Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Burney, Haslett and Coyle
I can really feel the positive impact they've had on our defense. Ninja

No wonder all of these guys were canned before Guenther brought them in. Between all of their experience our defense looks like hot garbage.

London Fletcher was right Haslett sucks.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/12/07/london-fletcher-tees-off-on-jim-haslett/
Reply/Quote
I tend to give Coyle a pass. I mean, he did manage to develop Hall and Joseph into pretty great players when he was here in his first tenure. Maybe he's lost something, maybe these guys just aren't Hall and Joseph's caliber talent-wise.

As far as Haslett, I haven't heard much good about him since his New Orleans days. Not liking much of anything I'm seeing from the linebackers this year. To be fair though, two of our starters and alleged team leaders came in fat and out of shape. Not exactly top notch material to work with there. It's not like he fed those two lard asses Ben & Jerry's and put mousetraps on the treadmills. That's on Burfict and Maualuga alone. Maualuga in particular knows he's not the same player when he comes in overweight, but he did it anyway. Unacceptable. Then you have Dansby losing his battle with Father time rounding out the starting group.

Haslett may not be Mike Singletary or Marvin Lewis in his Ravens days, but he's been given some suspect materials to work with this season.
Reply/Quote
I've not been impressed at all which means other teams probably aren't going to be trying to get all our assistant coaches this year which means they'll probably be Bengals coaches till death do we part.
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Think Coyle knew he had problems this year and drafted CB in first round to try and alleviate it.

But Bengals jinx got him before we could find out how much he would help out.

But secondary should donate their salary to charity this week.

Maybe to the women abused by Big Ben fund.

Agree with gramps on this one though. Nobody will come calling for our coaches at this seasons end.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
I really think the Bengals scheme needs adjusted. It's built around weak zone coverage and getting pressure with the front 4.

When it doesn't get pressure, they blitz LB's...but WE HAVE NO LINE BACKERS THAT CAN PASS RUSH.
Reply/Quote
Throw em all in the Thames.
Reply/Quote
Burney was my favorite hire of the bunch. And so far he has led Dunlap Atkins and the entire DL into a regression.

Maybe retreads arent always the way to go. Works sometimes. Not looking good this go round.
Reply/Quote
Our defense is about as menacing as a docile kitten catching butterflys on a Summer day.
Reply/Quote
Our defense is about as intimidating as this kitten. Maybe they can cute the other team into submission.
Reply/Quote
(10-30-2016, 10:20 PM)grampahol Wrote: I've not been impressed at all which means other teams probably aren't going to be trying to get all our assistant coaches this year which means they'll probably be Bengals coaches till death do we part.

This is possibly the most astute assessment of all.

And the most depressing ....
Some say you can place your ear next to his, and hear the ocean ....

[Image: 6QSgU8D.gif?1]
Reply/Quote
Coyle is horrible, he plays his corners 10 yards off the wide outs,as I recall when we had him during the Carson years, I remember we got passed on all the time too. The only difference was we had Joseph and hall in their prime, so they would get some ints sometimes. His philosophy sucks. The d line has regressed and I'm not sure what to think of haslett because our linebackers are slow.
Reply/Quote