Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Burrow-Chase Ranked Best QB-Receiver Combo!
They have been amazing to watch and they can do some AMAZING things, but I didn't realize that Burrow and Chase were ALREADY ranked the NFL's best QB-receiver combo!

This is UNREAL!

We all knew that they were good and were going to be something special, but already getting this much recognition in their first year together is INCREDIBLE!

Quote:Joe Burrow and Ja’Marr Chase have rejuvenated the Cincinnati Bengals, the current top seed in the AFC. While it’s been far from just those two that’ve aided the surging Bengals, they are responsible for a chunk of the team’s offensive production.

Chase has soared into the conversation as the NFL’s best receiver. As a rookie, he’s already secured a game of over 200 yards. He’s only 246 yards away from 1,000. It’s been an impressive season from the No. 5 overall pick.

But just how good has the combination of Burrow and Chase become?

Using assistance from Next Gen Stats to help justify his claims, NFL.com columnist Nick Shook had the duo between second-year quarterback Joe Burrow and wide receiver Ja’Marr Chase at the top of his list of QB-receiver combos.

Here’s what he said on the Queen City’s duo.

“The intensely debated decision between drafting a top tackle to protect Joe Burrow and selecting the quarterback’s old running mate at LSU feels like it happened years ago. Burrow and Chase have formed an incredibly explosive duo in their first seven games together in the NFL, racking up 754 yards and six touchdowns on 35 completions. For you math wizards at home, that’s an average of 21.5 yards per reception, an incredible clip that has Chase atop all pass catchers in the metric. It’s built on the big play, of course, with Burrow and Chase teaming up to record more yards (354), yards after catch (91) and touchdowns (4) on deep passes (20-plus air yards) than any other duo in the NFL this season.”
While Chase has been impressive, more praise needs to be heaped onto Burrow, who is coming off a season-ending injury. He’s thrown for 1,956 yards in seven games and has accrued 17 touchdowns as well.

Burrow’s the only quarterback in the league with multiple touchdowns in every game this season. Also, it’s important to talk about what Frank Pollack has done with the team’s offensive line. Rookie Jackson Carman has also stepped up in a big way, and veteran Quinton Spain is playing arguably the best football of his career.

Ultimately, it’s been a full team effort that’s propelled the Bengals into their 5-2 standing.

Carson was great with TJ, Chad, and Henry (RIP), but I don't remember them putting up these kinds of numbers and bringing this much attention to the team!

It's amazing to watch Ja'Marr and Joe and I don't know that I've seen a duo this good in recent memory and maybe ever!

Brady and Moss were good but that seems like it was only because of the deep ball but Burrow and Chase seem even more dangerous because they're so familiar with each other and can do so much more!

I'm gaining faith that they'll be good here for a long time and bring us multiple championships!

[u]WHO-DEY![/u]
Reply/Quote
Burrow and Chase have been incredible. Now it is time to cash in on when teams double Chase and open up other options. I hope Boyd or HIggins has a big day today.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Yeah, the only other two arguments are Stafford/Kupp and Rodgers/Adams this season. Regardless of any argument, Joey B and Chase are dominating.
Reply/Quote
(10-31-2021, 07:03 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Burrow and Chase have been incredible. Now it is time to cash in on when teams double Chase and open up other options. I hope Boyd or HIggins has a big day today.
I think CJ is also a huge beneficiary from this because safeties will try to stop Chase and the other receivers and then CJ kills them up the seam or on post routes because linebackers can’t cover him in the open field.

I also love it because, with their connection and abilities, they’ll still produce when being doubled!

There won’t be enough targets to go around!
(10-31-2021, 08:49 AM)KillerGoose Wrote: Yeah, the only other two arguments are Stafford/Kupp and Rodgers/Adams this season. Regardless of any argument, Joey B and Chase are dominating.

I don’t think anyone else in the league is explosive or as connected as these two, and yes I realize how bold of a statement that is.
Reply/Quote
This is outstanding!
[Image: 0bce84d522e2d0fd55ccab1dde1f4fbd.gif]
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-31-2021, 07:03 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Burrow and Chase have been incredible.  Now it is time to cash in on when teams double Chase and open up other options.  I hope Boyd or HIggins has a big day today.

Yes on Joe nd Chase....and I hope Tee steps up his game a notch..he has been a bit underwhelming this yr and has not developed into a long deep threat we all thought he might be. That said, if these 3 guys stay healthy (especially for Chase)  this team is going far this yr. My fear is we have no deep threat behind Chase.
I feel like bringing in a Deshaun Jackson type of WR may be a good idea heading into 2nd half of season 
Reply/Quote
(10-31-2021, 10:55 AM)BFritz21 Wrote: I don’t think anyone else in the league is explosive or as connected as these two, and yes I realize how bold of a statement that is.

Oh, for sure. I don't think that is debatable. There is an argument for Stafford and Kupp being a better pairing right now, but no one in the league is more explosive than Chase and Burrow through the first seven weeks. I posted this in my advanced analytics thread, but Kupp is averaging 12 adjusted yards per target whereas Chase is averaging over 17 adjusted yards per target. He is keeping pace with Kupp despite being targeted something like 30 times less. It's nuts. 
Reply/Quote
Can't see how you take anyone over Stafford+Cupp this year.

Cupp is 1st in receptions, receiving yards, and receiving TDs among all WRs.
Stafford has a better Comp%, more TDs, less INT, more yards, more YPA, and higher QB Rating than Burrow.

Burrow+Chase are likely 2nd which is still very very good.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote