Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Burfict wins lol
(01-15-2016, 10:30 AM)BigPapaKain Wrote: Technically, the Porter thing would've negated the Burfict penalty had the refs flagged it immediately.

So True.   Great Point and thought this as well. 
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2016, 02:23 AM)hitchopottimus Wrote: In related news, Pittsburgh has announced its new motto, "Pittsburgh: We can dish it out, but we can't take it."

ROFLMAO.

IMHO, the league ... with a few simple rule changes ... can get this "cheap shot" shit under control.

1. Make sure the refs completely understand what "leading with the crown of the helmet" really is.
2. Make sure all referees completely understand what is (and isn't) a "defenseless" receiver.
3. Make all plays that constitute 1 & 2 above reviewable and/or challengable. Maybe even give coaches an additional              "special challenge" to be used ONLY to challenge 1 or 2 above.
4. If a player receives a flag for violating 1 or 2 above, they receive a "yellow card" ... similar to soccer.
    a. once a player receives 2 yellow cards (whether or not it is the same game), they receive a "red card" and are ejected         from the current game and can not play in the next game.
    b. when a player receives 2 red cards, he is ejected from the current game AND suspended for the remainder of                      the season.

The above would be very easy to implement and should be considered by the NFL, especially if they are serious about "player safety". In addition, players get 3 chances to "clean up their act" because the 4th time, they're gone for the season. 
Reply/Quote
Haha this is brilliant, the big bad Steelers literally ran away from us on the field after the game, and now their fans wish to do the same.

We've been getting them back recently for all the injuries they've given our players, so some of the ones we're giving them is pure karma. I wouldn't like to see it continue, but I hope we continue to play them really physically. Turn the tide.
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2016, 02:14 AM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Lol it will man .  No way 3 games sticks.   Down to 1.   his hit wasn't even bad.

I hope you're right.  But with Tez doing the negotiating it is not likely to change.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2016, 04:04 PM)3wt Wrote: I hope you're right.  But with Tez doing the negotiating it is not likely to change.

With Tez doing the negotiating it could turn into a season...

(Yes, I'm kidding)
Reply/Quote
Maybe the league should come down on the refs instead of the players.
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
(01-15-2016, 02:20 AM)Wyche Wrote: Bah.....humbug.  I enjoyed the shit out of watching us pummel those pricks.....without hiding our intentions.

Absolutely. And there's no way to be "strategic" about it when the steelers have full NFL referee support.
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2016, 01:25 AM)WychesWarrior Wrote: Hilarious

dumb sumb steeler fans...

Reggie Nelson took bell out last year Burfict wasnt even playing.
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2016, 02:10 AM)Aquapod770 Wrote: Man I was hoping that his suspension got reduced.

But it is nice to see the fear he's putting in Steelers fans lol

if they dont reduce suspension ill put money on it we play the steelers in one of the 1st 3 games when lately they have both been 2nd half of the season deals.
Reply/Quote
I really hope the league tries to be cute and schedule Bengals/Steelers for Week 3 only to have the appeal reduce the suspension. I'd laugh my ass off.
Reply/Quote
Didn't Nelson injure Bell the first time? Seen a few different places were people are saying Burfict injured him twice.

"Steelers Fury" LOL More like Steelers furiously pissing down their leg at the thought of playing us again and they won the game.
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2016, 06:16 PM)CageTheBengal Wrote: Didn't Nelson injure Bell the first time? Seen a few different places were people are saying Burfict injured him twice.

"Steelers Fury" LOL More like Steelers furiously pissing down their leg at the thought of playing us again and they won the game.

Yes - Nelson hurt him last season by hitting him in the front of the knee.
Our father, who art in Hell
Unhallowed, be thy name
Cursed be thy sons and daughters
Of our nemesis who are to blame
Thy kingdom come, Nema
Reply/Quote
steeler fans are scared of Burfict.
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2016, 06:09 PM)hitchopottimus Wrote: I really hope the league tries to be cute and schedule Bengals/Steelers for Week 3 only to have the appeal reduce the suspension. I'd laugh my ass off.

Wouldn't surprise me whatsoever that the league schedules the Bengals/Steelers games as games 1 & 3.
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2016, 07:14 PM)PV Bengal Wrote: Wouldn't surprise me whatsoever that the league schedules the Bengals/Steelers games as games 1 & 3.

I think we can guarantee a late game. They might be forced to change up the schedule and replace the Ravens usual week 17 into the steelers.

As for the first one the networks will want a Sunday or Monday night game week after he is back.
Reply/Quote
I ***** love it. They're worried because now we are doing the bullying and they know as long as we have guys like Burfict they are going to leave ***** hurting each game. Rock On
Reply/Quote
I'll be pissed of it does not get reduced by atleast one game . Look at what Suh has done and he's never gotten a 3 game suspension . U wanna protect pussburgh then fine make it the 1st game or the 2nd
Reply/Quote
I hope we stay in the division just the way we are so we can lay the law down on Pittsburgh year after year and keep winning the division year after year. If the we go one and done till the end of time it'd be worth it to keep pissburg from getting the division title.
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Burfict may have lost the battle, but definitely won the war....With Bell out, Brown out and Big Ben with a separated shoulder...Oh yeah and no D Williams...

Burfict to the Broncos: You're welcome.
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2016, 12:10 AM)grampahol Wrote: I hope we stay in the division just the way we are so we can lay the law down on Pittsburgh year after year and keep winning the division year after year. If the we go one and done till the end of time it'd be worth it to keep pissburg from getting the division title.

Agreed. The tide is turning on the intimidation line. We just keep winning.
Reply/Quote