Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Burfict's penalty???
So I was in the car and missed about the first 5 or ten minutes of the game, but heard Burfict get the penalty for UC. What did he do, hit a receiver past 5 yards, or hit one away from the play. Deserved or not????
Reply/Quote
wondering the same thing, I was at the game so of course no replays, anyone see what happened on tv?
"We have been sentenced to life in the prison that is a Bengals fan and we are going to serve out our time"
Reply/Quote
he hit a wr about 4 yards from line of scrimmage. most fan's say it was a bs call. wasnt that hard of a hit either.
Reply/Quote
(11-27-2017, 09:31 AM)Sled21 Wrote: So I was in the car and missed about the first 5 or ten minutes of the game, but heard Burfict get the penalty for UC. What did he do, hit a receiver past 5 yards, or hit one away from the play. Deserved or not????

It was the exact same play he got suspended for in preseason with receiver coming across the middle and Burfict leveled him with a shoulder. It looked within 5 yards but hard to say for sure.
Reply/Quote
James Lofton said it was a BS call, and it was.  So was the one on Jabrill Peppers.

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Un-needed and away from the play, the WR he hit was not a factor. He has to be smarter than that.
Reply/Quote
So he’s probably facing another suspension for the hit.
-That which we need most, will be found where we want to visit least.-
Reply/Quote
(11-27-2017, 09:59 AM)Socal Bengals fan Wrote: he hit a wr about 4 yards from line of scrimmage.  most fan's say it was a bs call.  wasnt that hard of a hit either.

It wasn't that hard of a hit for burfict... but that WR did bounce lol.. 

it was a clean hit too
Reply/Quote
It was the exact same hit from preseason. The League has to do something or be exposed for the lame suspension he received to start the year. As lame and legal as BOTH hits were Look for him to be suspended again.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
Ok, so that tells me what I was thinking is probably correct. I think the league's plan, is to have the refs throw a Unsportsmanlike Conduct flag on Burfict at the start of every game at the first hint of anything, even if it is BS, to subject him to an ejection if it happens again in the game. They throw one flag on him, and he would have to tone it down. Can't have him playing aggressive because..................... wait for it.................. "You don't play in Pittsburgh, you play in Cincinnati....."
Reply/Quote
(11-27-2017, 12:38 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Ok, so that tells me what I was thinking is probably correct. I think the league's plan, is to have the refs throw a Unsportsmanlike Conduct flag on Burfict at the start of every game at the first hint of anything, even if it is BS, to subject him to an ejection if it happens again in the game. They throw one flag on him, and he would have to tone it down. Can't have him playing aggressive because..................... wait for it.................. "You don't play in Pittsburgh, you play in Cincinnati....."

Slow your roll there turbo. They flagged him because the play was already going away from Burfict and Burfict not being too smart decided to lower his shoulder into the receiver for NO reason. Did it warrant a Personal Foul, IDK, but there was no need for Burfict to hit and decleat the guy, as it was across the field. That's the crap he has to stop.
Reply/Quote
(11-27-2017, 12:52 PM)sandwedge Wrote: Slow your roll there turbo. They flagged him because the play was already going away from Burfict and Burfict not being too smart decided to lower his shoulder into the receiver for NO reason. Did it warrant a Personal Foul, IDK, but there was no need for Burfict to hit and decleat the guy, as it was across the field. That's the crap he has to stop.

I can't speak to this one, as I didn't see it. Some of the other one's I've seen were complete bs if not out and out fabrications.... like the phantom facemask.
Reply/Quote
(11-27-2017, 11:29 AM)740Bengal Wrote: Un-needed and away from the play, the WR he hit was not a factor.  He has to be smarter than that.

This is where there's a discrepancy with the illegal contact rule. The rules state that a defensive player can interfere/hit an offensive receiving player within five yards of the LOS. If it's beyond five yards, it's considered a penalty. Burfict tries to light up anyone coming across him as long as it's under five yards. According to the rule, it should be allowed as long as contact is not made to the head/neck area.

The league is essentially flagging/fining Burfict for hitting too hard even though he's not hitting right in the head/neck and making contact within the legal five yards to the LOS.

Was this illegal contact rule changed in this past offseason or are the refs just being too focused on player safety because a 255 lb linebacker is trucking down a player 50+ lbs lighter than him? Because to me, this comes down to Burfict establishing intimidation if a (much) smaller player is going to try to cross him within those five yards prior to illegal contact.

If it was changed, can someone please provide a link? I cannot find a reference to such change.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(11-27-2017, 12:52 PM)sandwedge Wrote: Slow your roll there turbo. They flagged him because the play was already going away from Burfict and Burfict not being too smart decided to lower his shoulder into the receiver for NO reason. Did it warrant a Personal Foul, IDK, but there was no need for Burfict to hit and decleat the guy, as it was across the field. That's the crap he has to stop.

Sorry, you are totally wrong on this.  He hit him within the first 5 yards and it is legal to do so.  It's not like he uncoiled on him, it was just a friendly chuck.
Reply/Quote
(11-27-2017, 01:28 PM)ochocincos Wrote: This is where there's a discrepancy with the illegal contact rule. The rules state that a defensive player can interfere/hit an offensive receiving player within five yards of the LOS. If it's beyond five yards, it's considered a penalty. Burfict tries to light up anyone coming across him as long as it's under five yards. According to the rule, it should be allowed as long as contact is not made to the head/neck area.

The league is essentially flagging/fining Burfict for hitting too hard even though he's not hitting right in the head/neck and making contact within the legal five yards to the LOS.

Was this illegal contact rule changed in this past offseason or are the refs just being too focused on player safety because a 255 lb linebacker is trucking down a player 50+ lbs lighter than him? Because to me, this comes down to Burfict establishing intimidation if a (much) smaller player is going to try to cross him within those five yards prior to illegal contact.

If it was changed, can someone please provide a link? I cannot find a reference to such change.
By definition, what he did wasn't a foul. I believe it was called just because it was unneeded and done by a guy who has a reputation for unneeded stuff. 
Reply/Quote
I don't get the NFL on this it was a legal hit with in 5 yards.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(11-27-2017, 01:39 PM)Jakeypoo Wrote: I don't get the NFL on this it was a legal hit with in 5 yards.

So was the one they suspended him for in the preseason. Hence, my thoughts on what I said earlier. I think the refs have been told to call stuff on him early in the game to put him on notice. If he's playing hard football within the rules, they have to "find" something.....
Reply/Quote
(11-27-2017, 01:30 PM)fullonbehavior Wrote: Sorry, you are totally wrong on this.  He hit him within the first 5 yards and it is legal to do so.  It's not like he uncoiled on him, it was just a friendly chuck.

How am I wrong? I even said "I don't know if it warranted a personal foul". It was a blatant cheap shot. The play was almost over on the other side of the field.
Reply/Quote
(11-27-2017, 01:41 PM)sandwedge Wrote: How am I wrong? I even said "I don't know if it warranted a personal foul". It was a blatant cheap shot. The play was almost over on the other side of the field.

Cheap or not, was it within the rules or wasn't it? If they don't like it, they need to change the rule....
Reply/Quote
(11-27-2017, 01:41 PM)Sled21 Wrote: So was the one they suspended him for in the preseason. Hence, my thoughts on what I said earlier. I think the refs have been told to call stuff on him early in the game to put him on notice. If he's playing hard football within the rules, they have to "find" something.....

Or they could be just letting Burfict know to knock the BS off. That is why I think they threw the flag on him.
Reply/Quote