Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Burfict's Suspension Likely to be Upheld
I'd definitely take this to court, but the law is seldom if ever what we expect especially in court. Burfict isn't squeaky clean, Mr. I don't cheat Brady with the entourage of a million groupies seething with testosterone after winning the super bowl so it's anyones guess how it might play out.
My." significant other" has been a court scopist (look it up) for over 40 years and wouldn't give a plug nickel for Burfict's chances in a court of law especially looking at his background.
Most people don't know it, but if you're put on trial for rape (Rottenbooger) and have been tried 80 times in the past for rape the prosecutor cannot bring up even one prior trial, only the current trial and that's even if you've been convicted all 80 times, but the case of Burfict is a bit different because all of his prior transgressions have happened in open on live TV. His attorney would have to seek a venue with jurors who have never seen football and have no idea how the game is even played and they would all have to sit through watching every hit he's ever made and it wouldn't look good because they would never see the millions of hits by every other football player, just Burfict..
Very dicey proposition..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
The phrase "That is bullshit" is thrown around way too often. It makes it less meaningful to use in situations when it is REALLY warranted, like this one. It's bullshit. If I live to see any Bengals success I want to see them have it while giving the finger to anyone and everyone except you and I. Piss on doing it with "class".
Reply/Quote
The inconsistency of the NFL punishment is astounding. How is a multibillion dollar business this dysfunctional?
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
Reply/Quote
I read an interesting line quoting one of the NFL owners regarding the Raiders attempt to relocate. The owner (I forget who) basically said that (the owners) hold a grudge against The Raiders for Al Davis' defiance throughout his ownership in the league. Even though some owners, including the one quoted, weren't owners for much and in some cases not at all during Al's time in the NFL.

The NFL has a long memory. Which leads me to ponder a thought. That they may hold a grudge against Paul Brown and therefore, The Bengals, even after all this time. Or perhaps they hold a grudge against Mike Brown for some reason, or a combination of both. Mike often votes against the other owners, so there's that. I firmly believe that Paul left Mike specific instructions on how to run a team and Mike has stuck to that philosophy, only relatively recently taking a chance away from his those instructions. The grudge the NFL holds against The Bengals can be found in the fact that some players are HOF snubs and Paul Brown isn't honored in anyway other than the stadium, which his son named. That's a mystery ain't it? But all that's an entirely different topic.

My point is, that the NFL obviously holds grudges. Add to that an undisciplined- discipline system and the results are what we have. I don't know about anybody else, but I didn't even watch the super bowl or any playoff games after The Bengals lost. I suspect some of the reason for that is how the NFL handled the aftermath of the Pittsburgh game and specifically the Shazier hit. I could go on and about this shit ...
-That which we need most, will be found where we want to visit least.-
Reply/Quote
(02-11-2016, 08:22 PM)Devils Advocate Wrote: I read an interesting line quoting one of the NFL owners regarding the Raiders attempt to relocate. The owner (I forget who) basically said that (the owners) hold a grudge against The Raiders for Al Davis' defiance throughout his ownership in the league. Even though some owners, including the one quoted, weren't owners for much and in some cases not at all during Al's time in the NFL.

The NFL has a long memory. Which leads me to ponder a thought. That they may hold a grudge against Paul Brown and therefore, The Bengals, even after all this time. Or perhaps they hold a grudge against Mike Brown for some reason, or a combination of both.  Mike often votes against the other owners, so there's that.  I firmly believe that Paul left Mike specific instructions on how to run a team and Mike has stuck to that philosophy, only relatively recently taking a chance away from his those instructions. The grudge the NFL holds against The Bengals can be found in the fact that some players are HOF snubs and Paul Brown isn't honored in anyway other than the stadium, which his son named. That's a mystery ain't it? But all that's an entirely different topic.

My point is, that the NFL obviously holds grudges. Add to that an undisciplined- discipline system and the results are what we have. I don't know about anybody else, but I didn't even watch the super bowl or any playoff games after The Bengals lost. I suspect some of the reason for that is how the NFL handled the aftermath of the Pittsburgh game and specifically the Shazier hit. I could go on and about this shit ...

Won't touch the topic of the HoF, but this Burfict suspension is explained much simpler than generational grudges.

1. The Steelers are owned by the Rooneys.
  2. The Rooneys got Goodell his $44m/yr or whatever job.
  3. The Steelers/Rooneys wanted Burfict punished harshly for a hit that would be otherwise just fined.
  4. This means Goodell wants Burfict punished harshly for a hit that would be otherwise just fined.
  5. Burfict is punished harshly for a hit that would be otherwise just fined.

It's why this hit was just a simple $23k fine:
[Image: BJn7gmE.gif]

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
I read an interesting line quoting one of the NFL owners regarding the Raiders attempt to relocate. The owner (I forget who) basically said that (the owners) hold a grudge against The Raiders for Al Davis' defiance throughout his ownership in the league. Even though some owners, including the one quoted, weren't owners for much and in some cases not at all during Al's time in the NFL.

The NFL has a long memory. Which leads me to ponder a thought. That they may hold a grudge against Paul Brown and therefore, The Bengals, even after all this time. Or perhaps they hold a grudge against Mike Brown for some reason, or a combination of both. Mike often votes against the other owners, so there's that. I firmly believe that Paul left Mike specific instructions on how to run a team and Mike has stuck to that philosophy, only relatively recently taking a chance away from his those instructions. The grudge the NFL holds against The Bengals can be found in the fact that some players are HOF snubs and Paul Brown isn't honored in anyway other than the stadium, which his son named. That's a mystery ain't it? But all that's an entirely different topic.

-That which we need most, will be found where we want to visit least.-
Reply/Quote
What a joke. Like others have said, take it to court.
[Image: hFcJI4.png]
Reply/Quote
Well DA, some people seem to believe that the NFL is a democracy and stands for democratic principles and all that, but it's an organization with 32 billionaire team owners whose interests are for themselves and really nobody else. They trade in human flesh and really have no allegiances to players nor fans. Their only real allegiance is to their bottom line and regardless of how popular a player might be with fans if that player can be traded away they'll do it which anywhere else is called human trafficking, but in sports it's business. Go figure..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
I'll dance naked in the streets the moment Roger Goodell steps down. I figure I'll have a few minutes to celebrate before they hire someone inexplicably worse.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
Burfict is a repeat offender and has some doozies on his record, including the Panther leg twisting incidents. Of course he going to be under greater scrutiny, and he's not going to get the benefit of the doubt. He's brought it all on himself.

There's no conspiracy or bias against the Bengals. I wouldn't be surprised if he's kicked out of the league, if he doesn't learn to control himself.
This post brought to you by the Cincinnati Bengals. Proud leaders in squandering opportunity, since 1969.
Reply/Quote
Anyone who thinks mike brown isn't working behind the scenes is definetly mistaken. He cares about the players. And went to the wall for Slim . I am sure he is also doing the same for Tez.

On dameshek's podcast he, Ike taylor, and MJD all aaid that old man Rooney told them in the steelers box that Tez did nothing wrong and it's just football. They say it Around the 55 minute mark of the latest podcast. Good to hear two Steeler homers admit it ....
Reply/Quote
(02-11-2016, 11:39 PM)Utts Wrote: Burfict is a repeat offender and has some doozies on his record, including the Panther leg twisting incidents. Of course he going to be under greater scrutiny, and he's not going to get the benefit of the doubt. He's brought it all on himself.

There's no conspiracy or bias against the Bengals. I wouldn't be surprised if he's kicked out of the league, if he doesn't learn to control himself. Burfict was suspended a couple days after his incidental contact. 

Shut up dude. Its football. This game got popular because of guys who played a lot nastier than Burfict.
There are plenty of repeat offenders. Mitchell has been a head hunter for a while now. Talib is a known POS who tried to poke somebodies eye out. Then commited a foul more flagrant than anything Burfict did all year in the biggest game of the year. 

Where are the fines and suspensions for the Steelers TE that tried to take out burficts knees. Or the steelers OL clearly attacking burfict after the whistle. 

I guarantee Burfict isnt the only LB to cream somebody coming across the field. Withing 5 yards and you are open season. 

His ankle twisting and ball tapping was 2014. And college was how long ago? James Harrison doesnt get extra long suspensions because of his past 
Reply/Quote
Goodell is the Rooney's puppet.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(02-12-2016, 01:05 AM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Shut up dude. Its football. This game got popular because of guys who played a lot nastier than Burfict.

While shut up dude it's football is a compelling argument, you couldn't be more wrong. If Burfict were a Steeler, you'd think his punishment was probably too lenient. 

Burfict isn't nasty, he's an undisciplined thug. I hope the people in his inner circle aren't as clueless as you, or his career is going to end far too early.
This post brought to you by the Cincinnati Bengals. Proud leaders in squandering opportunity, since 1969.
Reply/Quote
(02-11-2016, 08:22 PM)Devils Advocate Wrote: I read an interesting line quoting one of the NFL owners regarding the Raiders attempt to relocate. The owner (I forget who) basically said that (the owners) hold a grudge against The Raiders for Al Davis' defiance throughout his ownership in the league. Even though some owners, including the one quoted, weren't owners for much and in some cases not at all during Al's time in the NFL.

