Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Burma's 6am draft
Ok gents, I am kind of disinterested in the draft this year, much more than normal. But I did put together a spreadsheet averaging multiple big boards, prospect rankings, and whom the Bengals have visited/worked out.  I was bored…

So, why not use it to mock a draft. 

One thing; this mock is based around Marvin mentioning a willingness to trade down, and the Broncos need for a QB.  Rumor has it that Paxton Lynch is the object of their desire as he is a great fit for their offense, and they fear Kansas City snatching him up at 28. 

The Trade
The Bengals send their 1st round pick to the Broncos for their 1st, 3rd, 5th (144), 5th (157), a +45.7 trade value for the Bengals which reflects the Broncos, desperation, and win now mode.

The Draft
{Ranking} = the average ranking from the system mentioned above
1st (31):  Andrew Billings, DT, Baylor {ranking 34th}
2nd (55):  Sterling Shepherd, WR, Oklahoma {54th}
3rd (87):  Max Tuerk, C/G/T USC {ranking 85th}
3rd (94):  Miles Killebrew, SS, Southern Utah {ranking 94th}
4th (122): Malcolm Mitchell, WR, Georgia {ranking 126th}
5th (144): Matt Ioannidis, DT, Boston College {ranking 142nd}
5th (157): Eric Murray, CB, Minnesota {ranking 158th}
5th (161): Tajae Sharpe, WR, UMass {ranking 166th}
6th (199): Josh Forrest, LB, Kentucky {ranking 203rd}
7th (245): Spencer Drango, G/T, Baylor (247th}

Given that the trade was manufactured the players whose rankings fall within those pick ranges are incredibly in line with what the Bengals need. So, cool.  Make it happen.

Oh, here’s a quick look at what the draft could look like based on rankings without the trade.

1.  Will Fuller, WR, Notre Dame {ranking 26.5}
2.  Hassan Ridgeway, DT, Texas {ranking 55th}
3. Max Tuerk, C/G/T USC {ranking 85th}
4. Malcolm Mitchell, WR, Georgia {ranking 126th}
5. Eric Murray, CB, Minnesota {ranking 158th}
6. Josh Forrest, LB, Kentucky {ranking 203rd}
7. Spencer Drango, G/T, Baylor (247th}

Either way it appears that we can get solid contributors at every position of need even without the trade.  Maybe.  We’ll see.

Fueled by satanism, violence, and sodomy, dinosaurs had little chance to survive as a species.

Reply/Quote
I like both scenarios.

I like everyone in the 2nd scenario but Ridgeway.  I'm not a fan.   Other than that I'd be happy with both.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote