Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Burrow Detailed Article
https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/29030485/can-nfl-draft-lead-joe-burrow-bengals-another-ohio-revival

I did not realize he had a hand injury before losing job to Haskins.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(04-15-2020, 11:22 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/29030485/can-nfl-draft-lead-joe-burrow-bengals-another-ohio-revival

Great read! We can all be glad that Joe broke his hand and OSU named Haskins their QB. 
Reply/Quote
(04-15-2020, 11:22 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/29030485/can-nfl-draft-lead-joe-burrow-bengals-another-ohio-revival

Yeah, that's the thing I always bring up when people say that he couldn't beat out Haskins.  It wasn't a level playing field due to his injury prior to the competition.  I've also read several articles that said that people at OSU fully expected Burrow to beat Haskins out at some point during the year.

I don't blame him for leaving.  You only get 4 years to play college ball.
Reply/Quote
(04-15-2020, 01:56 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: Yeah, that's the thing I always bring up when people say that he couldn't beat out Haskins.  It wasn't a level playing field due to his injury prior to the competition.  I've also read several articles that said that people at OSU fully expected Burrow to beat Haskins out at some point during the year.

I don't blame him for leaving.  You only get 4 years to play college ball.

I may be wrong, but I don't think Haskins could beat out Burrow on any NFL team.

Life is about making great decisions, looks like Joe made a great decision to leave OSU for his football career.

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
Not sure how many people would be interested but there's a really good article on ESPN (I know, shocker) that talks a lot about Burrows history from grade school, high school, and through college. Includes comments from Munoz, Jonah Williams, Tobin and others. I thought it was a pretty interesting read and makes me a little more excited to have him and I've been a "bombing for Burrow, fan since like week 5 of the college season.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/29030485/can-nfl-draft-lead-joe-burrow-bengals-another-ohio-revival
Reply/Quote
(04-15-2020, 07:19 PM)TheSweetness Wrote: Not sure how many people would be interested but there's a really good article on ESPN (I know, shocker) that talks a lot about Burrows history from grade school, high school, and through college. Includes comments from Munoz, Jonah Williams, Tobin and others. I thought it was a pretty interesting read and makes me a little more excited to have him and I've been a "bombing for Burrow, fan since like week 5 of the college season.

That is article I posted??

But TY

Reply/Quote
(04-15-2020, 07:19 PM)TheSweetness Wrote: Not sure how many people would be interested but there's a really good article on ESPN (I know, shocker) that talks a lot about Burrows history from grade school, high school, and through college. Includes comments from Munoz, Jonah Williams, Tobin and others. I thought it was a pretty interesting read and makes me a little more excited to have him and I've been a "bombing for Burrow, fan since like week 5 of the college season.

Wow, like the kid more and more. This guy could carry us, I just hope he doesn't have to do it all.

Not fair to him, but with this Defensive Free Agency it shouldn't be all on Burrow. Let alone the Draft and the players Zac 
felt he needed to keep. We have some really good players and our O-line got better as the year went on in both PP and in 
run blocking. Even though LSU was voted to be the best OL in football last year I think that was more of Burrow making 
them look good and them being very good in run blocking. Burrow can take the pressure better than anyone I have seen
cause he can run unlike Brady.

Great article here, damn. Like hearing what Munoz, Jonah and Duke said about Burrow.

Have much hope for the future. Just hope the playcalling gets much better on Offense.
Reply/Quote
(04-15-2020, 09:07 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: That is article I posted??

But TY

Oh, guess TheSweetness just talked him into his more lol

Great article Luvnit, great. Rock On
Reply/Quote

We got the bomb part right.  Now, let's get the next part right.  And then let's get the part after that.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
You have to reach and i mean really reach hard to find something about Joe you don't like. I can't wait until next Thursday.
Reply/Quote
(04-15-2020, 09:07 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: That is article I posted??

But TY

Woops! I even glancedwced around to make sure it wasn't already posted because I figured someone would have. No idea how I missed this. Hah
Reply/Quote
All good.

At first I thought you were trying to prank me. Hilarious

Reply/Quote
It was my understanding that the hand injury was literally the reason Haskins won the job and that Burrow was the planned started before that injury.

Is that not the case?
Reply/Quote
(04-15-2020, 09:29 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: You have to reach and i mean really reach hard to find something about Joe you don't like. I can't wait until next Thursday.

The worst thing I could find (And people are definitely looking) is that in some old tweets he complained about NBA teams picking foreigners in the NBA draft.

https://homeofplaymakers.com/sports/joe-burrows-old-tweets-have-surfaced/

Oh, and he called Roger Goodell a joke (who can disagree?).

I'm fine with these tweets. Foreigners is a weird word to use, but it's not explicit or derogatory. 

He did tweet "These monkeys just goin to town" on the day before the Cavs selected Anthony Bennett first overall. Is this controversial? I have no idea who Anthony Bennett is or who he's calling a monkey. But he was also 17 years old, so...I hope he wasn't using it as a derogatory for black people, but without context it's hard to determine what he was trying to say...

The point is Burrow will be our QB and besides one tweet that may or may not have been racially controversial, Burrow seems to have very few flaws, weaknesses or concerning traits.
Reply/Quote
(04-16-2020, 12:26 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: The worst thing I could find (And people are definitely looking) is that in some old tweets he complained about NBA teams picking foreigners in the NBA draft.

I'm fine with these tweets. Foreigners is a weird word to use, but it's not explicit or derogatory. 

He did tweet "These monkeys just goin to town" on the day before the Cavs selected Anthony Bennett first overall. Is this controversial? I have no idea who Anthony Bennett is or who he's calling a monkey. But he was also 17 years old, so...I hope he wasn't using it as a derogatory for black people, but without context it's hard to determine what he was trying to say...

The point is Burrow will be our QB and besides one tweet that may or may not have been racially controversial, Burrow seems to have very few flaws, weaknesses or concerning traits.

Anthony Bennett is one of the biggest busts in NBA history, chiefly down to lack of effort and love of the game.

And he's from Toronto (facepalm).
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
Please tell me we’re not seriously digging up old tweets the guy made as a teenager...

Reply/Quote
(04-16-2020, 12:26 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: The worst thing I could find (And people are definitely looking) is that in some old tweets he complained about NBA teams picking foreigners in the NBA draft.

So what could be controversial standing in a zoo watching some monkeys run around and "going to town"????

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
The only thing I hate worse than Pittsburgh football...

...is Pittsburgh fans!!

SLIM--gone, but never forgotten...

Original Bengals message boards
Rep Points: 4726

Reply/Quote
(04-16-2020, 09:19 PM)JSR18 Wrote: So what could be controversial standing in a zoo watching some monkeys run around and "going to town"????

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Everything is controversial now a days man.  Mellow 
Reply/Quote
(04-16-2020, 09:13 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Please tell me we’re not seriously digging up old tweets the guy made as a teenager...

Sad

I did more stupid and crazy things by age 15 than most. 

Reply/Quote
(04-16-2020, 09:40 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Sad

I did more stupid and crazy things by age 15 than most. 

Same here. Everyone makes mistakes and should be forgiven for them, especially when we are all young and stupid.
Reply/Quote