Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Burfict whisperer
Jim Haslet

Will be a great coach for Burfict and will get his head straight.

I like all the new coaches but this was the best addition.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-19-2016, 09:25 PM)bengals67 Wrote: Jim Haslet

I think he needs to be a Burfict yeller instead of a whisperer.
Reply/Quote
Pretty sure the whisperer only applies to things that are incapable of speaking to or understanding humans. It's why nobody made a Dr Dolittle movie where he's just a human only talking to other humans.

Whisperer
[Image: maxresdefault.jpg]
- - - - - - - - - -
Not A Whisperer
[Image: conversation.jpg]

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
If he gets Burfict to play under control without losing his fire, we'll have an elite defense.
Reply/Quote
(01-19-2016, 09:25 PM)bengals67 Wrote: Jim Haslet

Bonnie- I hope you got my point. Haslet is perfect for getting Burfict to play smart and not do stupid stuff like twisting guys legs or laying out a receiver with 18 second left in the game and opposing team outside of FG range.

By the way, when my Dad was whispering to me I really knew I was in trouble and that got my attention real quick.
Reply/Quote
This is getting downright disrespectful comparing him to a wild dog. That game had one of the most violent atmosphere's and was one of the most emotional games ive ever seen in the nfl. The guy cost us 15 yards at the end of a game... a game in which we would have never had a chance to win without his outstanding play. You guys can sit in your pulpit preaching about something you have never experienced in your life and talk shit about a guy who bleeds black and orange. You should be thankful to have a player like burfict on your team and understand that he is a young man instead of sitting in your cubicle pounding keys with your cheeto stained fingers.

[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(01-19-2016, 10:44 PM)Okeana Wrote: This is getting downright disrespectful comparing him to a wild dog.  That game had one of the most violent atmosphere's and was one of the most emotional games ive ever seen in the nfl.  The guy cost us 15 yards at the end of a game... a game in which we would have never had a chance to win without his outstanding play.  You guys can sit in your pulpit preaching about something you have never experienced in your life and talk shit about a guy who bleeds black and orange.  You should be thankful to have a player like burfict on your team and understand that he is a young man instead of sitting in your cubicle pounding keys with your cheeto stained fingers.

Yup

[Image: thats-racist.jpg]

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
Good God, people act like Burfict runs around and gets 3 personal fouls per game. He's NOT THAT BAD!!!

I would even argue that he's come a long way in keeping himself together since college. Sure, he has an occasional lapse in judgment, but he certainly makes up for it the intensity and fire that he brings to the defense. With Burfict on the field, this defense is one of the best, if not the best, in the NFL.

All these media types were talking about how unstoppable Pittsburgh's offense was. Well, the scored 10 points at home against the Bengals and 18 in the playoffs. Burfict may not be the best player on the defense, but he definitely takes the D to another level.
Reply/Quote
(01-19-2016, 10:44 PM)Okeana Wrote: This is getting downright disrespectful comparing him to a wild dog.  That game had one of the most violent atmosphere's and was one of the most emotional games ive ever seen in the nfl.  The guy cost us 15 yards at the end of a game... a game in which we would have never had a chance to win without his outstanding play.  You guys can sit in your pulpit preaching about something you have never experienced in your life and talk shit about a guy who bleeds black and orange.  You should be thankful to have a player like burfict on your team and understand that he is a young man instead of sitting in your cubicle pounding keys with your cheeto stained fingers.

And as a bit of homework for anyone able to stomach it: rewatch all three games against Pittsburgh, and count the number of times a Steeler is diving at Burfict's surgically repaired knee. They've been trying to end his season since his first game back... His hit on Brown was dumb, but he held up pretty well... I think he's made real strides. I think he can take another step, though.
Reply/Quote

Are we talking abut the guy that leads with his head, and tried to twist off the leg of 2 Panthers last year?

Comparing him to a dog is disrespectful, but Burfict is a dirty player that deserves everything he gets.
This post brought to you by the Cincinnati Bengals. Proud leaders in squandering opportunity, since 1969.
Reply/Quote
(01-19-2016, 09:56 PM)bengals67 Wrote: Bonnie- I hope you got my point. Haslet is perfect for getting Burfict to play smart and not do stupid stuff like twisting guys legs or laying out a receiver with 18 second left in the game and opposing team outside of FG range.

