's tend to command a premium so it's really hard to say.

I posted the stats to prove it in another thread.

There are receivers like Hopkins who have went over 1500 yards multiple times in less years. Green hasn't went over 1500 a single time.
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2019, 07:23 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Agreed. He's REALLY good, but not HOF. Not sure I agree he's overpaid as WR's tend to command a premium so it's really hard to say.

I posted the stats to prove it in another thread.

There are receivers like Hopkins who have went over 1500 yards multiple times in less years. Green hasn't went over 1500 a single time.

WR's are getting paid a ton more each year. As Fred pointed out since being highest paid at one time, AJ is 8th highest.

My concern extending AJ is his asking price. If he is reasonable and has a great 2019, I hope we sign him, but big if on how much he feels he deserves.

Reply/Quote
(03-18-2019, 07:41 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: WR's are getting paid a ton more each year. As Fred pointed out since being highest paid at one time, AJ is 8th highest.

My concern extending AJ is his asking price. If he is reasonable and has a great 2019, I hope we sign him, but big if on how much he feels he deserves.

You have to definitely factor in that he will decline sooner rather than later. Especially his game that is based on jumping and athleticism.
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2019, 07:42 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: You have to definitely factor in that he will decline sooner rather than later. Especially his game that is based on jumping and athleticism.

For every Larry Fitzgerald or Jerry Rice, there are 10 Dez Bryants or Chad Johnson's who start to fizzle shortly after 30 years old

Reply/Quote
(03-18-2019, 03:24 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Well Bengals just got around $6.4 million in cap space assuming Burfict is a post June 1 cut designee. Also almost $10 million in 2020. So what do they do with the extra 16 million?

Many believed cutting Burfict was the right decision. It appears we now have around 36 million left for 2019. Of that 11 million for draft picks and 5 million for injuries, that gives us around 20 million left by my calculations.

Edit: These numbers do not reflect Eifert 1 year deal as those numbers have yet to be reported.

We have the money, what will we do with it?

Not spend it on players and use it to pay the coaches who were fired with a year left on their deals. Did anyone think Mike Brown would cover that cost himself?

Reply/Quote
(03-18-2019, 05:15 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: long list of guys that we could start resigning 

AJ Green
Boyd
Gio
Boiling

amoung them

[Image: giphy.gif]
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2019, 07:41 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: WR's are getting paid a ton more each year. As Fred pointed out since being highest paid at one time, AJ is 8th highest.

I don't think he will be to difficult to deal with, he was already quoted as saying he wanted to retire with the Bengals.

https://www.yardbarker.com/nfl/articles/aj_green_wants_to_remain_a_bengal_for_life/s1_127_27885233https://www.yardbarker.com/nfl/articles/aj_green_wants_to_remain_a_bengal_for_life/s1_127_27885233
Reply/Quote
Alex Redmond
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2019, 08:25 PM)BengalChris Wrote: Not spend it on players and use it to pay the coaches who were fired with a year left on their deals. Did anyone think Mike Brown would cover that cost himself?

You do realize the cap has nothing to do with the paying of coaches? 

If you want to ply the Bengals cheap narrative at least be objective. MB is paying 2 coaching staffs in 2019 and likely will spend almost to the cap, then roll over to 2020 unused cap money as he has done since new CBA years ago. I know that shoots your cheap narrative down, but it is the facts.

Reply/Quote
(03-18-2019, 08:52 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: You do realize the cap has nothing to do with the paying of coaches? 

If you want to ply the Bengals cheap narrative at least be objective. MB is paying 2 coaching staffs in 2019 and likely will spend almost to the cap, then roll over to 2020 unused cap money as he has done since new CBA years ago. I know that shoots your cheap narrative down, but it is the facts.

Oh? If Mike Brown doesn't spend the money on players he can spend it anywhere he wants. A team does not have to spend to the cap level and the Bengals rarely do.

So, yes, money not paid to players can be used to pay coaches.

Rolled over money that doesn't get spent is still money not spent on players.

Even if the team does roll over money it doesn't have to spend it next season, or the season after that, etc.

Reply/Quote