Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Burrow
So I know Burrow is a positive guy...but what do you think is going through his head as he sits at home and watches the Dolphins game on TV? That had to be one of the lows for the franchise.

He has to question Taylor and staff, right?

He has to be thinking, what have I gotten myself into?
Reply/Quote
He knew what the team was like before he came. I'm sure it's just painful to see them struggle and lose and know he can't even try to help them win. You develop relationships with the team and get hurt, and I doubt he even feels like his team let him down in any way. He probably feels like he's letting them down. If anything, I bet it lights the fire for him to come back strong next year and show what they're missing without him.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I feel like the guys we draft come in optimistic that they can turn things around...until reality hits.
Reply/Quote
When rehab starts, he may thinking about forcing a trade. I know I would be at least considering it. This stop in Cincinnati could be a career killer.
"Our offensive line is going to surprise a lot of people" - Mike Brown (7-26-21)
Reply/Quote
I think it will take him several more years to get disgruntled enough to do that.
Reply/Quote
Burrow knows the players, and when it comes out that players were trashing on Lou's communication issues, I have to think he is well aware that the team isnt as warm and fuzzy as Zac likes to make it out to be. Its hard to tell what he thinks of ZT as a HC, but he does seem to like the plays. Its hard to tell what he thinks of Turner, but I would imagine not many players have faith in him. Burrow is smart enough to know that his OL stinks and the defense loses games that he gave us a chance to win.
Reply/Quote
(12-08-2020, 10:58 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: So I know Burrow is a positive guy...but what do you think is going through his head as he sits at home and watches the Dolphins game on TV? That had to be one of the lows for the franchise.

No. I don't believe he thinks that way.

He was probably watching the film thinking "shit man. i would have lit them up". 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
He thinks what F'kin idiots are coaching and if he can continue to fake going along with the program if Zac and company are back....

Meanwhile his father is calling Loyds Of London and insuring his son's body parts..
Reply/Quote
(12-08-2020, 11:22 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: No. I don't believe he thinks that way.

He was probably watching the film thinking "shit man. i would have lit them up". 

Yep exactly. He probably was wishing he was out there to help the guys. Guy is a dawg, he probably was itching to fight too lol
Reply/Quote
We all know what he's thinking.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
I don't think Burrow is going to demand a trade or anything, but the fact that he's a hometown kid who grew up as a Saints fan tells me he's been aware of this franchise's issues for a while.
Reply/Quote
(12-08-2020, 11:59 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: Yep exactly. He probably was wishing he was out there to help the guys. Guy is a dawg, he probably was itching to fight too lol

He's not a robot. He was 2-7-1 here. We havent scored a point in the 3rd quarter since week 7.

We had what 9 points at halftime against Wash and their pass rush was getting home.

Hard to say we win any of the last 3.
Reply/Quote
(12-09-2020, 01:09 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: He's not a robot. He was 2-7-1 here. We havent scored a point in the 3rd quarter since week 7.

We had what 9 points at halftime against Wash and their pass rush was getting home.

Hard to say we win any of the last 3.

Can't claim to get in the kid's head, but the competitive spirit always makes you believe you can be a difference.  To keep proving, keep improving.  I can't imagine he's feeling anything other than wanting to be back on the field to prove himself.  And now he's going to want to prove he can come back from an injury on top of it all.  The fact he's not a robot is exactly why he most likely has feelings like that.  I doubt he dwells on his 10 games as defining what he can do with this team.  I just can't see him giving up or being glad he wasn't out there.  But anything's possible.  I've never spent any time with him to have a single clue what actually goes through his head.  
Reply/Quote
Most likely thinking: How many threads can JN start about the same shit.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(12-08-2020, 11:04 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: I feel like the guys we draft come in optimistic that they can turn things around...until reality hits.

Willie mentioned this not too long ago on Twitter. He said that when Carson came in, he walked up to Willie and told him that they were going to turn Cincinnati around. Willie kinda laughed because he'd heard that from so many other rookies and younger players.

It's just the nature of football. When young guys come in not believing something like that, they usually get eaten up or not popular in the locker room.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(12-09-2020, 01:33 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Most likely thinking: How many threads can JN start about the same shit.

Winner!   /thread.
Reply/Quote
(12-08-2020, 11:08 PM)2MinutesHate Wrote: When rehab starts, he may thinking about forcing a trade.  I know I would be at least considering it.   This stop in Cincinnati could be a career killer.

Interesting that if you were a player you'd be considering forcing a trade.  Yet as a "fan" you're sticking around.  
Reply/Quote
If ZT is gone I will support this organization
Reply/Quote
(12-08-2020, 10:58 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: So I know Burrow is a positive guy...but what do you think is going through his head as he sits at home and watches the Dolphins game on TV? That had to be one of the lows for the franchise.

From what I know about Joe Burrow, he is not worrying about what he has gotten himself in to but how he is going to get this team on top.  NO ONE saw what LSU became on offense with him.  NO ONE.  They were a perennial turd on offense that had a strong defense.  He helped changed that entirely.  He will do the same thing here.  

Nothing has changed for him.  He is still on a journey and it won't end without a title.  
Reply/Quote
My instinct is this organization will have their work cut out for them convincing him to re-sign.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote