Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Burfict smackin' on the Bengals..
I wonder how well everyone in that locker room is going to be getting along, once he starts getting penalized, fined, and suspended?

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/08/06/raiders-linebacker-vontaze-burfict-takes-shot-at-bengals/?fbclid=IwAR0huv7laZWQMNTe1lT0n4RxxPN8i6Thyh6FODuJfrH9ai0C5mFskF5U1iM

Quote: “This is my second team, but it’s the first time I’ve had a team like this and everybody gets along. It doesn’t matter what type of day it is. We’re all here to see each other get better and motivate each other. We’ve got a lot of characters, in a good way.”

Yes, I realize that this should technically go into "Around the NFL", but since it's him, and he's talking about us, I figured it was fine to start it in here.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
His smack is as weak as his game was last year... I actually think he meant nothing by it. If he did, he was being disingenuous... The Bengals were once a tight squad. Take a look back at 2013 Hard Knocks.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
Part of our dysfunction was having low character guys around like him...

That's what he's not getting. Most teams in the league wouldn't even want him on their roster.
Reply/Quote
That hardly qualifies as smack, let alone deserves an article about nothing.
Reply/Quote
(08-06-2019, 08:43 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I wonder how well everyone in that locker room is going to be getting along, once he starts getting penalized, fined, and suspended?

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/08/06/raiders-linebacker-vontaze-burfict-takes-shot-at-bengals/?fbclid=IwAR0huv7laZWQMNTe1lT0n4RxxPN8i6Thyh6FODuJfrH9ai0C5mFskF5U1iM

Yes, I realize that this should technically go into "Around the NFL", but since it's him, and he's talking about us, I figured it was fine to start it in here.

Translation: "There were people in the Bengals locker room that didn't like me because I cost them games and brought a lot of shit along with me." Boo hoo.
Reply/Quote
(08-06-2019, 09:21 PM)NKURyan Wrote: Translation: "There were people in the Bengals locker room that didn't like me because I cost them games and brought a lot of shit along with me." Boo hoo.

LOL he was a thug that’s for sure.

Reply/Quote
Him and A. Brown will be leading the group hugs I'd bet.
Reply/Quote
If he wanted to take a real shot at someone he would.

This needs to be filed in the "whatever" category.

Nobody should report this and nobody should care.

It's not like Jeremy Hill's little gem of a half-wit shot at our fan base.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
if hes talking about a locker room that he describes in his own words...then
hes really talking about his SHORTCOMINGS as a,team leader.
because if that was the case then how come HE didnt try to pull
the team together and lead by example.
Reply/Quote
Awwww he hasn't gotten over us!
Reply/Quote
To be fair, Some current Bengals players have alluded to the sad state of the locker room last year.
Reply/Quote
(08-06-2019, 09:36 PM)whodey365 Wrote: To be fair, Some current Bengals players have alluded to the sad state of the locker room last year.

Everytime Burfict came back from his suspensions or injuries, the team went downhill. I wonder how much of it had to do with him.
Reply/Quote
(08-06-2019, 09:30 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: If he wanted to take a real shot at someone he would.

This needs to be filed in the "whatever" category.

Nobody should report this and nobody should care.

It's not like Jeremy Hill's little gem of a half-wit shot at our fan base.

This... The guy was talking up his new team in advance of Hard Knocks. If the article didn't frame it as a slight or insult, I don't think anyone would see one.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(08-06-2019, 09:22 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: LOL he was a thug that’s for sure.

Hard-nosed football player while he was here.

Now he's a thug.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(08-06-2019, 09:36 PM)whodey365 Wrote: To be fair, Some current Bengals players have alluded to the sad state of the locker room last year.

(08-06-2019, 09:47 PM)jason Wrote: Hard-nosed football player while he was here.

Now he's a thug.

I loved the Super Destroyer as much as anyone on here, even coined him as such around here.  However, as the number of injuries, concussions, penalties, and suspensions started to accumulate, I started to notice a stark transition in him.  He was no longer the omnipotent being he once was, but he truly was just taking gratuitous, cheap shots and doing guys dirty for the sake of it.

Perhaps the change of scenery, new environment and situation will be good for him, who knows?  However, as a guy that played football into his 30's, I think that he's been "reaching" a few years ahead of where he should have started grasping at straws like that.  He might have had a few too many concussions.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(08-06-2019, 09:21 PM)NKURyan Wrote: Translation: "There were people in the Bengals locker room that didn't like me because I cost them games and brought a lot of shit along with me." Boo hoo.

Better translator than Google. 

Was great for awhile, then wasn't even good. No hate or anger towards him; I'm just disappointed. 
Reply/Quote
(08-06-2019, 09:47 PM)jason Wrote: Hard-nosed football player while he was here.

Now he's a thug.

And if we let his rotten ass go he was going to go to Pittsburgh and become a league favorite and have a HOF career and then we'd be sorry!

When I think of how Hill and Burfict went from super popular franchise saviors to despised bums I cam help but wonder if we are going to hate Mixon or Boyd or any other star of today in a few years.  

It's quite interesting. 
Reply/Quote
(08-06-2019, 10:04 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I loved the Super Destroyer as much as anyone on here, even coined him as such around here.  However, as the number of injuries, concussions, penalties, and suspensions started to accumulate, I started to notice a stark transition in him.  He was no longer the omnipotent being he once was, but he truly was just taking gratuitous, cheap shots and doing guys dirty for the sake of it.

Perhaps the change of scenery, new environment and situation will be good for him, who knows?  However, as a guy that played football into his 30's, I think that he's been "reaching" a few years ahead of where he should have started grasping at straws like that.  He might have had a few too many concussions.

He certainly looked spent last year... I don't know if he was just playing tentative or what. I know he wasn't as bad in 2016- 2017, but never really stood out like he did before. He's sorta the embodiment of the 2011 thru 2015 playoff team Bengals... That rainy night in Cincinnati was his, and their last stand.

I always liked the guy, and he was my favorite Bengal for years... I wish him the best, but I hope that Sample waffles, flapjacks, or hotcakes his ass if he's healthy when we play him this season.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote

true, in fact, AJ flat out said things were better due to some of the absences.  You have to think that Burfict is one of those not missed.  In a total lack of self-awareness, he fails to acknowledge how his own behavior contributed to the locker room atmosphere.  Most football players give latitude to players that perform but when their behavior leads to not being available at game time or to losses the attitudes start to change

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(08-06-2019, 10:30 PM)Nately120 Wrote: And if we let his rotten ass go he was going to go to Pittsburgh and become a league favorite and have a HOF career and then we'd be sorry!

When I think of how Hill and Burfict went from super popular franchise saviors to despised bums I cam help but wonder if we are going to hate Mixon or Boyd or any other star of today in a few years.  

It's quite interesting. 

I can already see him in that jacket giving his speech. A couple of seasons later we'll be watching Joe Mixon being inducted while he waxes poetic about his glory days leading the Houston Texans to back to back Super Bowl champions. Tyler Boyd will be in the middle of winning 6 more rings for the Steelers, and Bengals fans be like "Y'all know them two Kens should be in the Hall of Fame.".

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote