Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Burrow Contract
https://www.foxbusiness.com/sports/lsu-joe-burrow-nfl-draft-contract-pay

Can anyone explain to me how the signing bonus thing works?

I mean, if we were to just give him a max contract and signing bonus, what would it be?

I just want to pay the man, have him sign, and move on to the next step.

No drama.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-22-2020, 05:07 PM)kdgjr Wrote: https://www.foxbusiness.com/sports/lsu-joe-burrow-nfl-draft-contract-pay

Can anyone explain to me how the signing bonus thing works?

I mean, if we were to just give him a max contract and signing bonus, what would it be?

I just want to pay the man, have him sign, and move on to the next step.

No drama.

His pay, signing bonus is already set by what position he gets drafted. There is no more holding out. The only things they agree to now are things like not surfing (Marriota) or riding motorcycles, etc.
Reply/Quote
(04-22-2020, 05:29 PM)Sled21 Wrote: His pay, signing bonus is already set by what position he gets drafted. There is no more holding out. The only things they agree to now are things like not surfing (Marriota) or riding motorcycles, etc.

Or spitting on officers, fighting in nightclubs, punching women in the face, etc.

Reply/Quote
Kyler Murray's was a 4 year 35.6mil with a 23.6mil signing bonus.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(04-22-2020, 05:29 PM)Sled21 Wrote: His pay, signing bonus is already set by what position he gets drafted. There is no more holding out. The only things they agree to now are things like not surfing (Marriota) or riding motorcycles, etc.

I think the amount of guaranteed money is still negotiable.
Reply/Quote
(04-22-2020, 06:14 PM)Jason_NC Wrote: I think the amount of guaranteed money is still negotiable.

I think that, too, but I can't find the parameters. What is a "max contract" with all of the stuff you can throw in like incentives and guaranteed money?
Reply/Quote
This really is the only thing that could hold a contract up now:

While the CBA sets out the bonus amount, it does not address payment terms on that bonus; that requires negotiation. And, as you would expect, agents want payout as early as possible and teams want as much deferral as they can negotiate
Reply/Quote
That’s the bad part. We get the #1 pick. But also get to have our front office negotiate his contract during covid 45.
Reply/Quote
(04-23-2020, 06:54 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: That’s the bad part. We get the #1 pick. But also get to have our front office negotiate his contract during covid 45.

COVID 45? I prefer Colt 45.
Reply/Quote
(04-23-2020, 07:45 PM)Chezaugie Wrote: COVID 45? I prefer Colt 45.

I think we all do
Reply/Quote