Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Burfict's Suspension Details
http://cin.247sports.com/Bolt/Details-of-Vontaze-Burfict-suspension-released--47280288

I had no idea he was prohibited from all the things listed here!! Seems a bit 'over the top'??
Reply/Quote
What kind of horse sh*t?? If Burfict was a steeler and did this to a Bengal it'd be a part of the "Jacked Up!" portion of NFL Live

EDIT: I know "Jacked Up" has been gone for years now but damn it I wouldn't be surprised if they brought it back for that hit
Reply/Quote
And Mike and Marvin stood for that? I guess that explains his absence from preseason games.
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
How do typical suspension rules read?

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(09-07-2016, 08:41 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: How do typical suspension rules read?

It said in the article that Brady also wasn't allowed to be around the team, but I doubt if Brady is under the same 'over the top' restrictions that Burfict is under.  
Reply/Quote
Probably what all suspension include.

Favorite part of article was the returning injured players to full practice and Dennard to partial practice.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
Not sure if this is unusual.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(09-07-2016, 08:41 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: How do typical suspension rules read?

Exactly the same.

The only time this has not applied, that I am aware of, is in the additional games given to Josh Gordon in his reinstatement.  He has been allowed to be with the team during those games.

For the record, people asked during the off season if Brady could meet up with his WRs away from the facility to work on their timing.  The answer was, obviously, a resounding "NO", and there has since been rumblings that some guys might get tailed to insure they are not working out with him.
Reply/Quote
Bet rules get skirted somehow though.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
Hoping it only motivates him to take it to another level.
Reply/Quote
(09-07-2016, 09:02 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: Exactly the same.

The only time this has not applied, that I am aware of, is in the additional games given to Josh Gordon in his reinstatement.  He has been allowed to be with the team during those games.

For the record, people asked during the off season if Brady could meet up with his WRs away from the facility to work on their timing.  The answer was, obviously, a resounding "NO", and there has since been rumblings that some guys might get tailed to insure they are not working out with him.

Just as I suspected.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
As always, **** the NFL.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
Well I'm sure Ryan Shazier is under the same restrictions during his suspension for violating NFL safety policies.

If the NFL didn't spend years covering up research into the dangers of playing football, and just required players to sign a waiver (in plain English) as part of their contracts, they wouldn't have to try and neuter the game like this.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(09-07-2016, 10:16 PM)jason Wrote: Well I'm sure Ryan Shazier is under the same restrictions during his suspension for violating NFL safety policies.

If the NFL didn't spend years covering up research into the dangers of playing football, and just required players to sign a waiver (in plain English) as part of their contracts, they wouldn't have to try and neuter the game like this.

P.O.T.D.

(Post Of The Day!)  I agree 110%.
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-07-2016, 08:52 PM)bengalguy71 Wrote: It said in the article that Brady also wasn't allowed to be around the team, but I doubt if Brady is under the same 'over the top' restrictions that Burfict is under.  

The rules are not uniform they can be changed based on how many violations, the severity, a la gordon. But brady was over top as well. Could not even have friends from the team over to his house for sunday dinner.
Reply/Quote
I guess this explains why Burfict was not there for team pictures....
Reply/Quote
(09-07-2016, 10:16 PM)jason Wrote: Well I'm sure Ryan Shazier is under the same restrictions during his suspension for violating NFL safety policies.

This all sounds good, but the reality is you can't sign away the negligence of not protecting your employee in good faith. As an employer, the NFL must attempt to create the safest work conditions possible within reason for it's employees. Avoiding rule changes that could improve employee health for the sake of ratings is a court battle they would lose.
Reply/Quote
(09-08-2016, 09:27 AM)Au165 Wrote: This all sounds good, but the reality is you can't sign away the negligence of not protecting your employee in good faith. As an employer, the NFL must attempt to create the safest work conditions possible within reason for it's employees. Avoiding rule changes that could improve employee health for the sake of ratings is a court battle they would lose.

Yes, and this is now an issue that many sports around the world are starting to face and many are changing their rules as well.
Reply/Quote
(09-08-2016, 09:27 AM)Au165 Wrote: This all sounds good, but the reality is you can't sign away the negligence of not protecting your employee in good faith. As an employer, the NFL must attempt to create the safest work conditions possible within reason for it's employees. Avoiding rule changes that could improve employee health for the sake of ratings is a court battle they would lose.
My point was that they did nothing about it until the lawsuits started rolling in... Even then, a shoulder to the head of Antonio Brown is bad. The crown of the helmet to Gio's chin WAS not bad. The difference was some convoluted distinction that made no sense. Either they are for player safety or they are not. Changing that rule after the fact doesn't make their hypocrisy any better.

The article in OP says Burfict's hit was helmet to helmet... It wasn't. He did lower his shoulder, but that contact with the head could have very well been incidental. How many of us could pop AB running full speed in the head with our shoulder? Was the hit against the letter of the law? Sure. Did the NFL make a judgement call on intent? You betcha.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(09-07-2016, 08:52 PM)bengalguy71 Wrote: It said in the article that Brady also wasn't allowed to be around the team, but I doubt if Brady is under the same 'over the top' restrictions that Burfict is under.  

I would bet 100% that Brady and any other player that is suspended has the same restrictions.
Reply/Quote