Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Burficts Return Date?
Things have been quiet on this front, from his emotions and actions on the sidelines he doesn't seem to be limping/slow?

Whats the word on his return?
"We have been sentenced to life in the prison that is a Bengals fan and we are going to serve out our time"
Reply/Quote
He was PUP'd so it will at least be a few more weeks.
Reply/Quote
More importantly, I wonder how he's doing and if he physically should come back anytime soon?
Reply/Quote
He is getting paid some good money to sit

If he is not able to come back after week 6/8, I think the Bengals will unfortunately release him.

The writing will be on the wall...he only has 1 more year on his deal after this season.
Reply/Quote
(09-28-2015, 03:14 PM)Blake2Pickens Wrote: He is getting paid some good money to sit

If he is not able to come back after week 6/8, I think the Bengals will unfortunately release him.

The writing will be on the wall...he only has 1 more year on his deal after this season.

You bite your tongue.

He'll be back and we wouldn't risk losing a great player like him.

What makes you even think that he won't be able to return?
Reply/Quote
(09-28-2015, 03:14 PM)Blake2Pickens Wrote: He is getting paid some good money to sit

No chance. He is still only 25 and was, when healthy, an elite 4-3 OLB. He won't be released during this season, even if he never plays, he will just be IR'd.

Reply/Quote
Burfict is eligibile to return to the team for practice during our BYE week. or After the bills game
Reply/Quote

Um didn't he sign a 4 year extension just last year?
Reply/Quote

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/cincinnati-bengals/vontaze-burfict-/
Reply/Quote
(09-28-2015, 04:40 PM)spazz70 Wrote: http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/cincinnati-bengals/vontaze-burfict-/

Guess he's not going anywhere.  He'll be back when they feel he's ready, no need to push it anyway.
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-28-2015, 03:12 PM)GodFather Wrote: More importantly, I wonder how he's doing and if he physically should come back anytime soon?

Marvin said it was a close call whether or not to PUP him, which means he was close to ready at the end of the preseason, so he should be ready to go.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
Burfict will be back in September of 2016, barring any further setbacks.
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
He was just pretty much ready to go before the season started. They even said it was a really tough call whether to put him on the roster or on PUP because he was so close.

He will be ready to go day one that he is eligible to practice.
Reply/Quote
(09-28-2015, 08:59 PM)Joe Pong Wrote: He was just pretty much ready to go before the season started. They even said it was a really tough call whether to put him on the roster or on PUP because he was so close.

He will be ready to go day one that he is eligible to practice.

They  say a lot of things...  I remember people anxiously waiting for the bye week last year "cause Marvin Jones is gonna be back".  Back from the same injury that has Dez Bryant "out for 8 weeks" or whatever, and sidelined Julio Jones for the remainder of the season 2 yrs ago?  I see a lot of posts on here claiming the team's medical staff is incompetent when it comes to dealing with injuries.  When it comes to reporting injuries, I think the team is deceptive by choice.  Burfict had that surgery late in 2014.  I don't know any more than the rest of us, but my gut tells me Vontaze misses most, if not all of this season.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
Jason wrote "They say a lot of things... I remember people anxiously waiting for the bye week last year "cause Marvin Jones is gonna be back". Back from the same injury that has Dez Bryant "out for 8 weeks" or whatever, and sidelined Julio Jones for the remainder of the season 2 yrs ago? I see a lot of posts on here claiming the team's medical staff is incompetent when it comes to dealing with injuries. When it comes to reporting injuries, I think the team is deceptive by choice. Burfict had that surgery late in 2014. I don't know any more than the rest of us, but my gut tells me Vontaze misses most, if not all of this season."

I agree completely with your last sentence. He had knee surgery for Christ's sake. Granted, not as serious as Geno's, but serious nonetheless. Regardless of whether or not he plays this season, I don;t look for him to be his "old self" until 2016.
Reply/Quote
(09-28-2015, 03:26 PM)BritishBengal Wrote: No chance. He is still only 25 and was, when healthy, an elite 4-3 OLB. He won't be released during this season, even if he never plays, he will just be IR'd.

I think the issue in that statement is "when healthy".  He will have missed over a season's worth of games over a 2 year span by the time he comes back.  And while I know it is an exaggeration, it seemed like every game he did play in he found a way to knock himself out of it for chunks at a time.  At this point I feel he is a bonus to this team but not someone they should be relying on.
Reply/Quote
Isn't he on the IR designated to return list? So he has to be out until at least week 6 right?
Reply/Quote
(09-29-2015, 10:01 AM)ExtraRadiohead Wrote: Isn't he on the IR designated to return list? So he has to be out until at least week 6 right?

PUP is six weeks...

IR/Return is 8-10 weeks

burfict is on PUP in order to be on IR we would have had to cut him. or carry him onto the 53 then place him on IR meaning we would have had to cut someone else.
Reply/Quote
I almost completely forgot about Burfict, which is a good thing I guess.

Man our defense is going to be scary when he comes back.
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(09-28-2015, 09:48 PM)jason Wrote: They  say a lot of things...  I remember people anxiously waiting for the bye week last year "cause Marvin Jones is gonna be back".  Back from the same injury that has Dez Bryant "out for 8 weeks" or whatever, and sidelined Julio Jones for the remainder of the season 2 yrs ago?  I see a lot of posts on here claiming the team's medical staff is incompetent when it comes to dealing with injuries.  When it comes to reporting injuries, I think the team is deceptive by choice.  Burfict had that surgery late in 2014.  I don't know any more than the rest of us, but my gut tells me Vontaze misses most, if not all of this season.

I agree and disagree. We never heard from Marvin Jones during his entire injury fiasco. It was just rumor, speculation, and what the people in the organization were saying. 

There have been multiple interviews with Vontez talking about his injury and how he feels like he is progressing and getting ready to go. 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote