Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Burkhead >Hill
(12-27-2016, 01:51 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Say what you want, the kid does not get denied a 4rd and short.... Burkhead has earned a spot in the rotation...

In fact, I just read that Burkhead, since replacing Gio, has averaged 4.5 YPC and has not been denied ONCE on 3rd and 1.  

I think a bigger back is needed and I liked what I saw out of Tre Carson in the preseason, but Hill should be released.  I know he has been "banged up" but I see a lot of guys that are banged up that play a lot harder than he does.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-25-2016, 12:38 PM)Whacked Wrote: If the coaches don't see this and use this - they are more stupid than I thought.

Agreed.
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(12-26-2016, 12:02 AM)BengalChris Wrote: In 2010 we passed on Dez Bryant and took Gresham instead. Agreed

In 2012 we passed on DeCastro, traded down and took Zeitler.  I was thinking the same at the beginning of the season, but Zeitler has played lights out the last half of the season and looked (IMHO) better than DeCastro.  Plus he's a good guy and DeCastro (whether provoked or not) is a dirty player. 

In this draft we also took Devon Still in the 2nd and passed on LB Levonte David, and we took Sanu in the 3rd while passing on WR TY Hilton.  Agreed - especially on the Still pick

In 2013 we passed on LeVon Bell and took Gio Bernard instead. Gio was a pretty darn good pick and we already had a good big back.   No one knew how good Laveon was going to be.

In 2013 we also selected Margus Hunt in the 2nd round passing on many other better players.  I couldn't find too many really good players after Hunt.

Of course hindsight might be 20/20, except that nobody except the Bengals placed Bernard ahead of Bell and many Bengals fans wanted Bryant over Gresham. We also wanted DeCastro over Zeitler.
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2016, 03:01 PM)CanadianBengal Wrote: The Bengals drafts have been widely praised every year but the production on the field, especially the last few years has been iffy. Hard to say whether the drafts have been over rated or the coaches haven't developed the players. I think the limited playing time for rookies hurts their development.  Practise is not the same speed as games. I think basically not playing that first year sets them back in getting up to game speed. 

Of course Bodine blows this theory out of the water

Over the last 12 years this team has had more stinkin injuries that any team in nfl.so I am thinkin there is something so very wrong with coaching,training,and anything else you can think of that affects a player.I mean,come on man,this franchise has some insider problems we do not consider and it effects the injuries of these players,i mean,look at the ton of injuries that past 12 years,its just insane.SOMETHING IS WRONG WITH THIS PICTURE.SOMEONE NEEDS TO FIND IT AND FIX IT.
Reply/Quote
(12-25-2016, 01:11 PM)motoarch Wrote: The guy has been as reliable in the pinch as we could ever hope for but have we seen enough to think he's really better as a full time guy?

It's worth questioning since your third string RB has a whole yard more per carry more avg than your starter.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
Reply/Quote