Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Burfict not Practicing Tomorrow:
http://www.cincyjungle.com/2016/7/28/12317110/vontaze-burfict-added-to-active-nfi-list-to-start-training-camp

Rules manipulation, or Marvin Lewis Giggling as he tells us no Burfict this season?
Reply/Quote
Non Football Injury, same as Maualuga...
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(07-28-2016, 05:50 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: Non Football Injury, same as Maualuga...

Giggle Giggle Giggle.

This is the first I've even heard of him being injured. There's clips of him working out this offseason too.
Reply/Quote
Well there was talk at OTAs of Maualuga and Burfict being over weight. Maualuga went to NFI. And now Burfict. Could be a little punishment for not having the best offseasons... At least I hope
Reply/Quote
Injured by food?
Reply/Quote
Likely has more to do the with knee recovery, than anything. Heck, it's already been all over the place that Burfict won't play any in preseason..

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
No big surprise here, not going to take any chances with him.
Reply/Quote
Just for clarification, it can't be for the knee. Say what you say about rules manipulations, but there are some rules -- so if it was his knee, or anything left over from the season, he would have to be listed under the preseason PUP designation.

It's interesting that Marvin started off by saying he wasn't going to play Vontez at all in the regular season, but on the day of veteran check ins there is this news. We'll see what he has to say about all this tomorrow.
Beat writer for Cincinnati.com & The Enquirer. Follow along on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and Periscope.
Reply/Quote
(07-28-2016, 11:26 PM)jowczarski Wrote: Just for clarification, it can't be for the knee. Say what you say about rules manipulations, but there are some rules -- so if it was his knee, or anything left over from the season, he would have to be listed under the preseason PUP designation.

It's interesting that Marvin started off by saying he wasn't going to play Vontez at all in the regular season, but on the day of veteran check ins there is this news. We'll see what he has to say about all this tomorrow.

Oh man, I hope that wasn't some sort of slip on your part!
Reply/Quote
(07-28-2016, 11:32 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Oh man, I hope that wasn't some sort of slip on your part!

I believe Jim meant preseason, I saw Lewis say he wasn't going to play Burfict in the preseason.
Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AndWeGiveUp

[Image: Mx7IB2.png]
Reply/Quote
(07-28-2016, 11:26 PM)jowczarski Wrote: Just for clarification, it can't be for the knee. Say what you say about rules manipulations, but there are some rules -- so if it was his knee, or anything left over from the season, he would have to be listed under the preseason PUP designation.

Worst fears, confirmed!

Kidding aside--i'm assuming you meant the preseason--I'm suprised you even posted in one of my threads. People seem to think that i'm a troll.

Why I never...
Reply/Quote
He's not playing in the preseason. I'm ok with this, id hate to see our best defensive player get hurt in a meaningless game. Let the guys who are going to fill in for him get the reps. Maybe he's on the NFI with Maualuga because of weight, like it was reported months back.
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(07-29-2016, 09:14 AM)yellowxdiscipline Wrote: He's not playing in the preseason. I'm ok with this, id hate to see our best defensive player get hurt in a meaningless game. Let the guys who are going to fill in for him get the reps. Maybe he's on the NFI with Maualuga because of weight, like it was reported months back.

And if so, kudos to Lewis.
Reply/Quote
(07-28-2016, 11:26 PM)jowczarski Wrote: It's interesting that Marvin started off by saying he wasn't going to play Vontez at all in the regular season

[Image: 121731-bold-strategy-cotton-meme-imgu-wLno.png]
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(07-29-2016, 11:04 AM)bengalguy71 Wrote: And if so, kudos to Lewis.

Mama Marvin never struck me as a disciplinarian to this degree though.

I wouldn't be surprised if Tez did something mind numbingly stupid to aggrevate his bum knee. He doesn't strike me as the guy who can change for the better. He's always been a reckless person.
Reply/Quote
Coley Harvey just tweeted that Maualuga has passed his physical and will practice with the team today.
[Image: predator_zps2bkpnoe5.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(07-28-2016, 05:48 PM)THE Bigzoman Wrote: http://www.cincyjungle.com/2016/7/28/12317110/vontaze-burfict-added-to-active-nfi-list-to-start-training-camp

Rules manipulation, or Marvin Lewis Giggling as he tells us no Burfict this season?

Who cares really? He is off and not playing in one game until week 5 so I say let him rest his body longer and do conditioning (non contact) for next 9 weeks. Then hopefully he will be fresher than the OL he plays against and can inflict some pain upon his return.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote