Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Burfict speaks for the first time
(09-10-2015, 10:50 AM)M.W. Wrote: Very good point. A lot better than a hard decision to IR him or PUP him!

well if you consider they had free reign to pup him and would have had to cut someone to have burfict on the 53 to IR him that should not ahve been a hard choice lol..

6 weeks is worth it if we get him back
Reply/Quote
(09-10-2015, 11:40 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: well if you consider they had free reign to pup him and would have had to cut someone to have burfict on the 53 to IR him that should not ahve been a hard choice lol..

6 weeks is worth it if we get him back

I almost think it would be better to hold him out one more game and not play him against Pittsburgh in his first game back, because you know those dirty SOB's will be targeting his knee the whole game.
Reply/Quote
Good to hear from him!
[Image: 1jKEzj4.png]
Formerly known as Judge on the Bengals.com message board.
Reply/Quote
(09-09-2015, 03:36 PM)J24 Wrote: If(and its a big IF I know) he comes back to his normal self this season it would be a huge addition to this team.

I was very encouraged that he said his knee feels better than after the original surgery.  Not convincing proof that he'll be who he was, but the most encouraging thing I've heard so far.

And as to the decision - Coach and player made a good decision and seem comfortable (if not happy) with it.

Thanks Jim!
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2015, 02:47 PM)3wt Wrote: I was very encouraged that he said his knee feels better than after the original surgery.  Not convincing proof that he'll be who he was, but the most encouraging thing I've heard so far.

And as to the decision - Coach and player made a good decision and seem comfortable (if not happy) with it.

Thanks Jim!

If I was a Linebacker, I would trust Marvin on anything and everything. Glad Burfict is smart enough to realize that as well.
Reply/Quote
Microfracture surgery is a procedure where they damage the surface of the bone in order to promote the growth of a type of scar tissue that is similar to cartilage. This scar tissue then serves the same purpose as the cartilage that is missing from between the bones.

I heard Mark Schlereth and another ex-player who had both had the procedure talk about it. They said that it takes a full year for all the scar tissue to develop. They said that a player can come back before then but it would just hurt a lot more. In other words the joint is as strong as it is going to get. The question is how much are the bones just grinding against each other. They both also agreed that it is possible for a player to come back pretty close to 100%
Reply/Quote
(09-12-2015, 01:50 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Microfracture surgery is a procedure where they damage the surface of the bone in order to promote the growth of a type of scar tissue that is similar to cartilage.  This scar tissue then serves the same purpose as the cartilage that is missing from between the bones.

I heard Mark Schlereth and another ex-player who had both had the procedure talk about it.  They said that it takes a full year for all the scar tissue to develop.  They said that a player can come back before then but it would just hurt a lot more.  In other words the joint is as strong as it is going to get.  The question is how much are the bones just grinding against each other.  They both also agreed that it is possible for a player to come back pretty close to 100%

That's good news I guess. I know it will be a pain for Burfict, but he's tough. I think he can handle it by the time he's able to come back in the game.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote