Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Burrow Feels The Best He Has Since Surgery!
Burrow is feeling back to normal for the first time since knee surgery two years ago and ran at 20.8 mph, which is the fastest he's run since surgery!

Quote:Cincinnati Bengals quarterback Joe Burrow has made headlines this summer a few times for running extra sprints after practice.

And — of course, knowing him — Burrow’s been in a bit of a competition with himself while doing so.

Let Burrow tell it, he just ran 20.8 MPH in his latest session, which he says is a personal best since that brutal knee injury.

As fans surely want to hear, Burrow told reporters he’s simply feeling back to normal.

“It just feels good to feel normal again,” Burrow said. “We’re getting there. Record since surgery, that’s for sure.”

This is Burrow’s first normal summer as a pro as heads into his third season after COVID and injury rehab, respectively, derailed his first two offseasons.

Interestingly, this speed check from Burrow arrives as he’s been practicing without the knee brace for the first time. He says he’ll figure out during training camp whether he’ll wear it during games again this upcoming season.

I love that he's constantly in competition with himself trying to improve his game and, now that it looks like he'll be back to full strength and be more mobile than ever, it's a scary thought to think about how good he'll be!

As far as the knee brace, whatever he's comfortable with but I'd like him to wear it if it adds extra protection.

It's going to be a great year!
Reply/Quote
(06-20-2022, 01:47 AM)BFritz21 Wrote: Burrow is feeling back to normal for the first time since knee surgery two years ago and ran at 20.8 mph, which is the fastest he's run since surgery!

I love that he's constantly in competition with himself trying to improve his game and, now that it looks like he'll be back to full strength and be more mobile than ever, it's a scary thought to think about how good he'll be!

As far as the knee brace, whatever he's comfortable with but I'd like him to wear it if it adds extra protection.

Joe needs to be more disciplined in not always trying to hit the big play ALWAYS. That’s his biggest area of improvement. Joe is given tons of latitude by Taylor. Taylor being a QB himself has a lot of respect for the position and additionally Joe’s ability to run the offense. As they work together between the two of them it’s going to get better and better. The OL will help them a ton. That being said the NFL is not that LSU NC team. Joe loves 00 or 01 personnel packages. He’s going to have more time to get to his 3rd or 4th progression… and he needs to go there with it. This offense will take off to the best in the NFL if he does provided the OL is much improved
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
"Cincinnati Bengals quarterback Joe Burrow has made headlines this summer a few times for running extra sprints after practice."

Quaterback Dewey Warren, who started the first regular season game in Bengal history, had a radio talk show in Knoxville. Two things he said about Paul Brown at the Bengals first training camp. First, at age 60, Paul would do the opening warm-up calisthenics with the team. Second, at the end of practice he would tell the team "This is the end of required practice, but any of you who feel you still need to work on anything are welcome to stay longer". Dewy said they were all too scared to go straight to the locker room.
Reply/Quote
like i said in another thread, if he can stick to talking about football only, keep the sill cocky stuff in check and get away from the cam newton look at me stuff with the clothes, he has the talent to be mvp this year.
Reply/Quote
(06-20-2022, 01:48 PM)Tiger Blood Wrote: like i said in another thread, if he can stick to talking about football only, keep the sill cocky stuff in check and get away from the cam newton look at me stuff with the clothes, he has the talent to be mvp this year.

None of the stuff you listed with effect his talent to be MVP. Now if you would have said I’ll like him, sure. But he can be an MVP with the above mentioned qualities or not.
Reply/Quote
(06-20-2022, 01:48 PM)Tiger Blood Wrote: like i said in another thread, if he can stick to talking about football only, keep the sill cocky stuff in check and get away from the cam newton look at me stuff with the clothes, he has the talent to be mvp this year.

Clothes have zero to do with playing football.  Joe Namath wore a mink coat and won the biggest Super Bowl upset of all time.

And lots of great athletes have found time to talk about something other than their sport.  Bill Russell and Kareem Abdul-Jabar were outspoken political activists and they won 17 NBA Championships.  Roger Staubach and Kurt Warner made time to talk about their religious beliefs and they won 3 Super Bowls.

We don't need your "cancel culture" around here.  Burrow should be free to talk about whatever he wants.
Reply/Quote
(06-20-2022, 02:12 PM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: None of the stuff you listed with effect his talent to be MVP. Now if you would have said I’ll like him, sure. But he can be an MVP with the above mentioned qualities or not.

unless they become cam newton type distractions. just stick to football and quit the chest pounding look at me stuff. win games. thats all he needs to do. the other stuff is unneeded.
Reply/Quote
(06-20-2022, 02:18 PM)Tiger Blood Wrote: unless they become cam newton type distractions. 

No NFL player ever got "distracted" by what Cam Newton wore.

Certain hyper-sensitive fans were the only ones who got upset over that kind of stuff.
Reply/Quote
(06-20-2022, 02:17 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Clothes have zero to do with playing football.  Joe Namath wore a mink coat and won the biggest Super Bowl upset of all time.

And lots of great athletes have found time to talk about something other than their sport.  Bill Russell and Kareem Abdul-Jabar were outspoken political activists and they won 17 NBA Championships.  Roger Staubach and Kurt Warner made time to talk about their religious beliefs and they won 3 Super Bowls.

We don't need your "cancel culture" around here.  Burrow should be free to talk about whatever he wants.

namath faded away. newton faded away. it does matter because it's just look at me stuff.

it's funny you mention cancel culture while telling me my opinion is wanted around here.
Reply/Quote
(06-20-2022, 02:22 PM)Tiger Blood Wrote: namath faded away. newton faded away. it does matter because it's just look at me stuff.

Every professional athlete "fades away"

(06-20-2022, 02:22 PM)Tiger Blood Wrote: it's funny you mention cancel culture while telling me my opinion is wanted around here.

Your opinion is welcome.  I have no problem with you saying you disagree with Burrow's opinion.

What is NOT welcome is you saying that Burrow should not be allowed to enjoy freedom of speech.

your opinion = welcome
telling other people that they can't speak their opinion = NOT welcome

Nothing "funny" about it when you understand the discussion we are having.
Reply/Quote
(06-20-2022, 01:48 PM)Tiger Blood Wrote: like i said in another thread, if he can stick to talking about football only, keep the sill cocky stuff in check and get away from the cam newton look at me stuff with the clothes, he has the talent to be mvp this year.

You sound upset that he discussed common sense gun control, when he was asked the question by the media
Reply/Quote
(06-20-2022, 02:47 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Every professional athlete "fades away"

Your opinion is welcome.  I have no problem with you saying you disagree with Burrow's opinion.

What is NOT welcome is you saying that Burrow should not be allowed to enjoy freedom of speech.

your opinion = welcome
telling other people that they can't speak their opinion = NOT welcome

Nothing "funny" about it when you understand the discussion we are having.

notice only one of us is calling people snowflakes. anyways, i'm out on this so it doesn't derail the thread.
Reply/Quote
(06-20-2022, 03:22 PM)Tiger Blood Wrote: notice only one of us is calling people snowflakes. 

I think it is an appropriate term for anyone who gets triggered over what an athlete wears when he isn't playing.

But since I upset you I will change it to "hyper-sensitive".
Reply/Quote
(06-20-2022, 01:48 PM)Tiger Blood Wrote: like i said in another thread, if he can stick to talking about football only, keep the sill cocky stuff in check and get away from the cam newton look at me stuff with the clothes, he has the talent to be mvp this year.

I guess you totally missed the part where he talked about his best friend in High School was a clothing designer and some of the stuff he wears is from his buddy's designs, who he is trying to help out. And I have yet to see him wear anything near as silly as Cam Newton. 
Reply/Quote
(06-20-2022, 01:47 AM)BFritz21 Wrote: Burrow is feeling back to normal for the first time since knee surgery two years ago and ran at 20.8 mph, which is the fastest he's run since surgery!

Yes, just saw the Simms vid in the other thread and Joe is 6'4" and 210 pounds. He is like Tee Higgins out there but maybe a 
little skinnier and probably in the best shape of his life. I could see him running for a lot of yards and TD's this season as well as
throwing for tons of TD's and maybe breaking the record for most TD's in a season by a QB and I am not even kidding. 

We will see, but I sure have a great feeling about this next season.
Reply/Quote
(06-21-2022, 03:14 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Yes, just saw the Simms vid in the other thread and Joe is 6'4" and 210 pounds. He is like Tee Higgins out there but maybe a 
little skinnier and probably in the best shape of his life. I could see him running for a lot of yards and TD's this season as well as
throwing for tons of TD's and maybe breaking the record for most TD's in a season by a QB and I am not even kidding. 

We will see, but I sure have a great feeling about this next season.

I never even thought about that but it's entirely possible because the record is 55 and Burrow had 34 last season with no offensive line and only 16 games.

Some people might say the record would come with an asterisk since now they play 17 games, but it would be impressive and something that I'll definitely lay a prop bet on!

I do hope that he doesn't try to run too much because, while he has proved that he is capable and willing, I don't want him taking any unnecessary hits.
Reply/Quote
(06-21-2022, 05:58 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: I never even thought about that but it's entirely possible because the record is 55 and Burrow had 34 last season with no offensive line and only 16 games.

Some people might say the record would come with an asterisk since now they play 17 games, but it would be impressive and something that I'll definitely lay a prop bet on!

I do hope that he doesn't try to run too much because, while he has proved that he is capable and willing, I don't want him taking any unnecessary hits.

Is that Brady, Brees or Peyton with the record? I forgot. Mellow

True, there would be an asterisk next to it but depends on if the QB that does break the record does it in 16 games. Burrow 
was coming off a terrible injury and wasn't right till about a dozen games in on top of the poor OL play. Him being healthy
which is the point of the thread and feeling great going into the season on top of all the things we mentioned...

I could see him breaking the 55 TD record if him and the OL stay relatively healthy. Like Fred keeps on saying, he may not 
have this good of WR's ever again and the running game will help him out.

On the last point, I agree but it is just the way Burrow plays, he will run it if there is nobody open or a play breaks down.
Reply/Quote
(06-21-2022, 05:58 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: I do hope that he doesn't try to run too much because, while he has proved that he is capable and willing, I don't want him taking any unnecessary hits.

It is kind of a paradox.  We all want to see Burrow scramble to extend plays.  It is actually one of his biggest strengths.  To take it away would be to waste a lot of his talent,  But at the same time we don't want to see him taking a lot of hits.

To me it is not "how much" he runs, but "how" he runs.  I don't care if he runs 100 times as long as he runs smart.  Don't be afraid to slide, run out of bounds, or throw the ball away.  But if he is running balls out every time, diving for extra yards or lowering his shoulder for contact, then I don't want him running at all.
Reply/Quote
(06-21-2022, 06:40 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Is that Brady, Brees or Peyton with the record? I forgot. Mellow

True, there would be an asterisk next to it but depends on if the QB that does break the record does it in 16 games. Burrow 
was coming off a terrible injury and wasn't right till about a dozen games in on top of the poor OL play. Him being healthy
which is the point of the thread and feeling great going into the season on top of all the things we mentioned...

I could see him breaking the 55 TD record if him and the OL stay relatively healthy. Like Fred keeps on saying, he may not 
have this good of WR's ever again and the running game will help him out.

On the last point, I agree but it is just the way Burrow plays, he will run it if there is nobody open or a play breaks down.

It goes Manning, Brady (I don't know how Manning beat him on the year they went undefeated when he just threw bombs to Moss) and Mohomes tied for second, Manning again at fourth, and then Marino and Rodgers tied for fifth and sixth.

I didn't even think that Burrow probably wouldn't play in the 17th game if we have everything locked up. I think he should have a very good chance at breaking the record if he can stay healthy. 

Good point about not having receivers as good as Higgins and Boyd, but I think (1) he won't need receivers AS good as them since Chase draws so much coverage and Burrow is so good, and (2) good vets might want to come here to catch passes from Burrow/chase a ring.

As far as the last point, I agree and it won't be too bad if he slides or runs out-of-bounds, but, even though the NFL does its best to protect QBs, he could get blindsided or cheap shotted on a run.
Reply/Quote
(06-21-2022, 07:58 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: It goes Manning, Brady (I don't know how Manning beat him on the year they went undefeated when he just threw bombs to Moss) and Mohomes tied for second, Manning again at fourth, and then Marino and Rodgers tied for fifth and sixth.

I didn't even think that Burrow probably wouldn't play in the 17th game if we have everything locked up. I think he should have a very good chance at breaking the record if he can stay healthy. 

Good point about not having receivers as good as Higgins and Boyd, but I think (1) he won't need receivers AS good as them since Chase draws so much coverage and Burrow is so good, and (2) good vets might want to come here to catch passes from Burrow/chase a ring.

As far as the last point, I agree and it won't be too bad if he slides or runs out-of-bounds, but, even though the NFL does its best to protect QBs, he could get blindsided or cheap shotted on a run.

Thanks for the record news, I knew it was one of those 3 but I guess I am remembering Brees and his yardage record. In the end 
throwing for more TD's is much more important. Burrow seems to be right in the right spot at the right time to break it. The NFL is
not too big for him obviously and he can read every Defense thrown at him and now has an improved OL and great WR's.

True that a QB like Burrow doesn't need great WR's but he could have a record breaking year with these great WR's. He will be able
to get the job done with Chase and new guys, still want Tee to stay but it isn't the end of the world if he goes seeking #1 money.

Maybe going to the SuperBowl will give Burrow some protection from the refs...

Sure hope so.
Reply/Quote