Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Burfict.
Cincy Jungle is reporting that Burfict looked good at Marvin's golf tournament Sunday, crushing his drives off the tee.

http://www.cincyjungle.com/2015/5/17/8617851/vontaze-burfict-looking-better-in-first-public-appearance
Miss Otis regrets she's unable to lunch today.
Reply/Quote
Read something in an article about how he may start the season on the PUP. Not sure our defense would be able to sustain that so early in the season.
Formerly w8ing 4 '08
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(05-14-2015, 02:33 AM)treee Wrote: I don't know but they're definitely keeping it under wraps. I'm personally all for saving him for later in the season. If he's not 100 percent put him on PUP.

My thoughts exactly.
Well your honor, we've plenty of hearsay and conjecture, those are kinds of evidence. - Lionel Hutz
Reply/Quote
I'm much more concerned about his concussions than his knee.
Reply/Quote
(05-13-2015, 04:52 PM)Ravage Wrote: With micro-fracture surgery I personally would prefer the team to err on the side of caution and make certain he's 100% ready to go. If he starts on PUP or even the designated to return IR, I'd be fine with that. Not even just out of concern for the knee, but also the more time he has to get his head straight after the concussions, the better. 100% Tez is a monster, Tez that lasts a quarter and is woozy again isn't worth being active on game day.

The idea of him starting on the PUP, or even the 10 week "eligible to return from IR" position (praying we don't need it for anyone else) is just fine with me. I keep saying the same thing: Prepare for the postseason. Have the rotation in place on the defensive line, even if Hunt or Clarke struggle early, to have everyone fresh and ready for the postseason. Have a rotation in the RB corps...give Burkhead some targets to keep Gio fresh. Use all of the TEs and WRs. Get the entire team ready for the postseason.

If Burfict isn't 100%, he needs to be rested and prepped for (say it with me) the postseason.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(05-19-2015, 07:53 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: The idea of him starting on the PUP, or even the 10 week "eligible to return from IR" position (praying we don't need it for anyone else) is just fine with me.  I keep saying the same thing:  Prepare for the postseason.  Have the rotation in place on the defensive line, even if Hunt or Clarke struggle early, to have everyone fresh and ready for the postseason.  Have a rotation in the RB corps...give Burkhead some targets to keep Gio fresh.  Use all of the TEs and WRs.  Get the entire team ready for the postseason.

If Burfict isn't 100%, he needs to be rested and prepped for (say it with me) the postseason.

[Image: image.png?w=400&c=1]
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
(05-19-2015, 08:38 AM)Interceptor Wrote: [Image: image.png?w=400&c=1]

I don't get it.

Were you:

1.) Making fun of my use of the word "postseason"

2.) Doubting the Bengals would make the "postseason"

3.) Taking any opportunity to use a meme of one of the greatest meltdowns in NFL History?

I actually think it was even funnier toward the end of his rant when he said something to the effect of "We suck"
Reply/Quote
(05-19-2015, 09:19 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: I don't get it.

Were you:

1.) Making fun of my use of the word "postseason"

2.) Doubting the Bengals would make the "postseason"

3.) Taking any opportunity to use a meme of one of the greatest meltdowns in NFL History?  

I actually think it was even funnier toward the end of his rant when he said something to the effect of "We suck"

I thought him saying "Diddly poo" was hysterical.
Reply/Quote
I'm actually more concerned about AJ Green's turf toe. I've seen stats that say 50% of all athletes are still experiencing it 5 years after the first flare up. I know you have to play through the play, but I think it represents a hit to his value (instead of being the #2 NFL WR, he's merely top 10).

Reply/Quote

I have no idea. Not much being said about it.

All i know is i hope he does not come back too soon. This guy could be
the best in the league if he learned not to lead with his head so much.

With him and Paul Dawson our Linebacking core goes from one of the
worst to one of the best. That is how good these two could be.
Reply/Quote
I don't have any idea when he'll start to practice but I will be shocked if he doesn't start game 1.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
This was posted on Rotoworld today.

Quote:Per Geoff Hobson of the Bengals' official website, it's a "tight call" whether WLB Vontaze Burfict (knee) will be ready Week 1.

Our last update on Burfict came three months ago when the Bengals said they expect Burfict to be ready for the start of training camp. That's extremely optimistic with Burfict coming off microfracture surgery. Realistically, Burfict is about 50-50 to open the season on reserve/PUP. The Bengals have veterans Vincent Rey and A.J. Hawk as insurance along with third-round LB Paul Dawson.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
Honestly I hope they hold him out as long as possible to ensure that he can come back strong and he is 100%. There is no reason to rush him back, we have peeps that can cover his spot (not his skill level) until he can come back and rock this shit. (testing the profanity filter)
Be good or be good at I.T
Reply/Quote