By the way, when my Dad was whispering to me I really knew I was in trouble and that got my attention real quick.

Yeah I don't think you were being disrespectful and you weren't the one who posted the dog picture.  I think Burfict needs a disciplinarian like Zimmer was.  He has gotten out of control since Guenther took over.  The leg twisting, head hits, etc. happened after Zimmer left.
Reply/Quote
He plays harder than any LB in the game.

more of this and im happy. Rapistburger isnt easy to tackle.

[Image: vontaze-burfict-knees-ben-roethlisburger...ng-him.gif]
Reply/Quote
(01-19-2016, 11:34 PM)Utts Wrote: Are we talking abut the guy that leads with his head, and tried to twist off the leg of 2 Panthers last year?

Comparing him to a dog is disrespectful, but Burfict is a dirty player that deserves everything he gets.

if you want "***** players" go root for the browns! STFU!!!

Reply/Quote
(01-20-2016, 12:03 AM)BonnieBengal Wrote: Yeah I don't think you were being disrespectful and you weren't the one who posted the dog picture.  I think Burfict needs a disciplinarian like Zimmer was.  He has gotten out of control since Guenther took over.  The leg twisting, head hits, etc. happened after Zimmer left.

We were discussing the exact same thing at work yesterday.  I LOVE Vontaze Burfict.  He just needs to play a tad more controlled to get the refs off his back.  Otherwise , no complaints from me.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote

Amen brother!
Reply/Quote
(01-19-2016, 11:18 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: Good God, people act like Burfict runs around and gets 3 personal fouls per game.  He's NOT THAT BAD!!!  

I would even argue that he's come a long way in keeping himself together since college.  Sure, he has an occasional lapse in judgment, but he certainly makes up for it the intensity and fire that he brings to the defense.  With Burfict on the field, this defense is one of the best, if not the best, in the NFL.

All these media types were talking about how unstoppable Pittsburgh's offense was.  Well, the scored 10 points at home against the Bengals and 18 in the playoffs.  Burfict may not be the best player on the defense, but he definitely takes the D to another level.

Big reason why he went undrafted instead of in the first round.

People want (expect?) him to be Luke Keuchly...if he was Luke Keuchly, he would have been drafted and drafted early.

Even though he wasn't your typical undrafted player, it's pretty awesome to get such a good player who was a UDFA.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(01-20-2016, 12:03 AM)BonnieBengal Wrote: Yeah I don't think you were being disrespectful and you weren't the one who posted the dog picture.  I think Burfict needs a disciplinarian like Zimmer was.  He has gotten out of control since Guenther took over.  The leg twisting, head hits, etc. happened after Zimmer left.

When I watched the highlights on "Inside the NFL", I was really surprised.  Marvin was in his ear a lot... telling him he needed to keep his cool, that he needed to maintain composure, that the team needed him to be focused.  It really looked like there is a great deal of effort put forth to keep him in line. I agree that he probably needs more of a hard ass rather than a "player's coach".

I also wonder how much of it has to do with him getting the big contract. As an UDFA, he was not getting paid much and knew he had to try to put his college reputation behind him if he ever wanted the big payday. I really think this is just who he is... great player, physically gifted, but is also going to do boneheaded things.
Reply/Quote
(01-19-2016, 09:37 PM)Thundercloud Wrote: If he gets Burfict to play under control without losing his fire, we'll have an elite defense.

He just needs to be tweaked enough to get him to play within the rules like Luke Kuechly.
Reply/Quote
If we cut Burfict today he would be coveted by the vast majority of NFL teams. We can't forget he's an All Pro player. For all the on field news we haven't heard even a whisper of off field issues. He seems well liked by his team mates and coaches. Getting him to play under control should not be hard to fix with the right people in place.

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(01-20-2016, 01:19 PM)pally Wrote: If we cut Burfict today he would be coveted by the vast majority of NFL teams.   We can't forget he's an All Pro player.  For all the on field news we haven't heard even a whisper of off field issues.  He seems well liked by his team mates and coaches.  Getting him to play under control should not be hard to fix with the right people in place.

Exactly.  Really, we're just talking about dialing it back one click.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote