Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Burrow Favored to Win ROY
https://sports.yahoo.com/nfl-odds-joe-burrow-is-the-clear-rookie-of-the-year-favorite-can-anyone-challenge-him-130043139.html

Nice article on Bengals new study QB.

The argument is that Burrow will get more playing time compared to the other Rookie QB and has solid offensive weapons if players can remain healthy. I would not bet against him that is for sure.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I'd say he's got a good shot.
Reply/Quote
(06-22-2020, 02:37 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: https://sports.yahoo.com/nfl-odds-joe-burrow-is-the-clear-rookie-of-the-year-favorite-can-anyone-challenge-him-130043139.html

Nice article on Bengals new study QB.  

The argument is that Burrow will get more playing time compared to the other Rookie QB and has solid offensive weapons if players can remain healthy.  I would not bet against him that is for sure.

Not a big surprise since it tends to go to QBs.. 5 out of last 10 years have been QBs (Murray, Prescott, Griffin, Newton and Bradford).. interesting Cam has 4 appearances in playoffs just 3-4 record .. of the others Prescott twice 1-2 and Griffin one 0-1.  Lets hope we don;t continue that trend
Reply/Quote
I agree. Very high chance to be ROY, follow it up with MVP the second year!
Reply/Quote
I could see Lamb having a big season in Dallas with Dak, but yeah, I like Joe’s chances.

Pickens was our last player to win it right?

Reply/Quote
(06-22-2020, 10:02 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I could see Lamb having a big season in Dallas with Dak, but yeah, I like Joe’s chances.

Pickens was our last player to win it right?

Wow, had to look it up because I figured his pedestrian numbers could never have won him an award.

But yes, he won it.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
No surprise. Hopefully Burrow has a great rookie campaign and also breaks Mayfield's records. Think he can.
Reply/Quote
(06-23-2020, 01:22 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: No surprise. Hopefully Burrow has a great rookie campaign and also breaks Mayfield's records. Think he can.

If AJ and Ross can stay healthy and produce, throw in Boyd and Higgins, he has good shot.
Reply/Quote
(06-23-2020, 01:30 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: If AJ and Ross can stay healthy and produce, throw in Boyd and Higgins, he has good shot.

Yes, all depends on health of everyone. If we can stay reasonably healthy Burrow is definitely the favorite by far to win ROY.

Think Mixon and Boyd both will benefit big time from Burrow with how he likes to throw to the RB and Slot receiver.

Didn't like how Schwab in the article said a big reason Burrow would pass a lot was because we would be losing a lot of games BTW.

I think some haven't paid any attention to our FA. I think this Defense will be much better this season.
Reply/Quote
(06-23-2020, 01:35 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Yes, all depends on health of everyone. If we can stay reasonably healthy Burrow is definitely the favorite by far to win ROY.

Think Mixon and Boyd both will benefit big time from Burrow with how he likes to throw to the RB and Slot receiver.

Didn't like how Schwab in the article said a big reason Burrow would pass a lot was because we would be losing a lot of games BTW.

I think some haven't paid any attention to our FA. I think this Defense will be much better this season.

I believe this team will be much more competitive than we have been in several years. How many wins they will end up with ? It wouldn't shock me if we're still in the mix come December. 

I'm just hoping we're not out of half the games by midway thru 2nd quarter, like we have been. 
Reply/Quote
(06-23-2020, 02:13 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: I believe this team will be much more competitive than we have been in several years. How many wins they will end up with ? It wouldn't shock me if we're still in the mix come December. 

I'm just hoping we're not out of half the games by midway thru 2nd quarter, like we have been. 

Sure will help having a Defense that can stop the run and tackle somewhat.
Reply/Quote
(06-23-2020, 01:35 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Yes, all depends on health of everyone. If we can stay reasonably healthy Burrow is definitely the favorite by far to win ROY.

I see throwing to RBs less on QB and more on play calling.. I did not think Taylor did an effective job there.. many thought we see Mixon and Gio in the backfield more to open up the options we did not.. I hope we change the play calling, as for Boyd with the lack of offense last two years, he really clicked with Dalton when you look at his performance last two years.. I hope we continue and add to  that success with Burrow and I believe the key to having more production in slots etc will be the health of AJ... AJ to me is the key to Burrow having a real run at ROY and also if Tua becomes the starter right away at Miami.. he is most likely to challenge Burrow for ROY
Reply/Quote
If Sample can stay healthy all year then Burrow should have a good shot at ROY.
Reply/Quote
But but Collin Cowherd....
But but this is where QBs get ruined...
Reply/Quote
(06-23-2020, 02:44 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: I see throwing to RBs less on QB and more on play calling.. I did not think Taylor did an effective job there.. many thought we see Mixon and Gio in the backfield more to open up the options we did not.. I hope we change the play calling, as for Boyd with the lack of offense last two years, he really clicked with Dalton when you look at his performance last two years.. I hope we continue and add to  that success with Burrow and I believe the key to having more production in slots etc will be the health of AJ... AJ to me is the key to Burrow having a real run at ROY and also if Tua becomes the starter right away at Miami.. he is most likely to challenge Burrow for ROY

Yes, hope they change up the play calling big time.

Was very puzzling last year when AJ and our weapons went down and we didn't adapt and start to use the RB's and TE's in 
the passing game more. But in the end you throw to who is open and I didn't think Dalton nor Finley did a good job of this at
all last season. The thing about Burrow is he has the ability to throw players open, a rare quality in a QB.

AJ being healthy is definitely key to Burrow having a real run at ROY, you are correct.
Reply/Quote
god this team needs a Saviour! BAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reply/Quote

Can't get to mad at them. Recent history hasn't been kind and we still have the AFCN to deal with. 
Reply/Quote
(06-24-2020, 12:28 AM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: Can't get to mad at them. Recent history hasn't been kind and we still have the AFCN to deal with. 

Yeah, just saying we just had the biggest FA I have ever seen addressing the Defense and its weaknesses.

Don't think this should be ignored. The FA we had also is ideal for playing in the AFCN. 

Mainly stopping the run and tackling well, that is who we brought in.
Reply/Quote
I'm trying to get pumped for football, but the thought of empty stands it's hard... Basically watching a scrimmage. I don't know how they are gonna block the swearing out and calling plays will be a ***** because the Defense will hear everything...
Reply/Quote
I do hope Burrow does well, but if I had to actually bet money on it?

Clyde Edwards-Helaire would easily be my bet.

When you have Mahomes at QB, defenses are never going to be able to sell out to stop the run. You're also going to have a LOT of leads to run out the time on in the 4th quarter. Andy Reid has always made his RBs look good, too, and he generally uses them a lot in the passing game as well.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote