Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Burfict staying or going?
I don't expect anyone to have an answer obviously, but I think we all kind of expected Tez to be gone by now? Usually players are let go before the start of free agency... Unless he's being shopped to somewhere like Oakland. I'm sure PG would welcome him back under his wing. More likely through FA and not a trade though.

My view on the situation: There isn't one... If they value a player like Hart at 7m a year, then Tez will end up retiring a Bengal. Do I want that? No. It seems his time is up in the Queen City.

My whole point: Based off how things have been handled so far this offseason with filling the coaching staff and the Hart deal, two key words come to mind. Disoriented and Incompetent. Not to evolve an entire offseason around one terrible signing (Fart), but why do so many people think Tez is on his way out the door still? Especially after MB defended him last season? And how often do we see Mikey come out from the shadows to say something about a specific player?

One positive: If we keep him, his money doesn't go into re-signing someone who should be on the practice squad.

Make me think different. Yawn
"Whose kitty litter did I just s*** in?"

"He got Ajax from the dish soap!"
Reply/Quote
I think signing a few veteran LBs and likely drafting one early will send the message to Burfict without doing anything else: Show up in shape with your head on straight or you won't be here long. The Bengals have terminated a couple contracts early the past few years, which is not usually their style.

Burfict is gravy for me. If they get anything out of him at all, great. But I am not counting on him one bit and I doubt the Bengals are either.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I really like Burfict, but I wish he would retire for his own health. When I see him play anymore, I notice his talent diminishing rapidly. Might be due to his picture on the #1 “Most Wanted” poster hanging in the refs locker room which prevents him from playing all out, or it could be the concussions and age taking over, who knows? If it’s the concussions, he just needs to retire before he finds himself living under an overpass not remembering his own name.

Reply/Quote
- concussions / being hurt all the time
- multiple lengthy suspensions for illegal hits
- PED suspension , maybe that’s why he’s fallin off can’t take the juice anymore.
This guy went undrafted for a reason , work ethic and stupid penalties were the main reason. It’s supposed to be a new start for the Bengals it’s time to move on from this guy he’s not reliable and has proven that over and over.
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2019, 07:43 AM)HarleyDog Wrote: I really like Burfict, but I wish he would retire for his own health. When I see him play anymore, I notice his talent diminishing rapidly. Might be due to his picture on the #1 “Most Wanted” poster hanging in the refs locker room which prevents him from playing all out, or it could be the concussions and age taking over, who knows? If it’s the concussions, he just needs to retire before he finds himself living under an overpass not remembering his own name.

This.

I think he will give it one more last go. If he took care of himself this off-season physically, maybe he can get close to where he was at the beginning of his career.
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2019, 09:09 AM)BengalFanInNJ Wrote: This.

I think he will give it one more last go. If he took care of himself this off-season physically, maybe he can get close to where he was at the beginning of his career.

It's sad if we even give him that choice (like the ML situation). The bengals should either keep him or cut him - not leave the decision to Burfict who 100 out of 100 times would choose to play. 
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2019, 07:20 AM)Takedown Wrote: I don't expect anyone to have an answer obviously, but I think we all kind of expected Tez to be gone by now? Usually players are let go before the start of free agency... Unless he's being shopped to somewhere like Oakland. I'm sure PG would welcome him back under his wing. More likely through FA and not a trade though.

My view on the situation: There isn't one... If they value a player like Hart at 7m a year, then Tez will end up retiring a Bengal. Do I want that? No. It seems his time is up in the Queen City.

My whole point: Based off how things have been handled so far this offseason with filling the coaching staff and the Hart deal, two key words come to mind. Disoriented and Incompetent. Not to evolve an entire offseason around one terrible signing (Fart), but why do so many people think Tez is on his way out the door still? Especially after MB defended him last season? And how often do we see Mikey come out from the shadows to say something about a specific player?

One positive: If we keep him, his money doesn't go into re-signing someone who should be on the practice squad.

Make me think different
Happy to keep Tez...   Hopefully he can stay on the field this year  had some injury issues last year.
Reply/Quote
I don’t see him getting released before training camp at the earliest.

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
Burfict is a LB that has faded away unfortunately. Sad I'm ready to look to the future.
Reply/Quote
He better be going not worth the $$$$ and headaches.....lets be honest he's a shell of his former self.....
"We have been sentenced to life in the prison that is a Bengals fan and we are going to serve out our time"
Reply/Quote
I'm hoping the delay is us waiting until we have another veteran LB or two under contract.
Reply/Quote
Hoping VB can return to form and lock down the Will spot. If Preston is healthy this year and can wear the green dot, I think it'll free up VB to make plays again.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
At least he won't start the season suspended.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
Why would you ask?
Here in Cincinnati we honor our contracts, it's why FA's like to come here.
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2019, 11:50 AM)McC Wrote: At least he won't start the season suspended.

Unless he tackles someone in a questionable manner in PS again. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
He's had what? 7 concussions in his career. He needs to retire. He's been out of shape the last two years. He will never be the same player he was in 2015. It's time to move on.
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2019, 07:20 AM)Takedown Wrote: I don't expect anyone to have an answer obviously, but I think we all kind of expected Tez to be gone by now? Usually players are let go before the start of free agency... Unless he's being shopped to somewhere like Oakland. I'm sure PG would welcome him back under his wing. More likely through FA and not a trade though.

Make me think different. Yawn

I'm in the camp that wants him to retire for his own safety.  He has good but violent instincts that can't be untaught.  He will end up paying his bonus back in fines, if he even stays healthy enough.  He's a liability you can't plan around.

Reality is that we will go into the draft with a weakness, LB is likely it.  I could see Washington giving up their high 3rd to get a QB and Cincy taking it with White gone and many of the BPAs being similar DL that will be there at 15.  They end up with 2 LBs within the first 5 rounds and sign a fringe starter that didn't get their deal.  
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2019, 11:57 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Unless he tackles someone in a questionable manner in PS again. 

That's true.  Even the officials didn't seem to have the heart to penalize him last year.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(03-13-2019, 12:15 PM)McC Wrote: That's true.  Even the officials didn't seem to have the heart to penalize him last year.

You have to tackle someone or hit someone for a penalty. Burfict was a step or two behind getting in position to hit anyone legally or illegally.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
I personally think we should cut or trade him for the best pick we can get. I then wish we would we take some of that money and sign Malcolm Brown from the Patriots. I also think we should go out and get a Saffold as an outside FA....but here is the icing on the cake: I am hoping we take Devin White with our first pick and Devin Bush with our second pick. Can you imagine how athletic or LBs unit would be? Our nickel package would finally be a strength. Jordan Evans and Vigil aren't starters but they definitely are good and athletic backups. This will never happen but this is my dream scenario offseason. Also, I am hoping we keep Dennard and Eifert. WHO-DEY!
Reply/Quote