The NFL has a long memory. Which leads me to ponder a thought. That they may hold a grudge against Paul Brown and therefore, The Bengals, even after all this time. Or perhaps they hold a grudge against Mike Brown for some reason, or a combination of both.  Mike often votes against the other owners, so there's that.  I firmly believe that Paul left Mike specific instructions on how to run a team and Mike has stuck to that philosophy, only relatively recently taking a chance away from his those instructions. The grudge the NFL holds against The Bengals can be found in the fact that some players are HOF snubs and Paul Brown isn't honored in anyway other than the stadium, which his son named. That's a mystery ain't it? But all that's an entirely different topic.

Two words. Art Modell. Owners picked sides and they went with the younger and more charismatic Modell over Paul Brown. Why well the other NFl owners  didn't like the fact that Brown and his Browns team came in from another league and destroyed the NFL champs the eagles the first year in the league. They didn't like that the Browns humiliated and destroyed an entire league for over an decade.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
Ouch. But it isnt like this is Burfict's first offense by any means lol. That said I was expecting it to get knocked down to a game. But hey, if it makes him a smarter player as opposed to just 1 game, then I am all for it. Dude needs to stop the cheap crap otherwise next time he could be ejected from games if not a longer suspension.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
(02-12-2016, 01:58 AM)Utts Wrote: While shut up dude it's football is a compelling argument, you couldn't be more wrong. If Burfict were a Steeler, you'd think his punishment was probably too lenient. 

Burfict isn't nasty, he's an undisciplined thug. I hope the people in his inner circle aren't as clueless as you, or his career is going to end far too early.
Have you ever watched NFL network and heard somebody mention anything about the fact bad things happen in NFL pileups? Wtf do you think we play against? It aint a secret things get ugly in the AFC North. 

Why do we have to play two hand touch when our opponents play tackle foootball. Why did AJ green miss our playoff game last year? And who got that suspension?

Yea.. Guy plays NFL football. Gets paid to hit people.. Does his job better than the chosen ones,.. so now he is classified as a thug. Makes sense. As long as thug is the cool meaning like back in the 90s rap songs.

I agree his career is in jeopardy. But I am a Bengals fan calling BS on this witch hunt because as long as Ive been an NFL fan I havent had to wonder if a guy would get banned from the league for hitting to hard. 
Reply/Quote
(02-11-2016, 03:51 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: I'm pretty positive this is the longest suspension the NFL has ever handed out as a players' first suspension for on field play... which makes it awfully F'ing shady.

James Harrison headhunted for an eternity and got what, two games that was reduced to one game? After knocking out two players in one game with helmet to helmet shots.
OBJ launches into a dude's head with his head after the play and gets 1 game.
Antonio Brown kicks a punter in the face and gets no suspension.
Cody Wallace torpedos his head into another guy's head after the play and gets no suspension.
Ryan Shazier slams the crown of his helmet into a guy's face and the NFL doesn't even fine him.
Ben Roethlisberger gets a 6 game suspension reduced to 4 for rape.
Ray Rice gets suspended 2 games for knocking a woman unconscious and then dragging her around like a doll.
Suh stomps on a guy after a play for the second time, and gets only 1 game reduced to a fine.
Steelers player tweets death threats at Burfict, not even a fine.
Mike Munchak yanks a player's hair on the sideline? 10k.
Joey Porter goes on the field, picks a fight, and changes a playoff game's results? 10k.

Vontaze Burfict goes shoulder to helmet during a play and gets 3 games with no reduction.

Seems legit.

i couldn't agree more. If I'm not mistaking Cody Wallace had more personal fouls than Burfict this year and yet no suspension....
Reply/Quote
After watching the Ravens have a dominant defense for an eternity thanks to the super hard-hitting Ray Lewis(who had blood in his car that he didn't know anything about) and watching the Steelers have a world class defense led by Troy "vicious hits" Polomalu, the Bengals finally wound up with one of these once in a generation defensive players. A guy who's tough as nails and will punish you for even THINKING about trying to put yards up on him...and what happens? The Bengals get the "we need a culture change" spiel about player safety while every other team goes about their business as usual. Ridiculous.

The ankle twisting was bad and I could see a one game suspension for that based on the precedent set by previous punishments. 3 games for a shoulder hit? RIDICULOUS.
Reply/Quote
(02-11-2016, 11:39 PM)Utts Wrote: Burfict is a repeat offender and has some doozies on his record, including the Panther leg twisting incidents. Of course he going to be under greater scrutiny, and he's not going to get the benefit of the doubt. He's brought it all on himself.

There's no conspiracy or bias against the Bengals. I wouldn't be surprised if he's kicked out of the league, if he doesn't learn to control himself.

So who's your team, the Steelers?
Reply/Quote