Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Burfict speaks for the first time
In his first interview of the season, Vontaze Burfict talked to me about how his knee feels, the decision to put him on PUP, and looking ahead to his return to Nov. 1 at Pittsburgh.
Beat writer for Cincinnati.com & The Enquirer. Follow along on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and Periscope.
Reply/Quote
At least he was understanding of the decision and is aiming to playing against Pittsburgh. Can't wait to see him on the field, it's been far too long.
Reply/Quote
(09-09-2015, 03:21 PM)jowczarski Wrote: In his first interview of the season, Vontaze Burfict talked to me about how his knee feels, the decision to put him on PUP, and looking ahead to his return to Nov. 1 at Pittsburgh.

The safer we approach this situation the better. While I want to see Burfict on the field ASAP, I want him to be rookie year Burfict, not a hobbly one. Don't want to look ahead, but November is going to be a good month for the Bengals :)
Reply/Quote
(09-09-2015, 03:21 PM)jowczarski Wrote: In his first interview of the season, Vontaze Burfict talked to me about how his knee feels, the decision to put him on PUP, and looking ahead to his return to Nov. 1 at Pittsburgh.

TY

It is good to hear player and coach understand each other and ML is looking at this long term.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote

Awesome! Been waiting to hear from Burftict.
Reply/Quote
If(and its a big IF I know) he comes back to his normal self this season it would be a huge addition to this team.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(09-09-2015, 03:36 PM)J24 Wrote: If(and its a big IF I know) he comes back to his normal self this season it would be a huge addition to this team.

If he does expect an elite defense.
Reply/Quote

Thanks for the update.
Reply/Quote
I would've been surprised if Burfict came out week 1. I'm glad they put him on the PUP. If he's ready for Pittsburgh, then that's awesome, but I'm remaining cautious with him.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(09-09-2015, 03:41 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: If he does expect an elite defense.

He is the difference maker. :nunchuck:
Reply/Quote
Like he said, that was the best move for his career. I can imagine how tough it is for him not being able to be out there competing with your brothers. But, there is absolutely no reason to rush him back, the D will be able to hold the fort down until he returns. I'm excited to see him out there week 7.
Reply/Quote

Have to agree with Marvin.   It's better to take the extra time and make sure he's ready.  
Reply/Quote
It's literally not a risk worth taking. Why gamble on a few games this season. If he never comes back to form, a shame, but at least the team can rest assured knowing it did the right thing and did not prematurely shorten his career.

For all of Marvin's deficiencies, he is one hell of a LB coach and I trust his judgement on this.

Reply/Quote
That is awesome to finally hear from him! I think they made the right choice. Burfict is handling it the way a pro should. Rock On
Reply/Quote
Burfict was the best player on our team. If we can somehow survive until he comes back 100%, and stops leading with his head... Cry
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(09-09-2015, 03:36 PM)J24 Wrote: If(and its a big IF I know) he comes back to his normal self this season it would be a huge addition to this team.

Marvin did say it was a tough call whether to PUP him or put him on the 53, so maybe it's not such a bgf if any more.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote

Gotta love Burfict's attitude. And he should make the defense that much better down the stretch, as an added bonus.

Reply/Quote
Considering our normal lackadaisical demeanor coming out of bye weeks, this might be a well timed shot in the arm. This team will feed on his excitement.
Reply/Quote

it will probly be a few weeks before he gets up to full speed and used to contact again doesnt his return coincide with our bye week?
Reply/Quote
(09-09-2015, 08:18 PM)McC Wrote: Marvin did say it was a tough call whether to PUP him or put him on the 53, so maybe it's not such a bgf if any more.

Very good point. A lot better than a hard decision to IR him or PUP him!
Reply/Quote