Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Burrow 1st game predictions
I'm drinking the koolaid 100% I am gonna say, 25-32 326 yrds and 4 TDs 0 ints.. I just have that feeling he's gonna keep rolling. Everyone expects struggles and average to below average play, not me. IF the Oline is even half decent I will go out on a limb and say his skill players are top 5 in the NFL.. I see a quick turnaround from last year. People will realize how average Dalton really was..
Reply/Quote
We are going to come out hard running with Mixon. Chargers have a good front 7 so that’s a toss up. If Burrow throws over 30 times I’m going to assume it’s because we’re losing by multiple scores early. I’d love it if he goes 16-24 with 2 TDS and no INT. I’m going to call it now and predict the calling card for Burrow his rookie year will be his ability to stay away from interceptions. If Burrow gets close to 12 INT this season I’ll be surprised
Reply/Quote
(09-12-2020, 02:28 PM)Housh Wrote: We are going to come out hard running with Mixon. Chargers have a good front 7 so that’s a toss up. If Burrow throws over 30 times I’m going to assume it’s because we’re losing by multiple scores early. I’d love it if he goes 16-24 with 2 TDS and no INT. I’m going to call it now and predict the calling card for Burrow his rookie year will be his ability to stay away from interceptions. If Burrow gets close to 12 INT this season I’ll be surprised
He's so smart and ahead of the curve for a rookie. I've never had this much confidence in a Rookie before.. I think we are gonna see him have one of the most amazing rookie seasons ever. The offense is in place already. Health and O-line are gonna be the factors..
Reply/Quote
I think he will have a pretty good game. 21/27 - 326 yards 2 TDs 0ints.

Have a feeling he is going to lean on Boyd a lot to start the year. They’ve had the most reps and he is someone Burrow can trust. I think Boyd gets 137 of those yards and a TD
Reply/Quote
(09-12-2020, 02:37 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: I think he will have a pretty good game. 21/27 - 326 yards 2 TDs 0ints.

Have a feeling he is going to lean on Boyd a lot to start the year. They’ve had the most reps and he is someone Burrow can trust. I think Boyd gets 137 of those yards and a TD

Uzomah has been getting alot of targets in training camp so I think he will be a bigger part of the receiving offense during the season.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-12-2020, 02:37 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: I think he will have a pretty good game. 21/27 - 326 yards 2 TDs 0ints.

It all hinges on the OL play. Mixon needs holes and and Burrow needs time. If that happens...I go with
20 for 28
300 yds
1 pick
2 sacks..
Bosa and Ingram will get to him
Reply/Quote
With A.J. out there drawing double teams, I see Burrow having a good day. If Zac plans this offensive scheme correctly and keeps the pass/run pretty even, I see Burrow with 23 for 30, 280yds passing, 35 yards rushing, 2TDs and 1 int. Boyd will receive the most attention.

Reply/Quote
Joe Burrow: 20/30, 300 Yards, 2 TD (1 Pass 1 Rush), 0 INT, 5 Sacks (Unfortunately)

(Joe Mixon: 135 Yards, 2 TD)
Reply/Quote
(09-12-2020, 01:51 PM)Tony Wrote: I'm drinking the koolaid 100% I am gonna say, 25-32 326 yrds and 4 TDs 0 ints.. I just have that feeling he's gonna keep rolling. Everyone expects struggles and average to below average play, not me. IF the Oline is even half decent I will go out on a limb and say his skill players are top 5 in the NFL.. I see a quick turnaround from last year. People will realize how average Dalton really was..

I have to temper my expectations and not jinx him Tony, cause I am too damn excited.

I will say 23-31 286 yards and 2 TD's 1 INT....

Mixon has a good day running the ball.

The only reason Burrow doesn't have a great one is because he gets hit cause the right side of the O-line is a question.

The thing is, this is not on Burrow's blind side, so he will see it coming. Still might have a great day who knows with this guy?
Reply/Quote
If he's 20 completions on around 30 attempts or less, about 250 yds a score or two, and only a turnover or none, then I'd say that means we'd win the game. Those would be good numbers for the rook.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
40-40 for 900 yards 8 passing TDs +150 yards on the ground with 2 rushing TD's.

After he's carried to the press conference by his teammates (like Xerxes in 300) he'll also announce it's been found that his blood carries the cure for Covid 19.
Reply/Quote
(09-12-2020, 08:43 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: 40-40 for 900 yards 8 passing TDs +150 yards on the ground with 2 rushing TD's.

After he's carried to the press conference by his teammates (like Xerxes in 300) he'll also announce it's been found that his blood carries the cure for Covid 19.

Dayum!

Reply/Quote
(09-12-2020, 08:46 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Dayum!

No shit!

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
I am going to predict a struggle by Burrow today. He had no preseason to prepare and this is his first real NFL game. I suspect Mixon will do a lot of running. 14-30 and 170 yards. We can still win the game though.
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
I'm gonna say we see some highs and some lows but overall Joe
Reply/Quote
Just a quick internet search shows that most 1st overall QB pics don't usually do well their first NFL game. So i am gonna say that he will probably go 15 for 31 with 2 TDs and 2 interceptions to start his Bengal career. Unfortunately, very few 1st overall pics win their first game either....yikes. I would be happy if he did as good as Carson Palmers first career start as he had a QB rating of 105.2, completing 18 of 27 passes for 248 yards, two touchdowns and a pick, but it wasn’t enough to net a win, as Cincy fell to the New York Jets, 31-24.
Reply/Quote
(09-13-2020, 10:25 AM)No-huddle Joe Wrote: Just a quick internet search shows that most 1st overall QB pics don't usually do well their first NFL game.  So i am gonna say that he will probably go 15 for 31 with 2 TDs and 2 interceptions to start his Bengal career.  Unfortunately,  very few 1st overall pics win their first game either....yikes.  I would be happy if he did as good as Carson Palmers first career start as he had a QB rating of 105.2, completing 18 of 27 passes for 248 yards, two touchdowns and a pick, but it wasn’t enough to net a win, as Cincy fell to the New York Jets, 31-24.

This is because the team picking first was the worst team in the league.

In Carson's case, he started for a middle of the road team that finished 8-8 the prior year...
Reply/Quote
Well we like to compare him to Andrew Luck so Luck's first start was....

14 for 28
191 yards
2 TD 0 INT

Hmm, I can see Burrow having a lot of boom and bust sort of games this year, so I'll expect something more like 3 TDs and an INT or two. I just want to see Burrow let-er-rip and learn.
Reply/Quote
No pre-season, limited camp going against Ingram/Bosa and Chris Harris/Casey Heyward. That is a formidable test for a rookie. I think Burrow will play well and show promise but I expect mistakes in his first live action.

19-32
249 yards
2 TDs
2 INTs
78 QB rating.
Reply/Quote
19 of 28
220 yards
1 TD
1 INT
3 sacks