Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Burrow Has A Warning For The Rest Of The League!
Burrow sees how good we've been, but he knows we can be better and says that we're going to be scary good when we get everything clicking!

I LOVE that we won big, are sitting at 4-2, we're already surprising people, and he's STILL NOT HAPPY AND KNOWS THERE'S ROOM FOR IMPROVEMENT!

Quote:Watch out, NFL, the Cincinnati Bengals are coming.

The rest of the football world is seeing it!

Quote:Cincinnati improved to 4-2 on the season on Sunday afternoon, defeating the Detroit Lions, 34-11. Joe Burrow led his offense to a strong performance, throwing for 271 yards and three touchdowns. Joe Mixon had a big day, as well, rushing for 94 yards.

The Bengals think they can be much better, too.

Burrow admitted following the game that the offense has some things it needs to correct. He believes it could be “scary” when that happens.

“If we eliminate some of those things that happened in the first half, we probably score 50 points today,” Burrow said, via the Bengals website. “But it’s the NFL. I’m never going to be upset about a 34-point game when you’re winning by as much as we did, but we do have to get some things corrected. And when we do that, it’s going to be scary. ”

Cincinnati is very much in the playoff hunt right now. The Bengals will look to build upon their strong start with another win next week.

Burrow and Co. are set to face a divisional rival in the Ravens next weekend. Kickoff is set for 1 p.m. E.T.

He's focused on improving and getting the team to be the best that they can be! He wants to eliminate mistakes and wants players to start being accountable, which is what a leader does and it will inspire the team to raise their play to another level!

I'm thinking that Burrow has what Palmer didn't have and that's the "IT" factor that players follow and want to be their best for!

I think we can have a dynasty under Burrow's control of our offense because guys like Jesse Bates will match his dedication and play on defense!

WHO-DEY!
Reply/Quote
(10-19-2021, 12:54 AM)BFritz21 Wrote: Burrow sees how good we've been, but he knows we can be better and says that we're going to be scary good when we get everything clicking!

I LOVE that we won big, are sitting at 4-2, we're already surprising people, and he's STILL NOT HAPPY AND KNOWS THERE'S ROOM FOR IMPROVEMENT!

He's focused on improving and getting the team to be the best that they can be!  He wants to eliminate mistakes and wants players to start being accountable, which is what a leader does and it will inspire the team to raise their play to another level!

I'm thinking that Burrow has what Palmer didn't have and that's the "IT" factor that players follow and want to be their best for!  

I think we can have a dynasty under Burrow's control of our offense because guys like Jesse Bates will match his dedication and play on defense!

WHO-DEY!

Brad, for one of those rare moments, you and I agree.  The only two things I might point out though.  First of all, we need to get all our OL healthy and figure out the best we have to keep our boy upright.  And second, he's starting, IMO to get a little quick back there to take off with the ball.  He needs to protect that knee.  One wrong pop from a helmet or something, and we are back to...well, I don't even want to say it.

But if Joey B can stay healthy, I just might to get to see a Lombardi hoisted by a Bengal before I croak.   Hilarious
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-19-2021, 02:57 AM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: Brad, for one of those rare moments, you and I agree.  The only two things I might point out though.  First of all, we need to get all our OL healthy and figure out the best we have to keep our boy upright.  And second, he's starting, IMO to get a little quick back there to take off with the ball.  He needs to protect that knee.  One wrong pop from a helmet or something, and we are back to...well, I don't even want to say it.

But if Joey B can stay healthy, I just might to get to see a Lombardi hoisted by a Bengal before I croak.   Hilarious

[Image: giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e47lu8ngj9sf1pclyohvt...y.gif&ct=g]

LOVE TO BE ON THE SAME SIDE!

Hilarious

I agree on the offensive line and I've been preaching that all along. Right now, I don't see us signing anyone mid-season because that's just typically not our style, especially if we don't have an injury or something, but I'm hoping we go-hard in free agency and draft quality guys.  

I'm actually happy he's scrambling because I fear something like what happened to Carson, but I guess it's more dangerous if he's out running.

I feel like Burrow definitely could get us the ring we've all been dreaming of!
Reply/Quote
(10-19-2021, 03:16 AM)BFritz21 Wrote:
[Image: giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e47lu8ngj9sf1pclyohvt...y.gif&ct=g]

LOVE TO BE ON THE SAME SIDE!

Hilarious

I agree on the offensive line and I've been preaching that all along. Right now, I don't see us signing anyone mid-season because that's just typically not our style, especially if we don't have an injury or something, but I'm hoping we go-hard in free agency and draft quality guys.  

I'm actually happy he's scrambling because I fear something like what happened to Carson, but I guess it's more dangerous if he's out running.

I feel like Burrow definitely could get us the ring we've all been dreaming of!

Cheers
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote
I think one of the more exciting things is that this team has resources to make additions over the next couple of years (until Burrow's rookie deal is up).

They can add more players in free agency this year - they will be well below the cap. You add another play maker on defense and another competent offensive line this off-season then look the hell out.
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(10-19-2021, 12:54 AM)BFritz21 Wrote: Burrow sees how good we've been, but he knows we can be better and says that we're going to be scary good when we get everything clicking!

He's focused on improving and getting the team to be the best that they can be!  He wants to eliminate mistakes and wants players to start being accountable, which is what a leader does and it will inspire the team to raise their play to another level!

WHO-DEY!

One of the reasons I wanted Burrow over Tua or Herbert or whomever else was being discussed as the possible pick is because of how hard Burrow works to improve. And I think that'll continue over the course of his career. I don't think Burrow's going to stop trying to improve until he's retired and maybe not even then.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
At least Burrow is taking accountability and tossing this info out there. 4-2 is fun, but the offense hasn't been that great.
Reply/Quote
(10-19-2021, 09:23 AM)WeezyBengal Wrote: I think one of the more exciting things is that this team has resources to make additions over the next couple of years (until Burrow's rookie deal is up).

They can add more players in free agency this year - they will be well below the cap. You add another play maker on defense and another competent offensive line this off-season then look the hell out.
Let's just hope we use it right and get some quality offensive linemen instead of just waiting to see what's left after all the top free agents are signed.

Let's hope that our front office is smart this offseason and doesn't just rely on the draft!
(10-19-2021, 09:31 AM)PhilHos Wrote: One of the reasons I wanted Burrow over Tua or Herbert or whomever else was being discussed as the possible pick is because of how hard Burrow works to improve. And I think that'll continue over the course of his career. I don't think Burrow's going to stop trying to improve until he's retired and maybe not even then.
Good call!  

Like I said, he wants to be the best and it will be scary to see how much he improves and how good he can be!
(10-19-2021, 09:34 AM)TecmoBengals Wrote: At least Burrow is taking accountability and tossing this info out there. 4-2 is fun, but the offense hasn't been that great.

Given the expectations for this season, I'll take top half of the league in scoring, 
Reply/Quote
I am pretty sure every NFL team would be better if they stopped making mistakes.

Saying stuff like this does not impress me. Anyone can talk a good game.
Reply/Quote
(10-19-2021, 09:23 AM)WeezyBengal Wrote: I think one of the more exciting things is that this team has resources to make additions over the next couple of years (until Burrow's rookie deal is up).

This is important, and it's why they need to get over the hump quick.  The window won't stay open that long having the players on rookie deals they have.  They have to move quick, though.  Which is why I hate the .500 record this year talk I hear a lot of fans being okay with.  Yes, it's trending the right direction after the past few years, but they need to making some legitimate strides right now.  Starting with beating a team with a winning record (which is a drum I'm not going to stop beating until they do it), and not getting caught up on "coulda put a fifty burger on the Lions". 

This team is in a great spot roster-wise, and need to strike while that iron's hot! 
Reply/Quote

They can add more players in free agency this year - they will be well below the cap.
You add another play maker on defense and another competent offensive line this off-season then look the hell out.

Will they really though after they get all their own players done. Gonna have to pay Bates big money, Ogunjobi is on a one year deal and so are several others. 
Reply/Quote
(10-19-2021, 04:36 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Will they really though after they get all their own players done. Gonna have to pay Bates big money, Ogunjobi is on a one year deal and so are several others. 

They should have plenty of money - especially since the cap is increasing significantly this year. Ownership has to be willing to spend, though. 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(10-19-2021, 05:19 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: They should have plenty of money - especially since the cap is increasing significantly this year. Ownership has to be willing to spend, though. 

Willing to spend, and spend INTELLIGENTLY is the key.

$14m/yr for a mediocre starting CB? That's willing to spend, but not intelligently. The Bengals could have gone after one of the best Cs in the game for $1.5m/yr less. Instead they roll with the 6th highest cap hit in 2021 for the Bengals being Trey Hopkins (who PFF currently has rated 33rd among Cs).

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote

Agreed. Also there is not gaping holes like previously. We will likely have to draft RT when Reiff leaves. I think Hopkins can be upgraded. Aside from that I think DB and DT could be added as well.
Reply/Quote
(10-19-2021, 03:04 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I am pretty sure every NFL team would be better if they stopped making mistakes.

Saying stuff like this does not impress me.  Anyone can talk a good game.

Yet not all do talk a good game, so kudos to JB for trying at least.

Plus he is right, the offense has so much room for improvement still and would be nice to see it come to fruition. 

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
I'm personally shocked, SHOCKED I SAY, that this team doesn't have half the team out with season ending injuries. Usually by this time there's a strong contingency of players on the shelf. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(10-19-2021, 03:04 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I am pretty sure every NFL team would be better if they stopped making mistakes.

Saying stuff like this does not impress me. Anyone can talk a good game.

I think he’s just trying to get people,including his teammates,excited,or better yet,motivated.Which isn’t a bad thing.Joe Burrow is a smart guy.He knows the players respect him.When he talks they listen.A little extra jolt of motivation sure helps,especially when you have the Baltimore Ravens on your schedule this week.
Reply/Quote
FWIW... LSU fan---at LSU one of my favorite quotes from 2018 was, "we could be like.... really good"

Then 2019 happened. Normally I say who dat but... WHO DEY
Reply/Quote
Many did not like the man as a person, but few can argue against his brilliant football mind.

The ONLY man in football to create, own, and coach 2 different football teams (co-founder of one) was Paul Brown.

I still love one of his philosophical quotes, and was raised playing baseball with this very philosophy:

"When you win say nothing.  When you lose say even less."
Reply/Quote