Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Burkhead
He needs more playing time. He runs harder than Hill, and hits the holes way faster. What do you all think?
Reply/Quote
Agreed. Hill sucks
Reply/Quote
And everyone handwaved me when I said we needed to move on from Hill and roll with Burkhead before the season started.

One of the joys this season is seeing just how right I was.
Reply/Quote
Agreed. Seems like Rex got 4-8 yards every time he touched it. He just runs really fast and hard at the hole and is decisive.

Hill dances around, runs into the back of a lineman...and gets tackled.
Reply/Quote
Burkhead runs behind the same offensive line and seems to have better production.
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
He is a nice scatback but I wouldn't want him to get 20 to 25 touches a game. He is a good back though and if Gio can't start next year wouldn't mind seeing him back.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(12-18-2016, 09:23 PM)THE Bigzoman Wrote: And everyone handwaved me when I said we needed to move on from Hill and roll with Burkhead before the season started.

One of the joys this season is seeing just how right I was.

Not me. I've been hating on Hill the entire season.
Reply/Quote
(12-18-2016, 10:10 PM)yellowxdiscipline Wrote: Burkhead runs behind the same offensive line and seems to have better production.

This is certainly true - but do not let this fact excuse the offensive line for their consistently horrible run blocking.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Would like to see him get more touches for sure.

But not sure how many more he can handle.

Not a workhorse type back.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
I am not going to say Burkhead is better than Hill at this point. I will say watching him run the last few weeks he looks much faster getting through whatever hole is there for him to run through. I am not saying anoint him the starter but why not just go with the hot hand in a game if it looks like one back is feeling it? Burkheads YPC has been better than Hills the last few games so why not let him run a little more? It may just be he has a fresh set of legs at this point. Why not at least take advantage of that? It really doesn't have to be a either or. Just play who is hot. Same goes for Hill......if he is going beast mode give him the carries.
Reply/Quote
(12-19-2016, 02:19 AM)hoosierbengal Wrote: I am not going to say Burkhead is better than Hill at this point. I will say watching him run the last few weeks he looks much faster getting through whatever hole is there for him to run through. I am not saying anoint him the starter but why not just go with the hot hand in a game if it looks like one back is feeling it? Burkheads YPC has been better than Hills the last few games so why not let him run a little more? It may just be he has a fresh set of legs at this point. Why not at least take advantage of that? It really doesn't have to be a either or. Just play who is hot. Same goes for Hill......if he is going beast mode give him the carries.

Good idea. However, Marvin is still the HC so it will be business as usual. Cry
Reply/Quote
I'm all for it at this point. At least see what he does with more carries. Why bother giving Hill 20+ carries over and over when he's averaging less than 2 ypc over the last 3 weeks? Something is clearly wrong there. Not that Hill was good at any point this season, but he's been straight up awful the last few weeks. They need to sit him down, but unfortunately the Bengals are way too slow to make changes (see Ogbuehi, Nugent and Marvin Lewis).
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
But, but...the offensive line only plays like crap when Hill is running the ball.
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(12-19-2016, 03:20 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I'm all for it at this point. At least see what he does with more carries. Why bother giving Hill 20+ carries over and over when he's averaging less than 2 ypc over the last 3 weeks? Something is clearly wrong there. Not that Hill was good at any point this season, but he's been straight up awful the last few weeks. They need to sit him down, but unfortunately the Bengals are way too slow to make changes (see Ogbuehi, Nugent and Marvin Lewis).

Way too slow is the exact problem the Bengals have had for our tenure as a fan under Marvin Lewis. Too slow to make cuts, too slow to start rookies, too slow to make in-game adjustments, too slow to win a playoff game. There can't possibly be another NFL team out there that would not have cut Marvin Lewis by this time. What is going on inside Mike Brown's head?
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Numbers do not lie. Right now Burkhead is our most productive back...
Reply/Quote
(12-18-2016, 09:13 PM)2slick Wrote: He needs more playing time. He runs harder than Hill, and hits the holes way faster. What do you all think?

I agree, he does nothing but make plays when given an opportunity. I'm tired of the same ol', same ol' with this team and it's coaching staff. Put in the damn players that are going to work their asses off and play hard.
Reply/Quote
(12-18-2016, 11:21 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: This is certainly true - but do not let this fact excuse the offensive line for their consistently horrible run blocking.

Not at all, but a lot of people are excusing Hills play as a result of our bad offensive line. I mean if Rex can get 5-6 yards per carry, then why cant Hill?

I hope to gawd they wise up and start giving Rex more carries.
Reply/Quote
I actually agree. He isnt the sexy running back, but he might honestly be better. Hill is trash.
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
I asked last week whether Rex is better than Hill and no one who posted agreed that he was.

I would not give Hill a big contract.
Reply/Quote
(12-19-2016, 10:23 AM)bengals67 Wrote: I asked last week whether Rex is better than Hill and no one who posted agreed that he was.

I would not give Hill a big contract.

Nope I wouldn't either. He's the one guy im terrified that Mike Brown will overpay to keep. We could do better for a one trick pony running back.
Reply/Quote