Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Burfict wins lol
http://steelerfury.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=5884&sid=3759fa172fa8eceae37bcd85807ddb1c

They want realignment to a new division and another recommends they forfeit all bengals games as long as burfict and marvin are around lol

Quote:Rocco
Post subject: Re: Something To Worry About Next SeasonPostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2016 7:53 pm

I have this same worry. Cinci (burfict) has taken it to another level. Has it ever happened before that a single player has injured four stars (bell, bell again, ben, antonio) on another team? Add to that the potential for even worse, with cinci players wandering onto the field whenever they want and fans throwing stuff.
I think rooney should say, we will not play bengals until burfict and marvin lewis are gone. We will forfeit if necessary. We have a better chance of a successful season with two losses and healthy ben, bell, brown than with one loss (assume under normal circumstances we would split) and injuries.
I'm serious.

Quote:Author Message
LakecrestSteeler
Post subject: Something To Worry About Next SeasonPostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2016 4:45 pm

The way this Cinci rivalry has developed, it is now on par, from a violence and pain perspective, with the Ravens. Can we afford to have 4 of these types of games a year? The Ravens games always felt that no matter if you won you lost. It always felt for both teams that they were out of gas for the following week's game or missing key players due to injuries, especially if it is a Thursday game.

Now we add 2 more to the mix, at least for next year, and it spells a pretty significant hurdle.

Just proves that New England has 2 extra SB titles because of the shitty division they are in, and between Baltimore and Pitt, we are probably both short 1 or 2 championships due to this division's violence and competition level. Of course I am biased and admittedly only periodically watch other games in their entirety. But i do not hear Phil Simms or the talking heads talking about other games like they do the Ravens/Pitt games, and now they will surely be saying the same things next year as they move these into prime-time if I were to guess.

We can worry about that next year, but maybe they should consider a divisional realignment at this point.

Top Profile  
Reply/Quote
Hilarious

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I totally endorse the forfeit idea

As far as Vontaze and Marvin go..............get used to it sqeeler fan..........you started this and we are gonna finish it

WHO DEY Vontaze and Adam Jones..............glad you play for my team.....plz sign long term........take every shot you get, every game you play these girls

I hope works his magic and Duke T finds 3 more just like 'em in this years draft
Reply/Quote
It cracks me up how much Steelers fans lack self awareness. Their coaches.. COACHES have gotten in trouble like 4 times on the field in the last 3 years.

Don't even get me started on the plethora of dirty shit their players do and have done for decades. Other teams have just finally had enough of their shit and decide to give a little back and all of a sudden they are all shellshocked. Nevermind that in the last two games, they've taken out more players (Eifert, Gio) than the Bengals have (Brown).

Them blaming Burfict for Bell is like us blaming anyone at all for Chris Perry. RBs with fragile knees are injury prone. It happens.

- - - - -

I wonder at what point (if ever) they'll look at the Bengals, the Ravens, and now the Broncos, and realize there just MAAAAAY be a common denominator. Now we just need Hue Jackson's Browns to stop letting James Harrison murder all their players on the field and the Steelers will be reaping what they've been sowing for a long time now.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
Man I was hoping that his suspension got reduced.

But it is nice to see the fear he's putting in Steelers fans lol
[Image: 85d8232ebbf088d606250ddec1641e7b.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2016, 01:47 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: It cracks me up how much Steelers fans lack self awareness. Their coaches.. COACHES have gotten in trouble like 4 times on the field in the last 3 years.

Don't even get me started on the plethora of dirty shit their players do and have done for decades. Other teams have just finally had enough of their shit and decide to give a little back and all of a sudden they are all shellshocked. Nevermind that in the last two games, they've taken out more players (Eifert, Gio) than the Bengals have (Brown).

Them blaming Burfict for Bell is like us blaming anyone at all for Chris Perry. RBs with fragile knees are injury prone. It happens.

- - - - -

I wonder at what point (if ever) they'll look at the Bengals, the Ravens, and now the Broncos, and realize there just MAAAAAY be a common denominator. Now we just need Hue Jackson's Browns to stop letting James Harrison murder all their players on the field and the Steelers will be reaping what they've been sowing for a long time now.

Hue will have them head hunting the steelers soon enough. He knows what the deal is ....
Reply/Quote
What a joke...is it April fools yet? lol
[Image: 1jKEzj4.png]
Formerly known as Judge on the Bengals.com message board.
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2016, 02:10 AM)Aquapod770 Wrote: Man I was hoping that his suspension got reduced.

But it is nice to see the fear he's putting in Steelers fans lol

Lol it will man . No way 3 games sticks. Down to 1. his hit wasn't even bad.
Reply/Quote
This recurring argument that they are now getting a taste of their own medicine is a joke. The Steelers can play dirty, but they are dirty in a strategic way. Our guys play like dirty thugs, and it costs us a playoff game. The Steelers win, and win in the playoffs a lot.
This post brought to you by the Cincinnati Bengals. Proud leaders in squandering opportunity, since 1969.
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2016, 02:17 AM)Utts Wrote: This recurring argument that they are now getting a taste of their own medicine is a joke. The Steelers can play dirty, but they are dirty in a strategic way. Our guys play like dirty thugs, and it costs us a playoff game. The Steelers win, and win in the playoffs a lot.

Bah.....humbug.  I enjoyed the shit out of watching us pummel those pricks.....without hiding our intentions.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
In related news, Pittsburgh has announced its new motto, "Pittsburgh: We can dish it out, but we can't take it."
Reply/Quote
I support a realignment. Switch us with the Colts.
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2016, 02:17 AM)Utts Wrote: This recurring argument that they are now getting a taste of their own medicine is a joke. The Steelers can play dirty, but they are dirty in a strategic way. Our guys play like dirty thugs, and it costs us a playoff game. The Steelers win, and win in the playoffs a lot.

Like their center launching himself through the air with a full head of steam and bulldozing into a safety's head after the play is over? He got fined $23k for that.

Antonio Brown jumping front kicks a punter in the face? Tiny fine.
Steelers player blindside block breaks a punter's jaw? Tiny fine.
Linebacker tries to murder a running back with his head? Probably no fine.
Safety takes out the TE they can't cover with a helmet shot to the side of the head? 23k.
HC tries to trip a returner and prevents a TD from happening? No suspension, no loss of draft picks, just a 100k fine.

They're not strategic at all. The NFL front office just is busy blowing them and letting them get away with everything/slap on the wrists because their owner picked the Commissioner.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
Na we all lose after what Hill did Saturday including Tez idk if I can ever forgive Jeremy but as a bengals fan for life I'm use to it especially all the times I got fed up with Marv I just hope one day God will forgives for whatever sins we made and let us go on idk I'm waated and I'm not even religious but if there is a god then he needs to let go of cincy cuz I die a little every year
Who Dey!!!

Reply/Quote

Did you watch the game?

Steelers did play dirty and if refs threw flags on em, it would have cost THEM the game idiot. Examples you say? Porter should have gotten a flag which would have negated Pacmans flag and Shaziers dirty hit should have gotten a 15 yard penalty which gives us at least a field goal which changes everything in the end.

Watch the game Utts.
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2016, 01:19 AM)StLucieBengal Wrote: http://steelerfury.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=5884&sid=3759fa172fa8eceae37bcd85807ddb1c

They want realignment to a new division and another recommends they forfeit all bengals games as long as burfict and marvin are around lol

I totally support the Steelers forfeiting their games to us.  But seriously I would love a realignment.  Put us in the AFC South.  
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2016, 01:19 AM)StLucieBengal Wrote: http://steelerfury.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=5884&sid=3759fa172fa8eceae37bcd85807ddb1c

Technically, the Bengals are further south than the Colts...I'd happily see the Bengals play in the AFC South ThumbsUp
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(01-15-2016, 06:02 AM)Element Wrote: Did you watch the game?

Steelers did play dirty and if refs threw flags on em, it would have cost THEM the game idiot. Examples you say? Porter should have gotten a flag which would have negated Pacmans flag and Shaziers dirty hit should have gotten a 15 yard penalty which gives us at least a field goal which changes everything in the end.

Watch the game Utts.

Technically, the Porter thing would've negated the Burfict penalty had the refs flagged it immediately.
Our father, who art in Hell
Unhallowed, be thy name
Cursed be thy sons and daughters
Of our nemesis who are to blame
Thy kingdom come, Nema
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2016, 02:14 AM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Lol it will man .  No way 3 games sticks.   Down to 1.   his hit wasn't even bad.

I don't think it will either but if it does the next time Mike Mitchell clears somebody's sinuses he better get 3 games also - a repeat offender you know.  The NFLPA better fight for Burfict or the precedent will be set to have lots of great players sitting for long periods of time.

And I'm not indicating Mitchell is a great player, he's not, but there are great players who make contact to the head of other players all the time.

I love Burfict and his attitude on the filed.  All he needs to do is cut down the BS and he'll be fine.  No problems with the hits but the ankle twists and away from the ball cheap shots are causing him to be put under the microscope on every play.  Ass clowns like Jim Nantz and Phil Simms then make mountains out of molehills when he hits someone.
Reply/Quote
I know someone who is a Pitt fan and they actually said it was an embarrassment how the Stoolers conducted themselves... they said we should have done better at controlling the penalties and not overreacting but at least they admitted their team had a lot to do with it... We should have taken care of business... ourselves and I hope this is what we focus on from a footballs stand point.
Reply/Quote