Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Burfict not back until late November. (?)
I hope Ben plays...He will not be 100% our D should eat him alive, Burfict or not.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
The problem is we're stuck either way.

If Burflict is back he will be very rusty and probably not up to standard. But then again right now our LBers are horrendous. Lamur does not belong on an NFL roster and to be honest all of them are biting constantly on any and every sort of cut or misdirection. Also neither Vinnie Rey nor Rey Maualuga are good in coverage. As to why they insist on playing crap like Lamur instead of Hawk who almost by default has to be better, who knows?
Reply/Quote
(10-25-2015, 11:42 PM)Joelist Wrote: The problem  is we're stuck either way.

If Burflict is back he will be very rusty and probably not up to standard. But then again right now our LBers are horrendous. Lamur does not belong on an NFL roster and to be honest all of them are biting constantly on any and every sort of cut or misdirection. Also neither Vinnie Rey nor Rey Maualuga are good in coverage. As to why they insist on playing crap like Lamur instead of Hawk who almost by default has to be better, who knows?

In all fairness i've thought Vicent Rey and Rey Mauluga have had decent years but I still think a healthy Burfict is leaps and bounds better.
Reply/Quote
So, when he was saying he'd be ready for week 1, was that quote taken directly from his ass? Or were there some complications since then?
Reply/Quote
(10-25-2015, 12:51 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: Better for the team to know if Burfict can play or not in Pittsburgh. Pretty obvious Ben will be back for Cincy and is resting this week. Regardless of who plays or doesn't, I don't expect him to be 100% mobile and we better take him down as much as possible.

Pittsburgh is a big hump for this team this season.

Hate to be negative but I don't see the Bengals D stopping the Pitt running game without a lift at LB.  Stopping the run has been our weakness and Pitt runs it very well.  We definitely need a lift at LB, hopefully from Burfict.
Reply/Quote
That's true but a hobbled Ben or whatever Steelers put out on O in that KC game, the Bengals O is averaging 30 a game after 6. Let Bell run all day.
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(10-26-2015, 09:12 AM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: That's true but a hobbled Ben or whatever Steelers put out on O in that KC game, the Bengals O is averaging 30 a game after 6. Let Bell run all day.

I was thinking the same thing.  Being able to stop the run is important, but Pittsburgh better be scoring every time.  If they can't stop KC with no J. Charles, it will be a long day for Pittsburgh.

They will not be rushing Burfict back either.  With Pittsburgh losing this week, the Bengals are 2.5 games ahead.  This would be a huge blow for Pittsburgh, but not for Cincinnati in regards to who wins.  Risking a player that could be huge in the stretch into the mix when he is less than 100% would be silly.  I hope he's ready this week, but if he's not- we keep playing hard.  The next month's schedule is in Cincinnati's favor.

[Image: ?u=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.propelio.com%2Fwp-c...f=1&nofb=1]

Reply/Quote
(10-25-2015, 02:00 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: I will put down a $1000 bet that Ben plays, in whatever capacity he's in. Who wants the bet? Remember, if you lose, I get a new PC essentially. Steelers can't afford to lose to us.

You giving odds?  All reports are he's going to play, pretty sound bet for you.  Unless you're willing to give like 3-1 or something.  Thats 3 PC's if he doesnt play...
Reply/Quote
(10-25-2015, 02:00 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: I will put down a $1000 bet that Ben plays, in whatever capacity he's in. Who wants the bet? Remember, if you lose, I get a new PC essentially. Steelers can't afford to lose to us.

Man $1000 for a computer? That must be a top of the line computer you want. 
Reply/Quote
Just do a quick search about microfracture surgery and NFL... It really doesn't look good even if he comes back. I think everyone is preparing for the return of Burfict like it is going to be a game changer. I have a feeling his All Pro NFL days are over. And I love the guy as a player, and seriously hope I'm wrong. It is just a MAJOR surgery in a contact sport like football. And I think a lot of people posting have no idea how fatal the surgery is to NFL players careers.
Reply/Quote
Can someone help me understand this? After a year of rehabbing, what difference is 2 weeks going to make? If he's not ready to PRACTICE now, how is he going to be ready in 2 weeks? I understand not throwing him in the mix to play in Sunday's game, but to me adding 2 weeks to time line for him to be able to practice doesn't seem like it would make much difference.
Reply/Quote
(10-26-2015, 08:25 AM)Daddy-O Wrote: Hate to be negative but I don't see the Bengals D stopping the Pitt running game without a lift at LB.  Stopping the run has been our weakness and Pitt runs it very well.  We definitely need a lift at LB, hopefully from Burfict.

I'm with ya 

As a realist - me thinks Bell sets an NFL record this weekend. Lol

Not only is he SICK but our run D is rather pathetic at times (inconsistent at best).  
Reply/Quote
Take off your shoes and socks and go kick a door. Your foot is going to hurt. Wait two weeks and see if it still hurts... probably not. Injuries take time to heal.
Reply/Quote
(10-27-2015, 04:49 AM)The Dangler Wrote: Can someone help me understand this? After a year of rehabbing, what difference is 2 weeks going to make? If he's not ready to PRACTICE now, how is he going to be ready in 2 weeks? I understand not throwing him in the mix to play in Sunday's game, but to me adding 2 weeks to time line for him to be able to practice doesn't seem like it would make much difference.

Youre onto something..... If there weren't signs at the beginning of the season that he would be ready this year, then I can only assume hes not playing at all this year.
Reply/Quote
(10-27-2015, 02:12 AM)PAjwPhilly Wrote: Just do a quick search about microfracture surgery and NFL... It really doesn't look good even if he comes back. I think everyone is preparing for the return of Burfict like it is going to be a game changer.  I have a feeling his All Pro NFL days are over.  And I love the guy as a player, and seriously hope I'm wrong.  It is just a MAJOR surgery in a contact sport like football.  And I think a lot of people posting have no idea how fatal the surgery is to NFL players careers.

BINGO

My sentiments exactly.

Poor guy - he was a total STUD. What a shame for him and this franchise!
Reply/Quote
(10-27-2015, 04:49 AM)The Dangler Wrote: Can someone help me understand this? After a year of rehabbing, what difference is 2 weeks going to make? If he's not ready to PRACTICE now, how is he going to be ready in 2 weeks? I understand not throwing him in the mix to play in Sunday's game, but to me adding 2 weeks to time line for him to be able to practice doesn't seem like it would make much difference.

He hasnt been rehabbing a year yet he didnt have the surgery till january i believe.
Reply/Quote
Burfict is an enigma at this point.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(10-27-2015, 02:12 AM)PAjwPhilly Wrote: Just do a quick search about microfracture surgery and NFL... It really doesn't look good even if he comes back. I think everyone is preparing for the return of Burfict like it is going to be a game changer.  I have a feeling his All Pro NFL days are over.  And I love the guy as a player, and seriously hope I'm wrong.  It is just a MAJOR surgery in a contact sport like football.  And I think a lot of people posting have no idea how fatal the surgery is to NFL players careers.

I'm not counting him out until the organization says it out loud.  Burfict's surgeon said recovery is not the same for everyone and a lot of it comes down to the individual.

I know Bengal fans are conditioned to expect the worst, as evidenced by this thread, which is downright depressing, but that's not what I'm expecting at all because I believe in the individual.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
Marvin's change of tone would lead me to believe he's still going to be out a while....
Reply/Quote

I did that after he got hurt and havent really felt ok with it since then. Burfict was/is my favorite player on the team, but honestly I have my doubts he will ever really be 100%. I hope hope too, but not much after doing the research. 
Reply/Quote